• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agalloch

Have you met any current/former Red Wings? If so...

Rate this topic

Today, I was at Troy Sports Center, and in the lockerroom for dropin, I realized I left some of my player gear in the truck. So just as I'm walking out, someone was walking in. I look up, and say "Hey.", you know, in a greetful manner. He said "Hey." back, and we both went our seperate ways.

Half way to the truck, I realized that was Chris Chelios.

......"Hey."

...I'm an idiot.

:lol: I'm sure you came off extremely non-chalant. That's cool. But hey sometimes when I see the Wings around I feel like I know them b/c I see them on TV all the time so it's almost like seeing a friend.

Edited by HenrikRules40

.... But hey sometimes when I see the Wings around I feel like I know them b/c I see them on TV all the time so it's almost like seeing a friend.

UGH!

:lol: I'm sure you came off extremely non-chalant. That's cool.

Cheli, post-jocu: Damn, thought I really had some star power left. I ain't that bad now, am I? It's gotta be time to retire.

All of these are some pretty damn awesome stories! I remember the '93 squad too from that ice-dinner story someone mentioned... and running across Babs, Kenny, and the two ACs would be super cool too.

The supreme story to me though would be of someone who might have been on the workstaff for any of the post-Cup winning restaurant celebrations. Seeing a whole team in a hotel is unbelievable, but seeing them in the party aftermath would be funny as hell.

Oooh good thread!!

Let's see here.

Lidstrom- Met him twice at Troy Sports Center after practice. Very nice, down to earth, quiet guy. Was great both times I met him.

Larionov- Very quiet, humble, and nice. Actually played hockey with him and Kozzie. I was the goalie and they took around 10 shots each at me at the Wings rally back in 1998. Haha oh the good ol days!

Cleary- Just said hi to him, after practice. For some reason I forgot to ask him for his sig?! I don't know what happened. lol but he was really nice!

Datsyuk- Met him at Troy, and the Wings vs.Tigers game this summer. Very nice, and quiet. Doesn't say much. lol

Shanahan- Met him in '98 at the rally. Very nice, and funny.

Maltby- Met him three times. Hockeytown Authentics, Troy Sports Center (2) Probably one of the nicest guys you are ever going to meet.

Yzerman- Met him at Troy. VERY down to earth, and kind. Soft spoken and just all around great to his fans.

Lang- Met him at Troy, and he was very nice! He knew we'd been waiting to get his autograph so he came up to my cousin, sister and I and signed some things and took some pics with us. He's awesome.

Chelios- Met him at Farmer Jack! Hahaha he looks soo mean but he's a great guy. Really funny, and down to earth.

D-Mac- Of course he was funny, and nice. Really laid back type of fella. Awesome person to talk to.

Osgood!- Met him this past November twice in a day! Once at DMC where my Dad works, and then later that night at Hockeytown Cafe! He remembered me so it was pretty fantastic. :lol: Easily the best day of my life. Oh, and he's really nice, and VERY quiet and shy.

Draper- Met him three times. *Troy 2, Hockeytown Cafe* By far the nicest guy. So talkative, and nice to all his fans, will never deny an autograph or pic.

Legace- Met him three times at Troy. Very nice, likeable, and down to earth. He's probably one of the nicest players I've met.

Franzen- Really nice fella, signed my jersey, and was talking to my cousin and I about how he changed his number. lol

Hank- Met him twice *Troy, and Hockeytown Authentics* Great guy, nice, and appreciative of his fans.

Whitney- Met him at Hockeytown Authentics and got to take a pic with him even though no one was allowed to. I remember they said no pics allowed but I asked him for one and then he whispers to me "Okay, but don't tell anyone else about this!* haha

Avery- Met him like a gazillion times. Haha I absolutely love the guy. I remember when I first met him at practice he saw me taking pics of him by the boards during practice and he came up to me and said "Why don't you wait till after practice and we can take a pic together." :lol: He definitely kept his word, right after practice he signed my jersey and we took a pic! I met him twice after that and he was great. Very nice guy despite what many think

Kronner- Met him this September. Super nice fella! Very humble, and kind.

Kocur- Met him at Gibraltar. Funny, nice, and awesome.

Cujo- Met him after practice. Really nice, and pretty quiet.

Homer- Met him about three times. Funny as hell, just when he talks..you have to smirk a bit. Really nice guy.

Fedorov- Really nice, and kind and was thanking us for getting his autograph.

EDIT: I forgot to add Franz Cujo and Cleary!

Ya cuzy you tell them who me met lol. Ozzie by far the shyest guy like everrrrrrrrr, and so quiet

Lang was so funny he was like to the other people i think they were here first, and before that he like babbled like kldsfjlkasfjlksjfsjf, and then after he called me crippled cuz i was on my crutches lol best ever for skipping class.

Been a Wings fan for years...

I've met Nick Lidstrom numerous times. He used to come into Starbucks in Northville w/ Tomas Holmstrom and Fredrick Olassoan back in like 2002. Saw him at McDonalds in Northville w/ Tomas Holmstrom and his kids. I also saw Lidstrom at Pooles Tavern in Northville.

I played the Golden Tee golf arcade game with Manny Legace at The Wagon Wheel bar in Northville. He was a super nice guy. Had a drink with him numerous times.

Met Sergei Fedorov and Slava Kozlov in Livonia at my friends funeral back in 96.

My buddy sold his old Scout truck to Chris Chelios.

Met Boyd Deveraux at a concert in Detroit. He seemed rather unfriendly.

Jiri Slegr also used to come into Starbucks in Northville. Didnt say a word. He was a massive man.

Uwe Krupp would come up to Barnes and Noble in Northville and sit in the cafe area while his wife shopped.

I met Glen Hanlon when I was 7 years old at a grocery store.

My girlfriends mother used to babysit for Terry Sawchuck in Ferndale back in the 60's.

Met Vladdy, Primeau, Kozlov @ a Charity softball game in Redford back in 95.

Wow alot of great stories about meeting Former/Current Wings players. The only Wings I've met is Dino, Brad Marsh, and Shanny and that was at a London Knights Alumni Game.

Some NHL players I have met though, include: Doug Gilmour, met him twice actually, a real nice guy felt really comfortable around him. I meet Joe and Scott Thorton when they came to my public school, both are from London and there cousins went to my school so they took out time to come to our school and have a meet and great with all the kids. Steve Ruchin, also from London, came to my work looking for a car, during the lockout year lol real good guy. , Mac T, Basil Mcrae, Jeff Hackett, live down the road from a friend very funny guy but was very nice to talk too. LOL pretty much the only NHL players I've met are either from London or have played for the Knights. It will always be a Dream to meet Stevie, sounds like an exellent guy. :thumbup:

I have met a lot of the Wings at training camps and have to say D-Mac was great, very funny and stayed late. We went to dinner one night and sat at a table next to Steve, Chelios, and Dom. What a fun group they were and they were kind to everyone. At an autopgraph signing one afternoon at camp Sergei, Homer, Shanny, and Nick went from one end of the line to the other and signed for at least three hours. I met Ozzie last year at the X-cel center. We went shopping before the wings game at the pro shop and happened run into him in the hallway. We talked to him for about fifteen minutes about hockey, MInnesota, how long we had tried to get his atuograph, and just shooting the breeze. He said he was glad to meet fans that stayed with him no matter where he played and even willing to wear his jersey in Minnesota and being from Minnesota. :D