Photo
- - - - -

Filppula gets a major complement, Wings get insulted.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:16 PM

Weblog says...
The Griffins apprently think the Wings trend of dropping out early is cause enough to put Filppula on their playoff roster.

All this means that if we do not win a cup and fall out, Val gets to keep on playing down in GR.

I hate to be rude, but I think the Wings have a much better chance of going deep then the Griffins do. Let us hope anyways.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#2 KronwallCRUNCH

KronwallCRUNCH

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:21 PM

How is that an insult to the Wings? It's a smart move for the Griffins, that's all.

#3 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:27 PM

It's nothing next to Yahoo! having the gall to give Calder #19. This trespass will be forgotten; the other will live on in infamy.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#4 Cicada

Cicada

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:28 PM

theres no way the griffins didn't do that in consultation with the wings
IPB Image

#5 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(Cicada @ March 3, 2007 - 01:28PM) View Post

theres no way the griffins didn't do that in consultation with the wings

Oh no doubt, I suspect it was Holland's call actually. It just is funny for anyone to make such a move as it IMPLIES that the Wings will be outlasted by their farm club.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#6 KronwallCRUNCH

KronwallCRUNCH

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(Majsheppard @ March 3, 2007 - 01:32PM) View Post

Oh no doubt, I suspect it was Holland's call actually. It just is funny for anyone to make such a move as it IMPLIES that the Wings will be outlasted by their farm club.

What are you talking about?? This move IMPLIES NOTHING. The Griffins aren't going to bank on Detroit going on a long cup run, especially when it involves having/not having a stud player for their own run. This has nothing to do with Detroit.

#7 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE(Majsheppard @ March 3, 2007 - 01:32PM) View Post

What are you talking about?

Does having car insurance imply that I'm a bad driver?
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#8 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:12 PM

If the playoffs started today, would the Griffins even be in it? Last time I checked, they were out.

#9 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(ARice89 @ March 3, 2007 - 01:37PM) View Post

What are you talking about?

Does having car insurance imply that I'm a bad driver?

No, it implies that there are bad drivers and bad luck is very real. Also it implies that there is legal racketeering, but that is another story.

I don't know why no one can see the humor in this? It is with a great deal of complements that they would sacrifice a roster spot for someone that may or may not be available to play.

Besides, I am just the relaying the story.

#10 TaP

TaP

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:32 PM

I assume this means that Flip can play only if the wings are out of the playoffs early...? I would think this is a good idea as Flip seems to be the best guy avalialbe for the GR roster...wouldn't you want him 'just in case' the wings drop out early? - It is really only playoff spot.

Look at it as if Zetterberg was injured for another 2 weeks into the playoffs....we're going to save him a spot just like the Grifs are going to save Flip his spot.