• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JSchlenske

Predators: Behind The Scenes

Rate this topic

Guest Tunbo Batman

ping-pong....now THATS the kind of sport Phorzburgh can practice without getting injured...too badly :P

it's a pretty common game in hockey locker rooms.

Yeah, Justin Williams won the Carolina Hurricanes Ping Pong championships. :P It was on Sportscentre. That soccer game is also really big, where there all in a circle and try too keep the ball up.

I don't know about any of you guys, but any locker room I've ever been in, NO ONE stands on, or walks on the logo in the center of the locker room. Let alone put a ping pong table like in picture 5. I don't know, maybe its just a junior/ college thing. Other than that it was pretty cool to see behind the scenes. I think this is the kind of things the fans want more of.

when the griffins played an exhibition game at the rink where I work, like 8 or 10 players were kicking a soccer ball around. I asked them and they said it was just to get their blood flowing and to get loose.

I don't know about any of you guys, but any locker room I've ever been in, NO ONE stands on, or walks on the logo in the center of the locker room. Let alone put a ping pong table like in picture 5. I don't know, maybe its just a junior/ college thing. Other than that it was pretty cool to see behind the scenes. I think this is the kind of things the fans want more of.

i was just about to comment on that. i belive the wings walk around their logo.

Another one i know is never let your jersey touch the ground.

Guest Tunbo Batman

i just felt the need to spell PF's name very badly, while making fun of his...shall we say...fragility? :P

Anyone read the Brodeur book? He talks about superstitions. He says he puts his pads on in the same order every time because it's habit and not superstition. And the biggest one, he says that all season and all through the playoffs the team talks about winning the stanley cup. Because superstitions are a trap, you start to believe that they control you, you become afraid of things that aren't real.

I know a lot of successful teams have superstitions like don't walk on the logo and stuff. But I subscribe to Brodeurs line of thinking, you have to believe in yourself and your ability to perform, not something silly like not saying the word Shutout or Stanley Cup. I'd rather have my guys focused on the job, than being afraid of it because they lost their lucky penny.

Anyone read the Brodeur book? He talks about superstitions. He says he puts his pads on in the same order every time because it's habit and not superstition. And the biggest one, he says that all season and all through the playoffs the team talks about winning the stanley cup. Because superstitions are a trap, you start to believe that they control you, you become afraid of things that aren't real.

I know a lot of successful teams have superstitions like don't walk on the logo and stuff. But I subscribe to Brodeurs line of thinking, you have to believe in yourself and your ability to perform, not something silly like not saying the word Shutout or Stanley Cup. I'd rather have my guys focused on the job, than being afraid of it because they lost their lucky penny.

Hmmm, that's interesting, but a smart perspective on Broduer's point, no wonder he's one of the best....

That book is a great read. For those of you who haven't read it, its really good, and definately worth the time. I know for me, not stepping on the logo is not a superstition. Its a sign of respect. For my club first and foremost, but also its part of the locker room code. Maybe, like I said its college/ junior hockey thing. But its something the vets let the rooks know from day one.