• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Louisville

Bertuzzi impresses Babcock in first practice

Rate this topic

I agree, and am glad a lot of other people feel the same. Bert was never the enemy to me, but I feared his skills vs. the Wings. I worried about facing both Bertuzzi and JovoCop, at that time, anyway. Add in those onion-twins (who are scary but DO know how to play hockey) and Naslund, the Nucks presented a real threat. If they'd had a goalie in 2002, it could have gotten ugly.

But now Bert's ours, and I am pleased, for us and for him. I have no doubt Bert will do everything in his power to help the Wings succeed.

Yep, they scared me like no other team really. That top line of Bertuzzi, Nasland and Morrison was deadly. :ph34r:

Thank goodness for Dan Cloutier eh? :hehe:

That first picture of Bert with the Winged Wheel was just jarring to me. He's got one of those heads that makes it look like his helmet is far too small. I remember how bizarre it was to think of Chelios as a Red Wing. There was an article about how Shanahan just laughed the first time he walked into the dressing room. I think I basically feel the same way now that I did then: he's an S.O.B., but he's our S.O.B.

Caption under picture 4 of the detroit news gallery...notice anything wrong?

Newly acquired Red Wings Todd Bertuzzi and his new teammate Chris Chelios stretch out during practice. While Bertuzzi was with Calgary he and Chelios had some heated exchanges on the ice.

Yeah I noticed that too. It's not like it's a typo, they wrote out Calgary. Someone is fired...

Guest Crymson

IPB Image

The Leftie Liberation Organization formulates its plan for world conquest.

No kidding. Left-handedness is a symptom of slight brain-damage. Why are there so many left-shooters in the NHL, when left-handers make up 10% of the population? Surely they can't all be brain damaged? Even Lidstrom?

Well, maybe they didn't wear helmets as kids..

uhm, to my knowledge left shooters are 90% right handed people.

think about it. whenever a player frees a hand to play the stick one handed, he'll want to have his strong arm controlling it.

think about it. whenever a player frees a hand to play the stick one handed, he'll want to have his strong arm controlling it.

Yeah, but then whenever he shoots the puck, he has his weak arm providing all the power. I never understood why so many right handed players play left handed.

- Houdini

Bingo.

I write, eat, etc. with my right, shoot left. I can tell you my left arm is not nearly as weak (compared to my right), as it is uncoordinated (again compared to my right). Did that make sense? It was really hard to type.

Anyway back to Bertuzzi... I hate waiting to see him play. Could it really be the end of the month before he gets out there? That doesn't leave many games before the playoffs.

Thanks guys! I tell you, I'm so upbeat about having Bert that I don't even care about all the 'yap, yap, yap'ing of the naysayers!

I know, i kept on telling HR40 that we need Bert here he is a force and watching him live is just WOW.. yeah im starting to ignore all the haters too :D

I am not naysaying here, just have a question:

Has Bertuzzi fought anyone since the Moore incident? I am not attacking him, just wondering what that did to his psyche. I could see him being shy about protecting Z and Dats after what happened when he tried to protect Naslund. He still has the skills/grit we need, but I don't know if he still has the desire to get dirty. I think this is a fair question.

Has Bertuzzi fought anyone since the Moore incident? I am not attacking him, just wondering what that did to his psyche. I could see him being shy about protecting Z and Dats after what happened when he tried to protect Naslund. He still has the skills/grit we need, but I don't know if he still has the desire to get dirty. I think this is a fair question.

Yeah.

I know, i kept on telling HR40 that we need Bert here he is a force and watching him live is just WOW.. yeah im starting to ignore all the haters too :D

I can't wait to watch him play on a Red Wing's line. I hate to think that it might be up near a month! Get well soon, Bert!

Yeah, I honestly didn't want anyone at the deadline except him.

This is my only concern as well, we didn't sign him to be a fighter, but if the need presents itself, it'd be nice to see Bert still throw-down if he has to.

:angry:

Mr. Bertuzzi.

As a violently hard-core Wings fan I have only one request of you once you put on the Winged Wheel.

TO DRIVE THE ENEMY BEFORE YOU!!! TO BURN HIS VILLAGES!!! TO HEAR THE LAMENTATION OF HIS WOMEN!!!

Everything else will be gravy.

Thanks in advance.

No kidding. Left-handedness is a symptom of slight brain-damage. Why are there so many left-shooters in the NHL, when left-handers make up 10% of the population? Surely they can't all be brain damaged? Even Lidstrom?

Well, maybe they didn't wear helmets as kids..

Proof?

What does that say about people that are ambidextrous?

Sidenote: It must be very, very slight brain-damage if anything. Some of the most brilliant human beings were left-handed (I.E. Albert Einstein)

I can't wait to watch him play on a Red Wing's line. I hate to think that it might be up near a month! Get well soon, Bert!

Yeah, I honestly didn't want anyone at the deadline except him.

I know i can't wait to hear #44 TODD BERTUZZI

I know i was so pulling for him to be a Wing, and im glad your so positive :thumbup:

Though i may now ask you to pretty please make me a new sig soon :P

Proof?

What does that say about people that are ambidextrous?

Sidenote: It must be very, very slight brain-damage if anything. Some of the most brilliant human beings were left-handed (I.E. Albert Einstein)

It's a THEORY that some left-handedness can be caused by brain damage. Then again, in the dark ages, it was a THEORY that it was caused by sorcery.

I'm left-handed and I shoot right. I can't exactly say why, but that is just what felt comfortable to me.