• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cicada

NHL Opens in Europe

Rate this topic

I know this had been mentioned before but it was confirmed today. The NHL will open the new season with 2 game between the Kings and the Quacks at the O2 Arena on the 29th and 30th September..

booked my tickets today :)

i haven't been to a NHL game since Hartford left the league...is been a while, just a shame the Red Wings couldn't be the Kings opponents. Apparently the Kings are having some of their training camp Europe as well and will play some exhibition games.

I know this had been mentioned before but it was confirmed today. The NHL will open the new season with 2 game between the Kings and the Quacks at the O2 Arena on the 29th and 30th September..

booked my tickets today :)

i haven't been to a NHL game since Hartford left the league...is been a while, just a shame the Red Wings couldn't be the Kings opponents. Apparently the Kings are having some of their training camp Europe as well and will play some exhibition games.

:clap: Awsome. I hope the game will catch on more in Europe. Good idea by the NHL :thumbup:

:clap: Awsome. I hope the game will catch on more in Europe. Good idea by the NHL :thumbup:

Im from Nottingham in England. Im a massive wings fan, but have booked to see the game on the saturday., at the O2 arena

I went to see the Kings in LA 4 years ago :D this a little closer to home.

I think i ll be wearing my #17 Dougie brown 98` jersey :D

I think that it's pretty cool that they are trying this.

But i do think that they need to try and make sure that things are fixed here in North America before they start to play games over seas.

Im from Nottingham in England. Im a massive wings fan, but have booked to see the game on the saturday., at the O2 arena

I went to see the Kings in LA 4 years ago :D this a little closer to home.

I think i ll be wearing my #17 Dougie brown 98` jersey :D

sweet, to bad the Wings weren`t coming over for a game :)

But i do think that they need to try and make sure that things are fixed here in North America before they start to play games over seas.

I totally agree. I see this as a way for Bettman to sell some special edition jerseys.

It figures that two Eastern Conference teams arn't playing, God forbid they leave their time zone.

Edited by viking58

I totally agree. I see this as a way for Bettman to sell some special edition jerseys.

It figures that two Eastern Conference teams arn't playing, God forbid they leave their time zone.

Hahahaha. So true.

I'll be studying abroad next semester, maybe it won't be too expensive to head to England and catch a game :)

Good idea by the NHL :thumbup:

One of the few.

I think that it's pretty cool that they are trying this.

I agree with that, too. Priorities are not in the right order.

or maybe they gave up on North America and are having these games as a precursor to moving all 30 teams over there by 2010 :crazy:

or maybe they gave up on North America and are having these games as a precursor to moving all 30 teams over there by 2010 :crazy:

On the one hand that's insane, on the other hand, it is Bettman.

About the game itself. As a fan sort of stuck in Europe I of course wish they could've picked the Red Wings but above all I wish they could've picked teams with a greater fan base. I don't know about the rest of Europe but in Sweden the Kings and Ducks don't really have the greatest groups of rabid fans.

That they picked London, well that makes sense from a business perspective. And there's a huge group of fans in the traditional hockey markets in Europe that could use a more close-up exposure to the NHL and London is a good spot. Lot's of cheap flights to London from all over.

I hope that they don't plan to make this into a regular thing. I mean, a couple of matches a year and maybe a match between the Cup winner and the European club champs would be nice. Otherwise I want them to focus on more online distribution with easier access to live feeds from games. They do show some live games on TV here in Sweden and while I do like Forsberg I'd prefer to have a greater choice of games to follow. I do try to listen to the radio online and that's fine but if they showed some games online, like they did with the olympics, I'd be so happy. I'd even be willing to pay quite a bit for it.

No matter what though, I'm definitely going to see this game. The SEL has got a lot better in the past few years but...nothing beats the NHL.

Edited by SweWings