• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Zetterberg out 2-3 weeks (inflamed disc)

Rate this topic

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

one word: s***!

its good he wont miss the playoffs but i want that number one seed

Edited by paveldatsukthenextsavard

There are two possible outcomes. We keep winning, maybe win the conference and Z comes back for the playoffs.

We don't keep winning, lose the division, fall potentially as low as the 5th or 6th seed, Z comes back and we win again, and Z wins the Hart.

With Z healthy for the playoffs either way, and the extremely close races for the 5th seed and for the NW division title, where we finish might not matter as much as how other teams end their season as far as who we end up playing.

Z's injury likely will have no bearing on the Wings' playoff chances, but could have a huge impact on the regular season standings.

Rumor has it the Red Wings' docs had to surgically remove the saddle that's been weighing him down since the New Year.

I don't like the sounds of this. Inflamed disks vary in their severity (case in point: Bertuzzi needed surgery). Let's hope he's back to 100% for the playoffs. the March games (aka the stretch run) I could care less. It's all about matchups in the West and whether Detroit finishes 1st or 4th-6th is inconsequential.

Edited by Cruiser008

Well, this sucks, but it could have been worst, in that we could have lost him for the rest of the season.

Get well Zetter. I rather have a healthy Zetter in the playoffs than an injured Zetter playing.

Btw, so everyone doesn't freak out like I did in the morning when reading the papers. It's NOT a herniated disk. It's just inflammed.

Hey, its a back problem and who knows what it is. I would not expect the truth if it were bad. With guys like Zetts, the wings will already be in "playoff" mode when it comes to full disclosure.

This is not as serious as one would think. If this were the playoffs, a cortisone shot would be all he would need to bring the swelling down. The docs want him to rest it so the swelling will come down naturally. That and the fact the Wings have all but sewn up 4th at this point makes this decision the smart one.

Lang looked reinvigorated with Calder on his wing, so the Wings can still throw out two lines with 30-plus capable goal scorers on it. As deep as the West is this year, I don't see much of a difference between finishing 1st or 4th; either way you're going to play some tough competition so you might as well have all your horses healthy and saddled for the post season.

Ummm...except it's not a herniated disk. Way to be negative though...

I'm not saying he won't be back, just that with disk problems returning healthy is not automatic. If you think so, check how many games Bertuzzi has played this year. And sorry, this team without Zetterberg will do nothing in the playoffs. Call that negative if you want, I call it realistic

Rumor has it the Red Wings' docs had to surgically remove the saddle that's been weighing him down since the New Year.

:clap:

I think in retrospect this will be a good thing. Test out the kids a bit, a playoff spot is all but secured. #1 or #4 seed likely, does it really matter? We just have to stay ahead of the other division leaders to secure that #4 seed so we have home ice. Let Nashville take the heat of being #1 for a year and see how they like it.. ;)

I seriously think it is a great opportunity to give some hungry Griffins a try-out for next year. :D

It's gonna be so weird not seeing him out there for 3 weeks...I'm crushed times a million. My Henrik better get well asap! But seriously...at least its now and not before playoffs. :(

You're exactly right. And let's not forget, Hank has a tendency to play exceptionally well when he is rested. After sitting for 5 days in Januaryto heal a sore wrist, he came out with 25 points in 11 games in February.

You're exactly right. And let's not forget, Hank has a tendency to play exceptionally well when he is rested. After sitting for 5 days in Januaryto heal a sore wrist, he came out with 25 points in 11 games in February.

So if he sits out two to three weeks, we should expect that ratio of points to games to just explode? :yowza:

Guest DetroitBoy313

I hate to say this but I have a bad feeling about his injury.

So if he sits out two to three weeks, we should expect that ratio of points to games to just explode? :yowza:

Dats will stil produce with Homer amd the second line should wake up with the new acquisitions.

Homer has been terrific lately, especially after his contract extension. Always been a fan, and am glad to see Bertuzzi can do the same thing on the 2nd line.

Rest, Hank... let the team do some scoring for a change.