• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

There was a deal rejected by the NHL yesterday

Rate this topic

The Ducks and Isles came to an agreement to send Jason Blake to the Ducks in exchange for their first round pick but the NHL rejected it because it was sent in too late and the deadline had already passed.

No idea what Garth Snow was doin after pickin up smyth and wanting to trade Blake??? :crazy:

As for anaheim POV, burke couldn't accomplish anything other than pickin up the 1st rounder for o'brien. I honestly thought it was a forgone conclusion that they were gonna use that pick to get someone, but apparently not i guess.

The Ducks and Isles came to an agreement to send Jason Blake to the Ducks in exchange for their first round pick but the NHL rejected it because it was sent in too late and the deadline had already passed.

No idea what Garth Snow was doin after pickin up smyth and wanting to trade Blake??? :crazy:

As for anaheim POV, burke couldn't accomplish anything other than pickin up the 1st rounder for o'brien. I honestly thought it was a forgone conclusion that they were gonna use that pick to get someone, but apparently not i guess.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

I'd say Burke probably panicked.

Getting a 1st for Blake would have made the Smyth deal less costly for NYI.

Edited by rick zombo

Interesting. Considering Blake had a hat trick las night. Its a good thing this didn`t happen

Makes a lot of sense. I was surprised to see Anaheim stay put and that Islanders never moved Blake to compensate for the Smyth deal. Blake will most likely leave as a free agent anyway, since the Islanders don't want to give him that 5 yr $18 M contract.

I'm not sure if this is entirely true.

Anahiem gave up their 2007 1st round pick in the Pronger deal with Edmonton. And if Anahiem wins the Western Conference this playoffs they have to give Edmonton their 1st pick in 2008.

I'm not sure if this is entirely true.

Anahiem gave up their 2007 1st round pick in the Pronger deal with Edmonton. And if Anahiem wins the Western Conference this playoffs they have to give Edmonton their 1st pick in 2008.

They did give up a 1st rounder this year for pronger. However, they acquired tampa's 1st round pick by trading shane o'brien.

Edited by Mighty Wings

interesting Burke staying put during the deadline. Seems like another scorer would have been a good idea. Maybe it was just me, but I was kinda suprised Murray from the Bs didn't get moved.