• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorLidstrom5

Mirror image of last season's record?

Rate this topic

It would be quite a feat to pull off with 4 games against Nashville but our record now is 40-16-8 with 18 games remaining. Last year's record was 58-16-8, exactly 18 wins more than our current record. I believe it can be done but with our team leading scorer Hank out, it would be amazing. Just thought that was kind of weird...

Guest Crymson

It would be quite a feat to pull off with 4 games against Nashville but our record now is 40-16-8 with 18 games remaining. Last year's record was 58-16-8, exactly 18 wins more than our current record. I believe it can be done but with our team leading scorer Hank out, it would be amazing. Just thought that was kind of weird...

Well, the team last year went 17-1-3 in the last 21 games. That was almost unheard of. Combined with Hasek's injury, it got us the President's Trophy.

Guest Crymson

Yeah, I hope they can do it again. Although I do not wish for a first round exit <_<

Those two tags are hardly joined at the hip.

Edited by Crymson

You honestly think it can be done? I know it is not impossible, but based on the numbers you are showing here (I haven't tried to verify the accuracy), wouldn't it require the Wings to 18-0 for the rest of the year? Have the Wings ever won 18 games in a row? My gut tells me that they haven't since the NHL record is 17 consecutive wins. :P

You honestly think it can be done? I know it is not impossible, but based on the numbers you are showing here (I haven't tried to verify the accuracy), wouldn't it require the Wings to 18-0 for the rest of the year? Have the Wings ever won 18 games in a row? My gut tells me that they haven't since the NHL record is 17 consecutive wins. :P

The longest win streak for the Wings is 9 (on several occasions). They have had longer unbeaten streaks but always have gotten hung up on 9 in a row.

with Hasek, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Samuelsson and whoever the hell next injured, i don't exactly like our chances of 18 consecutive wins...