#21 wingsfan979802

wingsfan979802

cheli fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(wingslogo19 @ March 2, 2007 - 01:38PM) View Post

caution.gif

wow, i have to do this again? hold on... o.k. back.
i thought this was for real when i read the title. untill i read what you posted (twice tongue.gif), to understand you were kidding
IPB Image
IPB Image
thanks offsides

#22 Hank

Hank

60% of the time it works everytime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(Flip-check @ March 2, 2007 - 04:40PM) View Post

The answer: Yes and yes.

Eddie knows all the bars in downtown Chitown, and therefore would be a valuable asset in any true St. Patty's day trolly ride then barhop. Someone would need to be assigned to keep him in check for the majority of the night, but if worse comes to worse, he can be knocked out and left in the corner of Smitty's with a few ounces, all to inspire another story in the news just like this. wink.gif

Oh man! Crazy Eddie would be the PERFECT drinking buddy on St.Patty's day. Can you imagine?

P.S. Has anyone seen those pics of a drunken Eddie being taken advantage of in a Toronto bar? He was basically passed out (or very close ot unconscienceness) and all these people were pilling into the booth he was sitting at getting photos taken with him. It looked like a scene from 'Weekend at Bernies'. Too funny.

I'll try to find them.
In the meantime enjoy this golden drunken moment from the Billion Dollar man:

IPB Image

#23 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(Hank @ March 2, 2007 - 04:50PM) View Post

Oh man! Crazy Eddie would be the PERFECT drinking buddy on St.Patty's day. Can you imagine?

P.S. Has anyone seen those pics of a drunken Eddie being taken advantage of in a Toronto bar? He was basically passed out (or very close ot unconscienceness) and all these people were pilling into the booth he was sitting at getting photos taken with him. It looked like a scene from 'Weekend at Bernies'. Too funny.

I'll try to find them.
In the meantime enjoy this golden drunken moment from the Billion Dollar man:

IPB Image

Who's the guy all the way on the right? wub.gif

#24 shadow47

shadow47

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:46 PM

More importantly, who's the 15-year-old hanging on TD?
Golman Dominik Hašek povede Eaton HC Pardubice na ligový titul 2009/2010!

#25 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

Before the season started I wish we didn't have either Belfour or Hasek.

However, I wish that I also was a multi-millionair and was able to hang out at the Playboy Mansion all the time. But I am not that and cannot afford to hang out with women in bathing suits every day.

C'est la vie I guess, it's still good anyways.....

#26 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(puckloo39 @ March 2, 2007 - 01:15PM) View Post

Just a point of clarification: The 1999 Stanley Cup was awarded to the Stars by the NHL and Gary Bettman, not won legitimately. No Goal! tongue.gif

The crease rule, as amended early 1999, would disagree.

Due to a high number of breakaway goals being disallowed due to crease infractions, an amendment was made to the crease rule that stated something to the effect of if a player enters the crease legally and gains control of the puck, a goal scored while that player is in the crease shall stand even if the puck leaves the crease before entering the net, so long as that player maintains possession the entire time the puck is outside the crease.

The puck entered the crease. Hull followed, gained possession, and scored. Good goal. Had it been scored in November, it would have been disallowed.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#27 shadow47

shadow47

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ March 2, 2007 - 06:02PM) View Post

The crease rule, as amended early 1999, would disagree.

Due to a high number of breakaway goals being disallowed due to crease infractions, an amendment was made to the crease rule that stated something to the effect of if a player enters the crease legally and gains control of the puck, a goal scored while that player is in the crease shall stand even if the puck leaves the crease before entering the net, so long as that player maintains possession the entire time the puck is outside the crease.

The puck entered the crease. Hull followed, gained possession, and scored. Good goal. Had it been scored in November, it would have been disallowed.

I think what is arguable is whether he MAINTAINED possession before shooting. Does someone have to take the puck away from you for possession to be ended? A good comparison would be the offside rule, i.e. being able to precede the puck into the zone as long as you have control/possession. Players get whistled all the time as not having control/possession for showing more than Hull had at the time before the second shot. That is why the goal shouldn't have counted, and why the rule was hurriedly changed that offseason.
Golman Dominik Hašek povede Eaton HC Pardubice na ligový titul 2009/2010!

#28 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(shadow47 @ March 2, 2007 - 10:50PM) View Post

I think what is arguable is whether he MAINTAINED possession before shooting. Does someone have to take the puck away from you for possession to be ended? A good comparison would be the offside rule, i.e. being able to precede the puck into the zone as long as you have control/possession. Players get whistled all the time as not having control/possession for showing more than Hull had at the time before the second shot. That is why the goal shouldn't have counted, and why the rule was hurriedly changed that offseason.

And ultimately, possession is the discretion of the on ice official, who ruled Hull maintained possession.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#29 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,457 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ March 2, 2007 - 09:55PM) View Post

And ultimately, possession is the discretion of the on ice official, who ruled Hull maintained possession.

Officials make mistakes. This was a big one. dry.gif

QUOTE(shadow47 @ March 2, 2007 - 09:50PM) View Post

And you are exactly correct. It was the quicky rule change that told me all I needed to know... aside from the fact that I was watching the game and saw it for myself. I can still see it... crazy.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#30 unkempt

unkempt

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ March 3, 2007 - 04:55AM) View Post

The officials did not rule anything, right after the whistle the entire Stars team and who not jumped onto the ice celebrating and they did not have the balls to rule against it.
official #1 scared.gif
official #2 scared.gif
"There are very few monsters who warrant the fear we have of them."