• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsownNHL

Bring up Bootland

Rate this topic

If they haven't brought up Bootland the last three years, why would they bring him up now?! Also, I don't believe any teams inquired about him during the trade deadline.

Nobody even inquired about claiming him off of waivers before the season started. That's how terrible he is.

Guest micah
Probert vs Norton - ummm...next!

Kocur vs Bertuzzi - Steve Moore wouldnt be sending Bert any get well cards...thats for sure!

McRae vs Bootland -

Brad Norton and Bob Probert DID fight, it was Norton's rookie year and Probie's last year, maybe even his last fight. I scored it as a win for Norton. I recall Norton getting edged by (almost) 5'10 180lb PJ Stock the same year. Probert was absolutely a wrecking ball at times, but he DID lose fights. Kocur v. Burtuzi wouold likely be a yawnfest like most of Kocur's fights, I love him, but he was flat booring in the 90% of fights where he wasn't KOing guys. Bert is strong enough to not let Kocur get his cannon free if he doesn't want him to. McRae v. Bootland is the only scrap here that would likely be a bloodbath, Basil would mop the ice w/Bootland.

the point isn't that we need to have the best fighter in the league - we don't. we need someone willing to be a man and stand up for his teamates, we do not have that today. Bootland sucks, but he is willing to dio a job that nobody else on the team will do, that alone makes him worth bringing up - though of course I would rather see a better fighter than him, I'll take a man willing to fight and lose with heart as a 13th forward any day of the week over what we have today.

Brad Norton and Bob Probert DID fight, it was Norton's rookie year and Probie's last year, maybe even his last fight. I scored it as a win for Norton. I recall Norton getting edged by (almost) 5'10 180lb PJ Stock the same year. Probert was absolutely a wrecking ball at times, but he DID lose fights. Kocur v. Burtuzi wouold likely be a yawnfest like most of Kocur's fights, I love him, but he was flat booring in the 90% of fights where he wasn't KOing guys. Bert is strong enough to not let Kocur get his cannon free if he doesn't want him to. McRae v. Bootland is the only scrap here that would likely be a bloodbath, Basil would mop the ice w/Bootland.

the point isn't that we need to have the best fighter in the league - we don't. we need someone willing to be a man and stand up for his teamates, we do not have that today. Bootland sucks, but he is willing to dio a job that nobody else on the team will do, that alone makes him worth bringing up - though of course I would rather see a better fighter than him, I'll take a man willing to fight and lose with heart as a 13th forward any day of the week over what we have today.

Exactly. Ive wanted Bootland up for the simple fact these guys we have up now are crap. Its not that i think he's good or im a big fan. He's whats there so that makes him the guy. I mean really, what the hell purpose is there having a Langfeld or Hussey in the lineup? They do NOTHING!

My point about the fight comparison was mainly who the tougher line would be. And we both know thats BY A MILE the old Probert line. Probert just wasnt all that great in his final years with Chicago...i wouldnt be surprised if Norton edged him or got a draw. But i was deciding that fight as Probert on the Wings in his prime.

I've always been a Booter fan and never understood why he gets trashed like he does. The guy is a decent player. He's not the best skater, nor is he one to chip in with goals , but he's gritty, tough, sticks up for his teammates, and is willing to drop the gloves anytime. That in itself to me is great. Wings should have him around more often. At least for the excitement factor!

Edited by hockeycrazy3033