14 replies to this topic

#1 JSchlenske

JSchlenske

B.D.S. 53

• PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:31 PM

http://sportsillustr.../content.1.html

Just came across this and found it interesting, figured some of you would enjoy the "idea" of the pictorial not the fact that it is of the Predators preparing against Detroit (and winning).

Wish there was more of this type of stuff ou there.

#2 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,358 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:36 PM

That's pretty freaking awesome.

I wish they'd do this stuff for the Wings!

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#3 Tunbo Batman

Tunbo Batman

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 06:22 PM

ping-pong....now THATS the kind of sport Phorzburgh can practice without getting injured...too badly tongue.gif

#4 Kass

Kass

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 06:27 PM

Sounds like the Flyers suck at ping-pong too.

#5 Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Simpsonized!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(Tunbo Batman @ March 1, 2007 - 05:22PM) View Post

ping-pong....now THATS the kind of sport Phorzburgh can practice without getting injured...too badly tongue.gif

it's a pretty common game in hockey locker rooms.
IPB Image
"The people at first were saying, 'Why is there a team in Nashville?' But when you come here and you see the fans and the excitement, my question would be, "Why would there not be a team in Nashville?" - Yanic Perreault, January 18, 2006

#6 Zetter is Better

Zetter is Better

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(Legionnaire11 @ March 1, 2007 - 07:02PM) View Post

it's a pretty common game in hockey locker rooms.

Yeah, Justin Williams won the Carolina Hurricanes Ping Pong championships. tongue.gif It was on Sportscentre. That soccer game is also really big, where there all in a circle and try too keep the ball up.
IPB Image
>>[DragonForce]<<

#7 JKEITH81

JKEITH81

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:46 PM

I don't know about any of you guys, but any locker room I've ever been in, NO ONE stands on, or walks on the logo in the center of the locker room. Let alone put a ping pong table like in picture 5. I don't know, maybe its just a junior/ college thing. Other than that it was pretty cool to see behind the scenes. I think this is the kind of things the fans want more of.
"Fu#$ing machine took my quarter"

#8 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:34 PM

when the griffins played an exhibition game at the rink where I work, like 8 or 10 players were kicking a soccer ball around. I asked them and they said it was just to get their blood flowing and to get loose.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#9 Jwo

Jwo

Let's go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(JKEITH81 @ March 1, 2007 - 09:46PM) View Post

I don't know about any of you guys, but any locker room I've ever been in, NO ONE stands on, or walks on the logo in the center of the locker room. Let alone put a ping pong table like in picture 5. I don't know, maybe its just a junior/ college thing. Other than that it was pretty cool to see behind the scenes. I think this is the kind of things the fans want more of.

i was just about to comment on that. i belive the wings walk around their logo.

Another one i know is never let your jersey touch the ground.
FireCaptain - "THIS ISN'T DATELINE, BUT WE'RE HERE TO STOP A PREDATOR."
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du,
When I see you Red Wings,
I go out of my head,
I just can't get enough,
I just can't get enough,
All the things you do to me and all the things you said,
I just can't get enough.
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide and we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough of...
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du

#10 Tunbo Batman

Tunbo Batman

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:45 PM

i just felt the need to spell PF's name very badly, while making fun of his...shall we say...fragility? tongue.gif

#11 Zetter is Better

Zetter is Better

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE(Jwo @ March 1, 2007 - 10:55PM) View Post

i was just about to comment on that. i belive the wings walk around their logo.

Whoever steps on the logo has to pay a 10 dollar fine to the Wings charity. Most teams have that law
IPB Image
>>[DragonForce]<<

#12 Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Simpsonized!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:41 AM

Anyone read the Brodeur book? He talks about superstitions. He says he puts his pads on in the same order every time because it's habit and not superstition. And the biggest one, he says that all season and all through the playoffs the team talks about winning the stanley cup. Because superstitions are a trap, you start to believe that they control you, you become afraid of things that aren't real.

I know a lot of successful teams have superstitions like don't walk on the logo and stuff. But I subscribe to Brodeurs line of thinking, you have to believe in yourself and your ability to perform, not something silly like not saying the word Shutout or Stanley Cup. I'd rather have my guys focused on the job, than being afraid of it because they lost their lucky penny.
IPB Image
"The people at first were saying, 'Why is there a team in Nashville?' But when you come here and you see the fans and the excitement, my question would be, "Why would there not be a team in Nashville?" - Yanic Perreault, January 18, 2006

#13 Winged Scooter

Winged Scooter

Future NFL Hall-of-Famer!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(Legionnaire11 @ March 2, 2007 - 10:41AM) View Post

Anyone read the Brodeur book? He talks about superstitions. He says he puts his pads on in the same order every time because it's habit and not superstition. And the biggest one, he says that all season and all through the playoffs the team talks about winning the stanley cup. Because superstitions are a trap, you start to believe that they control you, you become afraid of things that aren't real.

I know a lot of successful teams have superstitions like don't walk on the logo and stuff. But I subscribe to Brodeurs line of thinking, you have to believe in yourself and your ability to perform, not something silly like not saying the word Shutout or Stanley Cup. I'd rather have my guys focused on the job, than being afraid of it because they lost their lucky penny.

Hmmm, that's interesting, but a smart perspective on Broduer's point, no wonder he's one of the best....
"Aw, you cheap sonofab@#$h. Are you crazy? Those guys are RETARDS!!" -- Reggie Dunlop
"I got a good deal on those boys, scout said they showed a lot of promise." -- Joe McGrath
"They brought their F$%&@*# TOYS with them!!" -- RD
"Well, I'd rather have them playing with their toys, than playing with themselves." -- JM

#14 JKEITH81

JKEITH81

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE(Legionnaire11 @ March 2, 2007 - 10:41AM) View Post

That book is a great read. For those of you who haven't read it, its really good, and definately worth the time. I know for me, not stepping on the logo is not a superstition. Its a sign of respect. For my club first and foremost, but also its part of the locker room code. Maybe, like I said its college/ junior hockey thing. But its something the vets let the rooks know from day one.
"Fu#$ing machine took my quarter"

#15 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:12 PM

Cool pics and interesting stuff. I wonder if all teams go that far in their preparation?
"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey