• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Crashnburnluder

Kronwall

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Hey... this was probaly already stated.... but I was curious why Kronwall is wearing a cage... im guessing some injury to the face... but if some one would clue me in that would be great.... Thank you

Langabeer

Laceration of the nose. He's had it since Jan 21.

I think he must really like that cage i would think it would be healed by now

I assume its cuz "better safe than sorry". And some facial injuries - while not critical - take a long time to heal. I'd rather not risk splittin my face up again if I could prevent it. I assume it'll be gone in a few weeks.

I assume its cuz "better safe than sorry". And some facial injuries - while not critical - take a long time to heal. I'd rather not risk splittin my face up again if I could prevent it. I assume it'll be gone in a few weeks.

yes that true...he maybe also feels he plays better with it on or something like that lol...he did get his first goal with it on

I hate svatos , Kronwall hits him , and what does Svatos do , kick him in the face

Do you really know that for sure? It was probably an accident. If Svatos really would have kicked him on purpose, a for sure suspension would have been handed out.

Guest MrSandMan

Hey... this was probaly already stated.... but I was curious why Kronvall is wearing a cage... im guessing some injury to the face... but if some one would clue me in that would be great.... Thank you

Langabeer

Fixed! :D

Edited by MrSandMan

Fixed! :D

Umm...I'm not sure if you've ever seen a KronWall jersey before.

Word,

LDi03

Do you really know that for sure? It was probably an accident. If Svatos really would have kicked him on purpose, a for sure suspension would have been handed out.

Pretty sure he was joking.

Sure the jerseys say Kronwall, but in Sweden it's actually Kronvall. The NHL spells it Kronwall because of some flaw with his passport. He prefers the actual spelling, though.

To Langabeer (or whatever): Where have you been? :P

I believe NHLers aren't allowed to wear cages or ITECHs for non-injury-related reasons. I think the laceration took 20-plus stiches to close, that's a pretty serious injury that can probably be aggravated pretty easily, especially when you're a hard-hitting defenseman.

Sure the jerseys say Kronwall, but in Sweden it's actually Kronvall. The NHL spells it Kronwall because of some flaw with his passport. He prefers the actual spelling, though.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but why would a flaw with his passport impact how his name is spelled on his jersey? Does the NHL have a rule that the name on your jersey has to match the name on your passport? Also, I guess his brother Steffan must have the same passport flaw.

The other issue I struggle with is the fact that his name has been spelled Kronwall on the back of his Swedish jerseys even before he was drafted in the NHL.

I thought it was the oppisite... I thought that last night during the game they said that the actual correct spelling of his name is Kronwall with a W... and what happened was a misspelling on either his passports or some sort of from that came over to the NHL that had the spelling incorrect with a V and that was what was put into the NHL Database.... and it hasnt been fixed yet....

and to Earthhuman... haha Ive just been down in Va Playing some hockey... have been able to post a lot lately.... Im going to do my best to be on here more... This is one of the very few ways to keep up with whats going on ... Down in lynchburg, Va we dont get much hockey...

Langabeer

his name is KronWall, not Kronvall. The error was in his travel visa when he came over from Sweden, they misspelled his name. Therefor the nhl was forced to use the name on the visa, which was Kronvall. But rest assured his name is spelled, and pronounced with a W.

i didnt know it was because of that, thats insane, when i went two hour to philly to see the wings play (dont ask me about it :angry: ) some philly fan was cracking at kronwall calling him all kinds of ugly things cause he wore the cage, i wonder what he would do if i took a skate to his face muahahaha :ph34r:

his name is KronWall, not Kronvall. The error was in his travel visa when he came over from Sweden, they misspelled his name. Therefor the nhl was forced to use the name on the visa, which was Kronvall. But rest assured his name is spelled, and pronounced with a W.

Yep exactley. Those idiots on Versus was talkin about it during the Colorado game.