• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

reyalp

Other fan tells me to sit..

Rate this topic

Ok, Me and three friends went to the Avs game today. During the first period Homer has a penalty shot correct? So of course everyone is excited and stands up to see what most consider the most exciting play in Hockey. Well I guess it wasn't for this guy, the whole arena is standing up uncluding me, and the guy behind me taps my back, and points down and says "Sit down I can't see.". This would have been fine and dandy if he would have asked nicely (even though I still wouldn't have sat) so I turn around to tell him no because the people in front of me were standing, and the next thing I know i turn back to face the play and I missed it. After the first period he was walking down the steps and gave me a look that said "I hate you" but come on... Who goes to a hockey game and doesn't stand for a penalty shot? Ohh and another thing, I called 1270 to complain about Lang and I dunno what happen, they said i was on the air and stuff... but I wasnt getting a response, I hope I did't sound like an idiot saying "Hello?????".

unrelated but i has at the leafs wings game a lil while back and detroit was swormin the net on the powerplay when zettaburger scored n i spilt some of my beer on this guy and his buddy sittin in front of me .. im poor so it was a upper bowl seat and these two guys were like wearing suits n talkin bout business the entire game .. anyway he got reall pissed n turned around n said "if you cant handle it dont drink it buddy.. i dont kno it was pretty funny though lookin back at it .. plus after he got up everyone behind me were sayin how big of a dick he was n he shouldnt be wearin suits in the upper bowl ... kinda funny

I think the timing of that tap only indicates that it was divine intervention. Sometimes agents of cosmic will work in mysterious ways--did the guy vanish into air when he got just out of eyesight?

Ok, Me and three friends went to the Avs game today. During the first period Homer has a penalty shot correct? So of course everyone is excited and stands up to see what most consider the most exciting play in Hockey. Well I guess it wasn't for this guy, the whole arena is standing up uncluding me, and the guy behind me taps my back, and points down and says "Sit down I can't see.". This would have been fine and dandy if he would have asked nicely (even though I still wouldn't have sat) so I turn around to tell him no because the people in front of me were standing, and the next thing I know i turn back to face the play and I missed it. After the first period he was walking down the steps and gave me a look that said "I hate you" but come on... Who goes to a hockey game and doesn't stand for a penalty shot? Ohh and another thing, I called 1270 to complain about Lang and I dunno what happen, they said i was on the air and stuff... but I wasnt getting a response, I hope I did't sound like an idiot saying "Hello?????".

The heck with that fan. I don't get too jumpy or excited at games, but if you don't show at least some emotion/excitement on the anticipation of a penalty shot....that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

You should have told him I'll sit down after the penalty shot is over like a smart-ass. :lol:

I was at the last DET-NASH game in Nashville. Wearing my Shanny jersey and supporting the team. I was sitting in the upper deck behind the goal. It was the third period and Hank had a breakaway, at the other end of the rink. I stood up in excitement and this Preds fan behind me yelled 'SIT DOWN'!! I turned around and told this guy to shut up and told him that I stood up for the breakaway. He decided to continue running his mouth and told me to 'F@#$ Off'. I had a couple more words for him and left it at that. I wanted to watch the game and not deal with this guy. I was practically the only Wings fan in that section. I have been going to Wings games in Nashville Since 1999, when I moved down here, and this is the third time a Preds fan has been out of line.

Standing up during penalty shots, breakaways, big hits, whatever...is part of being a fan and part of going to a hockey game. This guy needs to understand that we are at a hockey game, not the opera!!!

I was at the last DET-NASH game in Nashville. Wearing my Shanny jersey and supporting the team. I was sitting in the upper deck behind the goal. It was the third period and Hank had a breakaway, at the other end of the rink. I stood up in excitement and this Preds fan behind me yelled 'SIT DOWN'!! I turned around and told this guy to shut up and told him that I stood up for the breakaway. He decided to continue running his mouth and told me to 'F@#$ Off'. I had a couple more words for him and left it at that. I wanted to watch the game and not deal with this guy. I was practically the only Wings fan in that section. I have been going to Wings games in Nashville Since 1999, when I moved down here, and this is the third time a Preds fan has been out of line.

