Photo
- - - - -

One of Mickey Redmond's best quote's ever!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 daniel1

daniel1

#40 - UNSTOPPABLE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:44 PM

I have to agree... HNIC could make Mickey a huge star... dump Bob "I Bleed Maple Leaf Blue" Cole and Harry "I Save All Sundin's Underwear" Neal and give me Mickey anyday. The one thing I feel sets Mickey apart from all others is that he calls a spade a spade. Whether it's pro Wings or anti Wings if it's a bad call, good hit, bad hit, whatever... he calls it like he sees it, without the homerism or flat out bias of 99% of the other announcers out there. I wonder if Mickey would respond to a request to join LGW and come on here now and again... hmmm??? Mods, you could always ask, couldn't hurt.
"And? If I did, I probably would have been a fighter, so what?"

Who knows; maybe you would realize that enforcers in hockey are critical to a teams chemistry and overall success?

#22 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:35 PM

Here's what I want to see:

Old Time Hockey Night: Commentators Ken Daniels (between the benches), Mickey Redmond, and DON CHERRY!!!

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#23 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:10 PM

i love mick,, i also love what john keating said in the pregame show about the wings and the blackhawks... " the redwings have been treating the blackhawks like tourists treat rental cars." hahah
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#24 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:20 PM

I love Mickey. He's the absolute best commentator. He always has a good sense of humor.

#25 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(daniel1 @ March 1, 2007 - 07:44PM) View Post

I have to agree... HNIC could make Mickey a huge star... dump Bob "I Bleed Maple Leaf Blue" Cole and Harry "I Save All Sundin's Underwear" Neal and give me Mickey anyday. The one thing I feel sets Mickey apart from all others is that he calls a spade a spade. Whether it's pro Wings or anti Wings if it's a bad call, good hit, bad hit, whatever... he calls it like he sees it, without the homerism or flat out bias of 99% of the other announcers out there. I wonder if Mickey would respond to a request to join LGW and come on here now and again... hmmm??? Mods, you could always ask, couldn't hurt.

I doubt Mick has a clue how to operate a computer, let alone knows the existence of message boards. Mickey is a pabst-drinkin old timer...he used to have a radio show on WJR, that lasted a month or so.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings, 01 March 2007 - 10:25 PM.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#26 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:26 PM

I really like when he gets on the refs for calling bulls*** penalties, on either team. I always feel the same. You can always sense a little awkwardness that Ken doesnt agree with him.
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#27 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ March 1, 2007 - 10:24PM) View Post

I doubt Mick has a clue how to operate a computer, let alone knows the existence of message boards. Mickey is a pabst-drinkin old timer...he used to have a radio show on WJR, that lasted a month or so.

I was about to say the same thing. Kenny always makes a computer joke every once in a while during games too. laugh.gif

Although that would be really cool of Mickey did come and post here. Heh.

#28 scotzman

scotzman

Ramblin' Scotzman

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE(daniel1 @ March 1, 2007 - 07:44PM) View Post

Mickey did broadcasts on HNIC way back in the day.

Wikipedia

Check out Broadcasting a little ways down the page.

Red Wing Fan since 1976