• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Louisville

Bertuzzi impresses Babcock in first practice

Rate this topic

I can't be too eager and I don't want to mess things up.

Here's hoping he doesn't push it to come back before he's ready. He should be a force for the Wings, but it won't help if he goes out in the first round.

Take your time Bert. The Wings have plenty of President's Trophies these past few years.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Glad to see that comment from chelli at the end. I knew it wouldnt be a problem with those too, but its just nice to see comfirmation on it. Im glad hes looking good, although not really a shock, i think putting a red wings jersey on can make just about anyone feel better and ready to play. I think im more excited about his return to the ice than he is. I was hoping he would be ready to go this week, but id rather have him at 100% and play all games through to playoffs rather than have him at 80% now and hurt for playoffs.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

I love it. I cannot wait to see him out there in red. And I have no problem with him taking as much time as he needs. I wanna see a 100% healthy Bert out there. I can smell it in the air. This is a Cup year. Detroit Red Wings 2006-2007 Stanley Cup Champions. Ahhh has a nice ring to it. Man I cant believe its been 10 years since the Cup against the Flyers. Man time flies.

I don't know why but I don't think I've ever been more excited about a trade acquistion like this one. And the funny thing is I really hated the guy. I guess its because I know he can make a huge difference. He's an excellent player. No denying that.

Good article. Nice to see hear that he's happy and getting comfortable.

I'm so excited to see Bert play for the Wings. Good to hear him being so involved in the drills but like many of you already said, he needs to take his time and rather be "over-healthy" than rush things.

I'm thinking he might be back a bit earlier than first thought. probably like 7-10 days. I don't know if Z being hurt has any bearing or not on the timetable for Berts return, but if he's back before Z, I'd like to see what a line of Franzen-Dats-Bert could do.

I don't know why but I don't think I've ever been more excited about a trade acquistion like this one. And the funny thing is I really hated the guy. I guess its because I know he can make a huge difference. He's an excellent player. No denying that.

The last time I was this excited about a sgining was when we signed Hasek before the 01-02 season. And before that it was when we matched the offere from the Canes for Sergei.

The last time I was this excited about a sgining was when we signed Hasek before the 01-02 season. And before that it was when we matched the offere from the Canes for Sergei.

Ooh so you haven't been this excited since the last two times we won the Cup!

I think that means something. ;)

Guest MrSandMan

I hope to see him, hank, pavel, and Hasek all play 3/26/07. Cause I'm going to be there watching them against the DUCKS!!! Should be a fabulous game.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BERT'S A RED WING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omgomgomgomgomgomgomg I love it!

You need a towel?

EDIT: If you do i like totaly understand...

Edited by Reme

I agree 100%.

Look how he dwarfs Homer....and Homer is by no means small:

IPB Image

Homer looks so tiny when put beside Bert...

Also, note the engaged look on Bert's face, compared with the almost vacant stare of Lang in picture #9. I really think Babs needs to use some #44 intimidating on Rob Roy here to whip him into shape.

Here is some pics of Bert @ practice.

http://info.detnews.com/photogalleries/ind...m?gallery=wings

Love the one with him behind Cheli stretching.

Thanks for the pics, I was just about to go hunting for some. Love the one of Calder looking "fierce." :P

Bert looks very happy. I hope this is a new beginning for him, and that it turns out well for the team. :thumbup: