• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
King Henrik40

Calder fitting right in

Rate this topic

Well I'll admit it I really wasn’t to happy about the Williams Calder trade but now I think that he'll fit right in here with the wings, having gotten a goal and two assists in his first two games. He really must have been having a poor year over there on the worst team in the league (Philly).

Guest Crymson

Well I'll admit it I really wasn’t to happy about the Williams Calder trade but now I think that he'll fit right in here with the wings, having gotten a goal and two assists in his first two games. He really must have been having a poor year over there on the worst team in the league (Philly).

I REALLY like the guy's play in the last two games. He's tough.

Yeah. I definitely have been impressed by Calder. He has like 3 points in two games. I definitely didn't expect that much this soon. He has gelled really well with Lang and Franzen.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

Guest Crymson

Yeah. I definitely have been impressed by Calder. He has like 3 points in two games. I definitely didn't expect that much this soon. He has gelled really well with Lang and Franzen.

Well, at this rate he'll surely win the Hart Trophy, and maybe the Bud Light award as well :cool:

Yeah, the Calder-Lang-Franzen line looked good tonight. Makes me wonder if Babcock will want to break it up when Bertuzzi returns. Then again, that line could go cold by the time of Todd's return.

I absolutely love him. So much that he's probaly already one of my faves. Seriously. He's brings a lot to the Wings. He's really fantastic along the boards, strong as heck on the puck, good on the pk AND pp and really knows how to cycle the puck and doesn't give up on plays. Really tough fella as well.

He was awesome 2 years ago on a s***ty Hawks team. He will be great here.

wingsfan40, HockeyCrazy, Arice, I love your guys new Avatars!!!

Bert is a Badass!!

Guest MrSandMan

I'm very pleased. It's really nice to see someone play with some urgency on our 2nd line for once.

I wasn't sad to see williams go... just wish Holland could have thrown Lang in the deal, just for good measure.

EDIT: Lets not forget about our boys, Fillupa and Ellis... I'm really excited about these kids. That, my friends, are the future!

Edited by MrSandMan

I haven't seen him play yet, but is he physical at all?

I wouldn't call him physical in the sense that he's a big hitter. He's gritty. He's not afraid to go into the corners or into a crowd; he's willing to pay the price.

Guest MrSandMan

I wouldn't call him physical in the sense that he's a big hitter. He's gritty. He's not afraid to go into the corners or into a crowd; he's willing to pay the price.

..and he works hard and refuses to give up on the puck.

Seems to be a pretty good skater too, strong on his feet.

No, I don't believe that someone on these message boards thought they knew more about hockey then Ken Holland.

I won't believe it. :rolleyes:

You got to have faith. Also it helps to watch teams besides the Wings play every once in a while...

The impressive thing is that he is lost right now. You can tell how he is out there just playing, not being in perfect position and being a little unsure on where everyone is on the ice. He is out there just working hard and giving it all. This is why he is doing well now, and the fact that he fits our cast more then Williams is why he is going to be good down the road.

I got a feeling we will resign him too.

Im glad so many other people are seeing waht im seeing. I didnt like the trade. I like williams (despite all the crap that you guys are now going to be throwing my way for admitting it) he was struggling this year though. Although others may say that this year is how he always plays and that last years performace was a fluke, however you slice it, i liked him in a wings jersey and was kind of upset that we traded him for calder. I never followed calder, i knew of him and everything, just never followed his stats or anything. So when i looked and compared stats of him and williams once the trade was made i was really upset because williams had one more point than him this year thus far. Now one point inst a big deal, but i also factored in the month or so that williams missed. A guy who missed a month has more stats than this guy that has played the entire year? That made me iffy. But obviously it was the fact that he was stuck in a flyers jersey that was killing his stats. He brings much more to the team than williams did. Grit, speed, determination, never gives up on a play. Now he doesnt play the point, but then again neither could williams (haha) I think hes ganna have a great run with the wings this year, and depending how he performs in the playoffs we will see if we should sign him next year. Hes gotta change his number though because all i think about is dougie brown when i see 17 (and yes i know hull wore 17 too but i saw brown when hull wore it too)

Come playoff time he's going to be even more valuable and on a side note Williams seems to be doing alright with Chicago too, both teams are benefitting well from this 3 way trade. Granted I had extremely vivid nightmarish flashbacks when Williams was playing the point on Chicago's powerplay and he was frozen solid in his tracks when forced to play D against Datsyuk.

Come playoff time he's going to be even more valuable and on a side note Williams seems to be doing alright with Chicago too, both teams are benefitting well from this 3 way trade. Granted I had extremely vivid nightmarish flashbacks when Williams was playing the point on Chicago's powerplay and he was frozen solid in his tracks when forced to play D against Datsyuk.

That's funny, I was thinking the exact same thing when Dats was coming down on him and walked right around him, lol. Well Chicago can deal with that nightmare now... I wonder how long it will take before they realize his "big" shot on the point isn't worth the shortys he causes out there. I think just not having that guy on the point is going to give us a win in the first round this year. On an unrelated matter... when will Kronwall stop trying to pass through the opposition in our own end? This has gotta change if he wants to become an elite D'man... can't Lids train this guy right?

The impressive thing is that he is lost right now. You can tell how he is out there just playing, not being in perfect position and being a little unsure on where everyone is on the ice. He is out there just working hard and giving it all.

:thumbup: That's an exellent point my man. It sure is nice to have a player that isn't a clone of another player on the team too. :)

I got a feeling we will resign him too.

If all goes well, which I think it will because of his potential, I am down with that.

:thumbup: That's an exellent point my man. It sure is nice to have a player that isn't a clone of another player on the team too. :)

If all goes well, which I think it will because of his potential, I am down with that.

:blink:

I think this is the first time I ever have been complimented on this site.

I thank you for that, I'll try to keep making equally good points. As I have been doing for a couple of years here, although very sparingly. :hehe:

Yeah, he likes to take it to the front of the net from behind the goal line or from the corners. No one else on the team seems to willing to take such a direct route.

You both beat me to it. I couldn't believe he carried the puck to the front of the net last night. I can't remember the last time I saw a Red Wing do that.

Great pick-up, Kenny. I'm not sad to see Jason go, but I am happy to see him getting lots of ice time for the Hawks. He'll have plenty of opportunity to succeed there as one of the better players.

The biggest thing that impressed me last night about him was how tenacious he was on the puck nomatter where it was...where so many of our guys just tend to let things go, he just kept on pushing and kept the play alive. He was a lot of fun to watch in last nights game and hopefully he continues to get better as he gets more comfortable. His hard play will be a huge for us in the playoffs.

He was awesome 2 years ago on a s***ty Hawks team. He will be great here.

wingsfan40, HockeyCrazy, Arice, I love your guys new Avatars!!!

Bert is a Badass!!

I hope he can add what our team needs :cool:

I have always liked Calder. He's a tough girtty forward. Last night (in detroit against chicago) his line with Lang, and the Grand Rapids line where awesome. Couldn't believe the speed, and the grit that was being produced by these two lines. Calder is an awesome acquisition that has been over shadowed by the Bertuzzi trade (IMO). The true tests are coming for Calder on Sunday and Tuesday. I can't wait to smash those punk a$$ b!tches in Nashville. Oh, on a side note Filppula looks pretty good with Datsyuk, and Franzen just looks possessed!