• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BeeRYCE

Leafs fans

Rate this topic

Ohhh, Kaberle got booed, trust me.

But listen Mack Attack, I live in Windsor, the Toronto/Detroit fan rival of the world. I know more Toronto fans than anything, and you have got to be the best one out there, judging by your posts here.

The powerplay gets booed a lot when it doesn't do much, and Kaberle is usually the one with the puck on the PP, so that might've been it. I only saw the last part of the game last night, so I'm not sure of the situation.

Thanks, not all of us are braindead bandwagoners. :)

Thanks. :) Really appriciate the widebrush thoughts. Good thing I don't think all Red Wings fans are as ignorant as that statement.

Ah go ahead dude say it, we're ignorant :cool:

Edit: Arrogant too

Edited by Barrie

No more than many of our very own Wings fans on these boards. However, Leafs fans do take the cake.

I think the thing is most Leaf fans are just frustrated.

Edit: I have to admit, I know a few Canadiens fans. I like Montreal fans. I think Habs and Wings fans are similar. We're a little more laid back because we're satisfied/content. We have recent history to fall back on. Of course the arrogance comes out at times.

Edited by Barrie

Thanks. :) Really appriciate the widebrush thoughts. Good thing I don't think all Red Wings fans are as ignorant as that statement.

Sorry bud...the GENERAL leaf fans. I know you are not ignorant based on your posts. You have to admit that the majority of Leaf Nation are quite ignorant. "every year is our year." I hear stupid s*** from these type of people every single day.

Sorry bud...the GENERAL leaf fans. I know you are not ignorant based on your posts. You have to admit that the majority of Leaf Nation are quite ignorant. "every year is our year." I hear stupid s*** from these type of people every single day.

No, the bandwagoners. Every team has bandwagoners that think that every year is "the year", but the thing is, the Leafs have more of them because the fanbase is just that much bigger. It just seems like the majority because there are so many bandwagon fans, but I don't think it's out-of-proportion when compared to other teams.

Most true Leafs fans, the ones who pay attention to the team year 'round, know the history and manage their expectations are smart people who are very, very frustrated by the lack of progress that the franchise has made since Pal Hal (Harold Ballard) died.

I think another reason for the "this is our year" mentality is obviously the lack of success. Fans (especially during the Quinn era) saw a team that was good, and held out hope to the bitter end, even though those teams were painfully inferior to the truly successful teams of that time. These are generally your 20-something and 30-something fans who have gone their entire adult lives never having seen the Leafs do anything, except for a few near-misses ('78,'93,'94,'99, '02).

I agree with your statements earlier, Mack, that the Leafs probably will become a better team once Ferguson Jr. is gone. Resigning McCabe for almost as much money as Brad Richards was probably one of the worst deals ever. And the constant investment in Antropov, even though he is injured every other week. And the Leafs certainly could have done better at the deadline.

I don't watch the Leafs all the time, but their on CBC enough for me to see just how they are. And they could be good, if they get a better GM.

By the way, was Ferguson Jr. GM when the Leafs *almost* made it to the Cup final in 2002?

:lol: That was actually a sweet come back.

GOlf LEAFS GOlf :P just kiddin` I wabt to see them play the Sens in the play-offs, that is some great play-off hockey eh?

Thanks Mack. I mean, I am over exposed to 'casual' leaf fans. Who live in the city so they just support the team even though they know nothing about hockey except for the fact that the leafs wear blue and white.

Harold Ballard ruined the organization. That dude was terrible. "Honoring numbers."

Okay, okay, BUT, have Wings fans ever booed a player?

hahaha Federov, Osgood, Hasek and probably a lot more that im forgetting

The reason leafs fans boo there team on a regular basis is cuz they lose on a regular basis and it pisses them off

Us Wing's fans take pride in our goaltending. If I'm not mistaken, Hasek has been mildly booed at the Joe in '02.

and by mildly booed, you mean pple throwing hasek jerseys on the ice after the game (if ur refering to the vancouver playoff game)