• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Zetterberg out 2-3 weeks (inflamed disc)

Rate this topic

Obligatory: This sucks.

Long-term (which is a short couple weeks...): We'll be limping in and around Nashville, it seems like. Anything can still happen with this line up, but if we do drop the ball against the Preds, let this be the first, "Don't Panic, We're Still in the Playoffs and We're Healthier Than Ever" post.

Awww, I feel really bad for Hank. Any chance at a Hart run is gone now :(

I'm spinning this really hard...but.... :P

On the plus side, more minutes for Hudler and Flipper?

the biggest reason this hurts is those 3 games against Nashville in the next 14 days. i don't know about the rest of you guys but if we finish 4th more than likely we'll have to meet San Jose first round and that us the number one team i don't want to see in the playoffs.

I hope you're being sarcastic.

i'm dead serious. we should probably just forfeit the rest of the season and get healthy for next season. i mean, think about it!!!!! us without z...is like the bulls without jordan...the golden girls without estelle getty...siegfried and roy without the homosexuality...

i'm dead serious. we should probably just forfeit the rest of the season and get healthy for next season. i mean, think about it!!!!! us without z...is like the bulls without jordan...the golden girls without estelle getty...siegfried and roy without the homosexuality...

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

ITS 2-3 WEEKS! NOT A LONG TIME!

Atleast it's now and not the end of March.

true that.

the biggest reason this hurts is those 3 games against Nashville in the next 14 days. i don't know about the rest of you guys but if we finish 4th more than likely we'll have to meet San Jose first round and that us the number one team i don't want to see in the playoffs.

dallas has the same point total as san jose. its just as likely that we play them if we finish 4th. and I'd for sure rather play dallas than calgary who's 8th now.

your dumb as hell.

We've got tons of depth guys- there's more then enough opportunity to really make this work. What happened last time Z wasn't scoring? LIDS! When the scoring up front dies down Lids starts peppering the opposing goalie with hot rubber.

You kids are as reactionary as Bettman was about the safety nets and politicians were about Sept. 11.

Flame-bait much?

Well ooptar...

I know the Wings are in a fight for the top spot in the division, but personally I am not too concerned if the Wings finish 1 or 4. Any of the teams in the Western Conference are capable of making a deep run in the playoffs. All matchups will be dangerous ones, so while I'd like to see Zetterberg in the lineup obviously, the Wings are pretty entrenched to being 1/4. Having Zetterberg out really won't have much affect in the Wings' place in the standings IMO, so no need to rush him back. Mid-March hopefully.

But the good book does say "Feareth not my children, I shall take my son from you at the birth of a time in which you shall have dire need for him, but this will force your second line to increase production and groometh them for what is sure to be a testing and steady road to Stanley's Grail. And all will be good."

It's all in there, i just don't know where. If anyone has the time to find this verse please let me know. . .

Get better soon Z!

it was only a matter of time before the boys broke your back.... You can't carry the team by yourself the entire season. This is a prime time to see if the rest of the guys can pick up the slack. I know holmer is up to the task so far!

This might not be the most horrible thing for the team. Last year we glided into the playoffs and got licked by a bunch of thumpers in the first round. A little adversity might be just the ticket.

I don't like seeing Z hurt though, he's our guy.

Ok!! I'm very superstitious, and my Mom bought me a signed Zetterberg jersey for my upcoming birthday, so I will take the fall for Z's back injury, I'm sorry everyone my Mom was just trying to do something nice for me. Oh, and as for finishing 1st or 4th in the conference, I'm not so sure that San Jose won't win the Pacific Division, which would mean we would play Anaheim or Dallas. One thing I can tell ya I don't want to play Minnesota or Calgary first, but to be the best you have to beat the best!! GET WELL SOON Z!!!!!! :(:(:(