• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

tubaguy

Datsyuk Move in Today's game

Rate this topic

Does anyone know what time in the third period of today's game Datsyuk made a phenominal move in the Wings' zone to keep the puck away from the Avs?

Thanks!

Does anyone have a vid of his move?

Unfortunately probably not. 95% of the things that Datsyuk does which i would considered brilliant and what make him who he is never get seen again after the game. The only thing that ends up on highlight reel films(youtube for example) are the goals he scores, and quite frankly, Datsyuk is a playmaker, not a goal-scorer.

I tell non Red Wing fans this all the time - if someone were to ever make a highlight reel film of the moves and passes that Datsyuk makes regulary that don't always result in goals, it would be a hell of a lot more impressive than the few minutes of goals he does score(although those are usually impresive too).

The day that someone makes a video with him just dangling around people(particularly with footage of his early years in the NHL) and includes passes that showcase his ridiculous vision/creativity, i will be a happy man.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was definitely the 3rd period. I don't know the exact time, but it sure caught the announcers attention.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was definitely the 3rd period. I don't know the exact time, but it sure caught the announcers attention.

The move i'm thinking is when he somehow got away from a defender along the boards to get out of the defensive zone. Doc and Eddy O. both starting laughing because how ridiculous it was. Could have swore it was earlier in the game than the 3rd period. I'm pretty positive it happened a while before his set up Flip too, so i think i was right in that it was the 1st period.

Ya that move was in the first period. I had to call to my roomate to come check it out hoping they would show a replay but they didnt. He was only there for the 1st period so it had to be note.

I thought his pass to Flip was quite highlight reel itself. He needled that pass through a couple defenders.

Edited by GoalieManPat

Ya that move was in the first period. I had to call to my roomate to come check it out hoping they would show a replay but they didnt. He was only there for the 1st period so it had to be note.

I thought his pass to Flip was quite highlight reel itself. He needled that pass through a couple defenders.

Exactly my point. And the chances are that we will never seen that play again.

I am to the point where i would literally pay somone to make a long highlight reel film of his moves like that, that never get seen and don't result in goals.

If i had tapes of every Wings game since 01-02, i would seriously eventually go through each game and write down the time on the tape that he did something jaw dropping and find out how to record them all into a video on the computer.

I used to record the games to watch Pavel's magic but I find I spend too much time doing this! I saw that move yesterday and jumped out of my chair. Pavel's the best dangler in the business.

Unfortunately probably not. 95% of the things that Datsyuk does which i would considered brilliant and what make him who he is never get seen again after the game. The only thing that ends up on highlight reel films(youtube for example) are the goals he scores, and quite frankly, Datsyuk is a playmaker, not a goal-scorer.

I tell non Red Wing fans this all the time - if someone were to ever make a highlight reel film of the moves and passes that Datsyuk makes regulary that don't always result in goals, it would be a hell of a lot more impressive than the few minutes of goals he does score(although those are usually impresive too).

The day that someone makes a video with him just dangling around people(particularly with footage of his early years in the NHL) and includes passes that showcase his ridiculous vision/creativity, i will be a happy man.

You're right, his awesome moves are sometimes more entertaining than goals. I too wish that someone made a video of just that. In his earlier years nobody would pay attention to him and they didn't know to play the body against him so he did it like 2-3 times a game. Now, since everyone is aware of what and who he is, it is much harder for him to pull of those moves so they became rare, maybe once in 2 games.

I agree about the Datsyuk highlight video. I have a number of old games on tape and would be willing to mark down some highlights if anyone would actually make a video. There were some great moves in the 2004 World Cup. I would love to see a video like this. Maybe the guy who does Pav's official site could do it.

I remember the crowd reacted to it before the announcer guys did. It was sick. I also believe it was in the 1st period though. The thing about Dats is, he makes the moves look really smooth, and it almost looks like nothing unusual or "crazy" because of how smooth he pulls them.

Exactly my point. And the chances are that we will never seen that play again.

Unless you have that new-fangled thing-a-ma-job called DVR! I know exactly what you're talking about, and I taped the game. Believe it was in the 3rd period, so I'll try and take a peek for it tonight.

I do have some DVDs of games going back to 2004-05 season, all of last season and all of this season...as well as some from Russia, the Olympics and World Championship games too. That might be a good project for me if I ever get done all the rest of the things I have to do. Maybe I'll give it a shot and see what I come up with.

I do have some DVDs of games going back to 2004-05 season, all of last season and all of this season...as well as some from Russia, the Olympics and World Championship games too. That might be a good project for me if I ever get done all the rest of the things I have to do. Maybe I'll give it a shot and see what I come up with.

I would pay you(like $5) for a copy :D

Like i said before, the majority(like easily over 90%) of the moves that i'm talking about never resulted in goals - but man, i'd love to see them all put on a tape.

Guest Crymson

The 2004-2005 season??!! Omfg! You found it!! Where was it hidden?

I used to record the games to watch Pavel's magic but I find I spend too much time doing this! I saw that move yesterday and jumped out of my chair. Pavel's the best dangler in the business.

Pretty mundane move, too.

I felt somewhat disappointed that they didn't replay Maltby's check. It happened off-camera.

Exactly!!!

The things pasha does in games is quite amazing.

Most of the time he makes a great move but either gets robbed or hits the post and it will not be shown again.

Same with Kovalev in montreal. As you can see in my username I'm a big fan of both as they truly are the 2 most amazing stickhandlers of ALL time and I'm not kidding. Not even Lemieux/Jagr could touch them.

Exactly!!!

The things pasha does in games is quite amazing.

Most of the time he makes a great move but either gets robbed or hits the post and it will not be shown again.

Same with Kovalev in montreal. As you can see in my username I'm a big fan of both as they truly are the 2 most amazing stickhandlers of ALL time and I'm not kidding. Not even Lemieux/Jagr could touch them.

I agree, I know all of you have seen how amazing Datsyuk is and what he can do. He is a video of Kovalev's talent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSYV_7hNZ8E

Kira I'm also interested in the DVDs you have, mostly the Russian Super League ones.

Guest LivingtheDream

I agree, I know all of you have seen how amazing Datsyuk is and what he can do. He is a video of Kovalev's talent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSYV_7hNZ8E

Kira I'm also interested in the DVDs you have, mostly the Russian Super League ones.

Big deal, I mean he only stick handled one of the four pucks! :-)