• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

so the next generation of Wings and Avs will immerse

Rate this topic

Every form of NHL says the same thing when the Wings and Av's meet: The two teams will look to "renew" their rivalry. Why do they say that? Do people not see that there is no rivalry anymore, and hasn't been one for almost 5 years? I'm getting so tired of seeing this.

The only COL/DET related rivalry anyone's set to experience anytime soon is "white, rye, or wheat" for their toast on Sunday morning. Seriously, yo.

Also... I'm sorry... I dig the legend of the Stastny name and the new generation of the clan in the NHL.. but Peter sir, your son who plays for the Avs, Paul, still looks like he's yet to break out of midgets. Please insist he grow a beard or get a scar on his face.

This is so sad. Rivalry can't be built up outside the rink. It's a result of physical playing, fights, the occasional cheap shot and harsh words. It's the result of players giving it their all because they can't stand to see the other team win. And while this is true with most match-ups, not a lot have had the history of bad blood that the Wings-Avs one used to have. But almost none of the players are left that were part of the original rivalry and it's not easy to focus something like this without familiar faces.

We can only hope that something develops with Nashville :D.

Toronto and Detroit is the best rivalry, but unfortunately it's dissipated as well given the lack of games between the two. Hopefully when Detroit moves to the East it will resume.

Maybe 'Tuzzi can show up wearing a Moore jersey like a diaper (ala Larry Flint) and we can all call it a day.

Good job by the NHL to hype up a game <_< Do they do this for all 15 games the Wings play the Avs this season <_< (yes, a shot at the schedule). Unless Bertuzzi breaks another neck, the rivalry won`t heat up anytime soon.

Wait, better yet, a Patty Roy jersey. ;)

Maybe 'Tuzzi can show up wearing a Moore jersey like a diaper (ala Larry Flint) and we can all call it a day.

Wait, better yet, a Patty Roy jersey. ;)

judging by your sig and the fact its a Friday night, I guess your post makes perfect sense :P:lol:

Unfortunately.. no.

At work at the fire station tonight, so no little green friends for me.

judging by your sig and the fact its a Friday night, I guess your post makes perfect sense :P:lol:

wait, does that mean I make no sense? ahhhh, my world is blown.

Edited by FireCaptain

Guest Tunbo Batman

okay okay all you venerable old timers, stop it.

i dont agree at all that a rivalry is built mainly on "physical play" and that you have to "hate" the other guys. competition for first place/championships is perfectly fine. and maybe you don't want to hear it, but it IS true the Avs will be great again soon. you can't deny all their upcoming talent. lets see what happens in the next few years if they cross again in the spring?

Also, Holland praising them only means hes a gentleman. Its too easy to diss on the opposition; he sees good in them.

Toronto and Detroit is the best rivalry, but unfortunately it's dissipated as well given the lack of games between the two. Hopefully when Detroit moves to the East it will resume.

They've got a small rivalry up in Alberta the trumps them all.

okay okay all you venerable old timers, stop it.

i dont agree at all that a rivalry is built mainly on "physical play" and that you have to "hate" the other guys. competition for first place/championships is perfectly fine. and maybe you don't want to hear it, but it IS true the Avs will be great again soon. you can't deny all their upcoming talent. lets see what happens in the next few years if they cross again in the spring?

Also, Holland praising them only means hes a gentleman. Its too easy to diss on the opposition; he sees good in them.

Come on Tunbo, this is too many posts recently where i AGREE with you.

A rivalry doesn't have to be made because of a cheap shot, or someone getting mugged. It can be born of hard fought games, most of all, rivalries are born from playing several meaningful games against one opponent. Like teams battling for a division or conference title, and teams who meet up often in the playoffs. The physical play can accelerate a rivalry, but it isn't necessary to create one. Though, when two teams meet so many times in important games, there are bound to be some cheap shots, fights, etc.

Guest Tunbo Batman

rivalries are born from playing several meaningful games against one opponent. Like teams battling for a division or conference title,

do you have any specific example in mind? :P