• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank

Why I Wish The Wings Got Belfour Instead of Hasek

Rate this topic

What controversial stuff has Hasek done this year? NONE. All he's done is keep his mouth shut while putting up one good performance after another. Meanwhile, Belfour has been in bar fights and gotten his goaltending party injured. That's high comedy. You can't buy that kind of newspaper fodder. Time to pick up your game Hasek! There's only a few weeks left till playoffs!

Guest Crymson

What controversial stuff has Hasek done this year? NONE. All he's done is keep his mouth shut while putting up one good performance after another. Meanwhile, Belfour has been in bar fights and gotten his goaltending party injured. That's high comedy. You can't buy that kind of newspaper fodder. Time to pick up your game Hasek! There's only a few weeks left till playoffs!

LOL. You know, I just made a similar joke about Belfour--that we should have picked him up *vomits*-- in the thread on Hasek.

I always get a kick out of this one:

" FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- No amount of money, it seemed, could keep Dallas Stars goaltender Ed Belfour out of jail.

The goalie first offered Dallas police officers $100,000, then $1 billion, if they would not jail him on charges in connection with a scuffle earlier this month at a fashionable hotel.

Following his arrest, he continued to be uncooperative - placing his cowboy boots on the squad car's radio console despite police orders to sit up and place his feet on the floor, according to the affidavit. It stated Belfour then vomited across his chest."

Stanley Cup fever, I guess.

Edited by Crymson

Dominik wants to play hockey more than anything else, and he's set out to prove it. He's been a model citizen this season, on and off the ice, so no one can find anything to criticize. I can't imagine what anyone could find to gripe about where Dom is concerned this season. What amazes me is folks who still harp on his potential for injury. With the prep and dedication Dom has put in this season to be at his best and to guard against injury, I'd say the odds of his going down injured are no worse or different than any other player on the team.

Living here in Stars Land and knowing how Eddie behaved in Dallas, I wasn't surprised when they cut ties with him. The Turtle Creek Billion $$ Bribe debacle was amongst the last straws, I guess. With Turco chomping at the bit to be #1, it turned out to not be such a bad decision for the Stars.

Just a point of clarification: The 1999 Stanley Cup was awarded to the Stars by the NHL and Gary Bettman, not won legitimately. No Goal! :P

And no, I'll never get over it. ;)

LOL. You know, I just made a similar joke about Belfour--that we should have picked him up *vomits*-- in the thread on Hasek.

I always get a kick out of this one:

" FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- No amount of money, it seemed, could keep Dallas Stars goaltender Ed Belfour out of jail.

The goalie first offered Dallas police officers $100,000, then $1 billion, if they would not jail him on charges in connection with a scuffle earlier this month at a fashionable hotel.

Following his arrest, he continued to be uncooperative - placing his cowboy boots on the squad car's radio console despite police orders to sit up and place his feet on the floor, according to the affidavit. It stated Belfour then vomited across his chest."

Stanley Cup fever, I guess.

LOL, yeah that was great.

My favourite Belfour moment was when he was playing for Team Canada in the 2002 Olympics. After Canada won the Cup all the players went on the ice to celebrate and get medals. Belfour was the 3rd man out so he came out sans equipment and only his jersey. Well it sure looked to me that he had a pair of jogging pants on, a 5 day old beared/stubble and his eyes looked very glazed over. I think everyone knows that he was boozing during that last game.

Another one of my favourite Belfour stories is when he was 15 and playing Junior Tier II he and his coach were driving together for a road game in the States. When they get to customs they answer all the proper questions and are quickly ushered into the US. But as soon as they started driving away, Belfour, with his window down, yells out "Haha, Those idiots didn't find our drugs!". He did it as a total joke (they didn't have any drugs on them) but they were quickly stopped by customs agents and had their entire car dismantled down to the last nut and bolt.

They didn't make their game.

I can't believe I hadn't heard the story about Belfour and the jr team "drug" incident. :P

I seem to remember more than once in Dallas when Eddie was a mess and tried to play anyway, and the Stars PR would say he had the sniffles and hit the "NyQuil" too hard before the game. Um. Yeah, right! :D

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

You got to be kidding. f*** Belfour. I would rather have Jimmy Howard already be our starter, then having s***ty eddie the eagle. Man I couldn't disagree with you more.

You got to be kidding. f*** Belfour. I would rather have Jimmy Howard already be our starter, then having s***ty eddie the eagle. Man I couldn't disagree with you more.

the thread title is meant to be sarcastic. In other words, he's kidding... :cool:

the thread title is meant to be sarcastic. In other words, he's kidding... :cool:

haha, loo... I don't think that guy reads the whole posts. He went in on NFM and Wildwings yesterday and was like, "I can't believe you think your autograph is worth anything! Man!"

Or at least... that is what I would hope. Otherwise all his friends will never crack one around him and then he'll never have any.

I CANNOT believe that someone actually thought this thread was serious !!! I knew it had to be something funny when I read the title. Geez , get a clue ! :rolleyes:

On a sidenote: Would you want Pyscho Eddie for a drinking buddy? :crazy:

I CANNOT believe that someone actually thought this thread was serious !!! I knew it had to be something funny when I read the title. Geez , get a clue ! :rolleyes:

On a sidenote: Would you want Pyscho Eddie for a drinking buddy? :crazy:

The answer: Yes and yes.

Eddie knows all the bars in downtown Chitown, and therefore would be a valuable asset in any true St. Patty's day trolly ride then barhop. Someone would need to be assigned to keep him in check for the majority of the night, but if worse comes to worse, he can be knocked out and left in the corner of Smitty's with a few ounces, all to inspire another story in the news just like this. ;)

Edited by Flip-check

Eddie knows all the bars in downtown Chitown, and therefore would be a valuable asset in any true St. Patty's day trolly ride then barhop. Someone would need to be assigned to keep him in check for the majority of the night, but if worse comes to worse, he can be knocked out and left in the corner of Smitty's with a few ounces, all to inspire another story in the news just like this. ;)

Having Eddie know all the good bars is a great point, and the potential for laughs is definitely there too, I would just have to worry about owing the local police force a BILLION DOLLARS at the end of the night! :lol:

Oh man! Crazy Eddie would be the PERFECT drinking buddy on St.Patty's day. Can you imagine?

P.S. Has anyone seen those pics of a drunken Eddie being taken advantage of in a Toronto bar? He was basically passed out (or very close ot unconscienceness) and all these people were pilling into the booth he was sitting at getting photos taken with him. It looked like a scene from 'Weekend at Bernies'. Too funny.

I'll try to find them.

In the meantime enjoy this golden drunken moment from the Billion Dollar man:

IPB Image

Oh man! Crazy Eddie would be the PERFECT drinking buddy on St.Patty's day. Can you imagine?

P.S. Has anyone seen those pics of a drunken Eddie being taken advantage of in a Toronto bar? He was basically passed out (or very close ot unconscienceness) and all these people were pilling into the booth he was sitting at getting photos taken with him. It looked like a scene from 'Weekend at Bernies'. Too funny.

I'll try to find them.

In the meantime enjoy this golden drunken moment from the Billion Dollar man:

IPB Image

Who's the guy all the way on the right? :wub:

Before the season started I wish we didn't have either Belfour or Hasek.

However, I wish that I also was a multi-millionair and was able to hang out at the Playboy Mansion all the time. But I am not that and cannot afford to hang out with women in bathing suits every day.

C'est la vie I guess, it's still good anyways.....