• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LORD STANLEY OF PRESTON

One of Mickey Redmond's best quote's ever!

Rate this topic

During a recent broadcast after the Sabres/Senators fight,

Mickey is reminiscing and telling Ken Daniels about a melee, donnybrook,

fracas, row, brawl, that took place when Mickey was on the Habs and

playing in Boston. Mickey tells Ken that the benches emptied six times

during the game.

Ken says something negative about the benches emptying six times,

and Mickey responds with;

"Well at the time it seemed like the right thing to do."

Another MickMickMicky-ism

"He was shooting the puck so badly, if he was standing on the end

of a pier he couldn't hit the water."

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

I love Mickey. I always hate when Larry Murphy is in there. Nothing against Murphy really, hes just no Mickey Redmond. Those quotes were funny. And sometimes he says really weird things that ive never heard before like. "HOLY SMACKS BOY"! That one definitely had me cracking up. Great guy though. The kinda guy you could have a few beers with and hear plenty of good stories.

Edited by GodofHockeyStevieY19

Yeah Mickey's cool- he's old time hockey and he's been there and done it so he knows what he's talkin about. And you can't beat the Mickey Redmonisms.

As for his comparison between his own experience and people losing their minds over the Sens/Buffalo thing, the obvious difference is Mick's day was before a bunch of whiners that for the most part aren't knowledgealble and/or don't care about hockey started griping about fighting in hockey.

I beleive in the instigator penalty to the extent of eliminating boxers that can skate (guys that can't play hockey worth s*** that are there because they'll beat the daylights out of 95% or more of actual hockey players), but if guys wanna fight let them fight. If a lot of them wanna fight, let a lot of them fight. It's better than taking it home with you, or back into the locker room that's for sure.

I had the pleasure to talk to Mikey last year at the Wings/Preds finale. The guy has great hockey sense and he does have some of the best onliners. To talk to him for 5 minutes about old time hockey was awesome.

Sean is probaly the only one on there that cares about hockey/wings!

Anyways..I absolutely LOVE Mickey. He's great.

Sean cares about hockey but he doesn't really care about the Wings. He is a huge Habs fan. He cares about the Wings in that he cares about hockey in general and the health of the sport.

Hey Everyone. The first post for a long time lurker. Great site!

I love Mick's little chuckle when someone gets drilled with a clean check.

I have Center Ice with Dish Network and get to listen to a lot of Color Commentators. He's the best.

Sean cares about hockey but he doesn't really care about the Wings. He is a huge Habs fan. He cares about the Wings in that he cares about hockey in general and the health of the sport.

Yeah you're right. I thought he was a huge Hawks fan? Yesterday he was talking about how he watches nearly every Chicago game. Hmmm..

EDIT: Yeah, he's a huge Habs fan. lol

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

Yep, Mick's tthe best. * and now gluten free ! * I think it's great that even Kenny still gets a kick out of him.

From the Hawks game:

"I think it sounds better Fil-POOL-ah"

and

(after Kalder's first shift first goal) "Send Kenny Holland to Vegas"

here is a site for MIckey www.geocities.com/colosseum/arena/8467/quotes.htm

If diving were in the winter olympics, Peter Forsberg should take part

He has more pading than a monkey on a high wire. ?WHAT?

statistics are for losers, unless you have good ones

I have to agree... HNIC could make Mickey a huge star... dump Bob "I Bleed Maple Leaf Blue" Cole and Harry "I Save All Sundin's Underwear" Neal and give me Mickey anyday. The one thing I feel sets Mickey apart from all others is that he calls a spade a spade. Whether it's pro Wings or anti Wings if it's a bad call, good hit, bad hit, whatever... he calls it like he sees it, without the homerism or flat out bias of 99% of the other announcers out there. I wonder if Mickey would respond to a request to join LGW and come on here now and again... hmmm??? Mods, you could always ask, couldn't hurt.

Here's what I want to see:

Old Time Hockey Night: Commentators Ken Daniels (between the benches), Mickey Redmond, and DON CHERRY!!!

I have to agree... HNIC could make Mickey a huge star... dump Bob "I Bleed Maple Leaf Blue" Cole and Harry "I Save All Sundin's Underwear" Neal and give me Mickey anyday. The one thing I feel sets Mickey apart from all others is that he calls a spade a spade. Whether it's pro Wings or anti Wings if it's a bad call, good hit, bad hit, whatever... he calls it like he sees it, without the homerism or flat out bias of 99% of the other announcers out there. I wonder if Mickey would respond to a request to join LGW and come on here now and again... hmmm??? Mods, you could always ask, couldn't hurt.

I doubt Mick has a clue how to operate a computer, let alone knows the existence of message boards. Mickey is a pabst-drinkin old timer...he used to have a radio show on WJR, that lasted a month or so.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings