• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Superman54

Playoffs: Wings vs ?

Rate this topic

Ok I just wanted to know who u guys would like to see Wings play in the playoffs. If we place 4th we will most likely play Dallas or San Jose. If we place 1st then it would either be Minnesota or Calgary and a very slight chance Vancouver. From these four teams I would really enjoy playing Dallas. I think it would be a great matchup. The stars have been known to blow it in the playoffs, like Turco. But I think it would be a fun series to watch and im sure Wings would come out on top. If other people have already done threads like this then my apologies, just dont replay and let it go away.

i think it'll be San Jose 4 vs 5...

be a good series, at least we wont be favourites

obviously i'd prefer anyone else

Edited by Cicada

West looks scary i wouldnt want to face any of those teams ... i dont know why edmonton would want to even be in the playoffs ... specially now ... i think the 9th seed team should just forget the playoffs ... damn ... but the only team i would feal comfortable first round would be the wilds ... if we only had this team ... last year

Edited by KrazyGangsta

Dallas, obviously.

But look at the standings right now: Detroit, Anaheim, and Nashville are the ONLY three teams in the West that have pulled away somewhat. If we talk standings straight up for a second (that is, divisonal seeding notwithstanding), the difference between fourth and eighth place is literally three points. No matter if we finish first or fourth in the West, we have pretty much an equal shot at facing any of these teams.

It's a roulette, and our winning pick is Dallas; we might be in some trouble if we land on San Jose.

i dont mind playing the sharx in the first round , as someone else said , going in as the under dog .... i have a feeling dom is going to step it up in the playoffs and surprise a lot of people . just have faith in dom !!!!! i know this isnt 2002 , but he has the best chance going into the playoffs of making a difference.. if dom is on his game , bring on any team !!!!!

the last couple of years, I've said which teams I wanted to see in the playoffs and which I didn't. Inevitably, we end up facing on of the teams I didn't want to see early and we get knocked out. Im keeping my trap shut this year.

I'm a Canucks fan, and until you guys got Bertuzzi I would have had no problem facing Detroit in any round of the playoffs. Vancouver seems to beat Detroit on a fairly regular basis and Detroit has lost in the first round 3 out of the last 4 years in the playoffs. Detroit has basically melted down in the playoffs and I could absolutely see that happening against Vancouver too. But now Detroit worries me. Sure Bertuzzi is still an unknown entity in regards to whether or not he can get his game back, but if he does, he's capable of carrying a team on his back to victory. It would be a great series though and I would absolutely love to see it.

I won't even pick anyone because there is no point in doing so. Any team is going to be tough as hell to face, and those teams better realize that the WINGS will be tough to face too. But like interminded said..it doesn't matter because you're going to have to win no matter what. If it's not the Sharks in the first round..it could be in the 3rd. So really..no point.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

the West is clearly full of scary teams but you gotta go like this the entire list of opponents that'd id prefer to play with 1 being the one i'd like to play the most and 7 being the last team i'd want to play

1. Dallas

2. Minnesota

3. Vancouver

4. Anaheim

5. Nashville

6. Calgary

7. San Jose

All the teams I'd like the Wings to play are in the Eastern Conference. The West is brutal. I can't see Detroit being favored to win a series against any of the other top 7 teams in the West, to be honest. They'd have a decent shot against Dallas or Minnesota, I guess. They match up reasonably well against Nashville. After that, forget about it. Younger, tougher teams will grind them down over a best of seven series and the Wings won't hand out nearly enough punishment in return.

It's always possible that Hasek stays healthy and gets on a roll and steals a couple of games. But advancing to even the second round in the West is going to be very difficult for Detroit.

All the teams I'd like the Wings to play are in the Eastern Conference. The West is brutal. I can't see Detroit being favored to win a series against any of the other top 7 teams in the West, to be honest. They'd have a decent shot against Dallas or Minnesota, I guess. They match up reasonably well against Nashville. After that, forget about it. Younger, tougher teams will grind them down over a best of seven series and the Wings won't hand out nearly enough punishment in return.

It's always possible that Hasek stays healthy and gets on a roll and steals a couple of games. But advancing to even the second round in the West is going to be very difficult for Detroit.

I'll tell ya what though, I like our chances MUCH more now that we have Calder and especially Bertuzzi. Those two make the Wings that much harder to play against.

I honestly am not scared of any team except the Sharks.

To me it's all about whether the Wings offense shows up or not. They have great goaltending, great defense, and finally have the toughness/grit up front that they've been lacking since 2002. If they can get all four lines rolling, and consistent scoring from the top two then they'll be in great shape. I actually have a great feeling this year about the offense actually showing up. They've faced adversity a bunch of times already this season so you have to think it'll help them out come post season. Plus, I know this sounds silly..but the Wings have not scored as much nor been as great on the PP as they have in the past 3-4 years. I for one think they are saving the goals for the playoffs! ;)

Edited by hockeycrazy3033