• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BeeRYCE

Leafs fans

Rate this topic

Okay listen, I know this is well documented and well known throughout the whole hockey world, but why is it that Leafs fans, and seemingly ONLY Leafs fans have the edacity to actually boo players on a regular basis. Last night when they got blown out by the Sabres, I noticed them booing McCabe, Kaberle, Raycroft, and others. These were loud boos too, I'm talking "Chelios touching the puck in Edmonton" boos. It's disgusting. The sad thing is, Toronto was only losing 3-1 when they started with 12 minutes left in the third. Plenty of time to get back in the game. Don't get me wrong, I hate McCabe more than anybody and hate the Leafs alot too, but that's just gross.

Booing home players at the ACC is very common. How could any Leaf player enjoy playing on the Leafs? It's like us booing Schneider, Lidstrom, and Hasek. We don't do that because we know it's disrespectful. I just want to know though, are Toronto fans the only fans that do this? I only hear about it in Toronto. It just gets me that Toronto fans say that Wings fans are the worst. Bulls***, we could have booed Lilja, Williams, Legace, Hull, Hatcher, Cujo, Lang, etc, etc. for days on in and we don't. Leaf fans are sick people.

Are there any other fans this sick in hockey, or ANY sport? I doubt it, but I'll leave it to the experts to tell me...

Guest Crymson

Okay listen, I know this is well documented and well known throughout the whole hockey world, but why is it that Leafs fans, and seemingly ONLY Leafs fans have the edacity to actually boo players on a regular basis. Last night when they got blown out by the Sabres, I noticed them booing McCabe, Kaberle, Raycroft, and others. These were loud boos too, I'm talking "Chelios touching the puck in Edmonton" boos. It's disgusting. The sad thing is, Toronto was only losing 3-1 when they started with 12 minutes left in the third. Plenty of time to get back in the game. Don't get me wrong, I hate McCabe more than anybody and hate the Leafs alot too, but that's just gross.

Booing home players at the ACC is very common. How could any Leaf player enjoy playing on the Leafs? It's like us booing Schneider, Lidstrom, and Hasek. We don't do that because we know it's disrespectful. I just want to know though, are Toronto fans the only fans that do this? I only hear about it in Toronto. It just gets me that Toronto fans say that Wings fans are the worst. Bulls***, we could have booed Lilja, Williams, Legace, Hull, Hatcher, Cujo, Lang, etc, etc. for days on in and we don't. Leaf fans are sick people.

Are there any other fans this sick in hockey, or ANY sport? I doubt it, but I'll leave it to the experts to tell me...

Canucks fans booed one of their own players when the guy waited out the last 10 seconds of a 2nd period behind his goal.

Us Wing's fans take pride in our goaltending. If I'm not mistaken, Hasek has been mildly booed at the Joe in '02.

Vernon heard it, we gave Ozzie and CuJo a hard time too.

I don't remember position players being booed as much. We're hardest on our goaltenders.

From 1996 to 2002, I watched maybe 75-80% of Wings home games on TV (Back in the UPN50 days :()... I have never heard a boo.

In our case, it's more isolated, unlike Toronto where it's the entire arena.

I agree with your original comments, the booing last night at the ACC was uncalled for. Fans should be booing Management, not the players.

McCabe gets booed because of his contract and the obvious flaws in his game which prove that he isn't worth anything close to what he is paid.

Raycroft gave up 4 goals on 11 shots. He deserves everything he gets for that.

I don't recall Kaberle being booed, he's a pretty popular guy.

I'm sure the boo-birds would come out if Detroit was sitting in 10th place going into March.

While the boos were partly for the players, I think a lot of it was pointed at the disgraceful job that Fergie Jr. has done in his three seasons as GM.

Fortunately, it should be his last.

From 1996 to 2002, I watched maybe 75-80% of Wings home games on TV (Back in the UPN50 days :()... I have never heard a boo.

They were also in 1st place for a majority of that time.

While the boos were partly for the players, I think a lot of it was pointed at the disgraceful job that Fergie Jr. has done in his three seasons as GM.

Yanic Perrault is not your idea of a big deadline deal?

:D

I hate how Leafs fans always boo Alfredson. Its so awsome though when Alfie scores, shuts `em up pretty quick. But Leafs fans just look like retards to the rest of the leagues fans when they boo their own players and who the hell would want to play for the Leafs when they boo their players? Show some damn class Toronto. And I know not all Leaf fans are like that, but there is a majority. ;)

This also reminds me how bad Lalime used to get booed in Ottawa................ :hehe:

This also reminds me how bad Lalime used to get booed in Ottawa................ :hehe:

Hardly. Lalime got booed in that playoff series in 2003-2004 because of a lot of soft goals he let in. But other than that, it generally wasn't that bad.

I hate how Leafs fans always boo Alfredson. Its so awsome though when Alfie scores, shuts `em up pretty quick. But Leafs fans just look like retards to the rest of the leagues fans when they boo their own players and who the hell would want to play for the Leafs when they boo their players? Show some damn class Toronto. And I know not all Leaf fans are like that, but there is a majority. ;)

Booing doesn't happen every game, just whenever they stink the joint out in a must-win game.

Well, what else do you expect from hated rivals? Ever since Alfie fake-tossed his stick in the stands, he's got the boo-birds, both in Toronto and Ottawa.

And you realize that 75% of the ACC is people who don't have a damn clue about hockey?

Show some class? How about they give us a team we can be proud of? They'll never stop buying the tickets, but you expect the fans to put up with a non-playoff team? Get real.

I remember plenty of boos at JLA. Specifically Games 1 and 2 in the 2002 WCQF against Vancouver. But that was more of a booing the whole team than any single player, although Hasek may have been an unjust target a few times.

Oh, I just remembered an obvious one...and some people posted this seriously....why did they always boo Luc Robitaille? :lol:

Hardly. Lalime got booed in that playoff series in 2003-2004 because of a lot of soft goals he let in. But other than that, it generally wasn't that bad.

I went to about 20 Sens games that season and he was getting some heavy boos, just not everyone was booing. He was liked at the start of the season and wanted dead by the end of the season.

I remember plenty of boos at JLA. Specifically Games 1 and 2 in the 2002 WCQF against Vancouver. But that was more of a booing the whole team than any single player, although Hasek may have been an unjust target a few times.

Oh, I just remembered an obvious one...and some people posted this seriously....why did they always boo Luc Robitaille? :lol:

They didn't boo Luc. They just chanted LUUUUUUUUUUUC! Which sounded like a boo...but was quite the opposite.

woops double post

Edited by HenrikRules40

I went to about 20 Sens games that season and he was getting some heavy boos, just not everyone was booing. He was liked at the start of the season and wanted dead by the end of the season.

Really? I remember how well liked he was in the 2002-2003 season. You probably know more than me, so I assume you're right.

McCabe gets booed because of his contract and the obvious flaws in his game which prove that he isn't worth anything close to what he is paid.

Raycroft gave up 4 goals on 11 shots. He deserves everything he gets for that.

I don't recall Kaberle being booed, he's a pretty popular guy.

I'm sure the boo-birds would come out if Detroit was sitting in 10th place going into March.

Ohhh, Kaberle got booed, trust me.

But listen Mack Attack, I live in Windsor, the Toronto/Detroit fan rival of the world. I know more Toronto fans than anything, and you have got to be the best one out there, judging by your posts here.