Standing up during penalty shots, breakaways, big hits, whatever...is part of being a fan and part of going to a hockey game. This guy needs to understand that we are at a hockey game, not the opera!!!

:thumbup:

Slightly off topic, but deals with people standing up. I hate when people show up 10 minutes late to games and then want to get to their seat. Leaving me unable to see. Last game that happened and I missed a goal. :blush:

Slightly off topic, but deals with people standing up. I hate when people show up 10 minutes late to games and then want to get to their seat. Leaving me unable to see. Last game that happened and I missed a goal. :blush:

Bastards.. I hate when people take there sweet ass time getting back to there seat they stop infront of you

I hate that too. If I get there late, I will wait until a whistle to go to my seat. Proper etiquette :thumbup:

I hate that too. If I get there late, I will wait until a whistle to go to my seat. Proper etiquette :thumbup:

canes games there's a little guy at the terminal who makes you wait.

The Joe last I checked has beefy security guards at each section exit to ensure for this etiquette.

Well... more like not-so-beefy women (but sometimes). Most people I've seen have been pretty good about that when I've gone.

Standing up story - what bugged me at the Yzerman ceremony is, I was in SRO and of course, there are standing O's galore, and people all standing for long lengths of the ceremony. Can't see s*** from SRO because they got those rows of folding chairs on the same level, so of course everyone in SRO creeps up so they can see, and the ushers move EVERYONE back to the wall. Like anyone's trying to walk around the arena and go to the bathroom when Probert or Vladdy's being introduced.

Random complaint. Glad I got that off my chest. Please continue.

If this happen to me, my response with my back turn to the guy would be

"Please dont bother me while i'm rooting for my team"

Edited by Jwo

Sounds like the fans in San Jose. They are becoming worse than Oakland Raiders fans, and trust me that is pretty bad!

Edited by WingsDC2B

I have a pretty crazy story. My dad and I went to the Flames game a couple weeks or so ago, and we went down to the lower bowl down by the glass to watch the warm-ups. Now we did have upper bowl tickets, but we decided to keep our seats we were sitting until the rightful owners came and kicked us out. Well we sat through the whole game in those seats, and all the other seats excepth the two we were in became occupied. It was awesome.

The only bad part was we couldn't get up to go to the bathroom or we wouldn't be able to get back down to the seats.

I have a pretty crazy story. My dad and I went to the Flames game a couple weeks or so ago, and we went down to the lower bowl down by the glass to watch the warm-ups. Now we did have upper bowl tickets, but we decided to keep our seats we were sitting until the rightful owners came and kicked us out. Well we sat through the whole game in those seats, and all the other seats excepth the two we were in became occupied. It was awesome.

The only bad part was we couldn't get up to go to the bathroom or we wouldn't be able to get back down to the seats.

Haha that's a time-honored Wings game tradition in my family...To hell with paying $85.00 per seat to sit back and accept some third-rate upper bowl seat when there are bountiful empty ones in the lower bowl for the taking. I'll weasel my ass down there every time.

Also another sit/stand story...

Again I'm not one to go loud/crazy and constantly stand or shout at stands, I usually just like to watch the game in peace and quietly, but I'm not going to a jerk and get on somebody's case for standing for a play to get excited and all that stuff unless they are just constantly shouting or ruining the game for everybody in a section...

Anyways, this was my first Wings game I was ever at in Detroit, early last season around Thanksgiving against St Louis. The Wings were on a 5-on-3 PP. Most people around our section were still sitting, but into the action obviously. These two couples in front of us were a joke, the women were drunk out of their minds and I guess they were leaving to take a whiz or something, it took them literally almost 2 minutes to either leave or sit back down. I normally don't flip my lid or show emotions during a game, but I almost just blasted back at them. Come on, it's a 5-on-3 PP, I want to watch the action on the ice, not drunk people scrambling around their seats who aren't interested in the game.

Another story, but not a Wings game...my alma mater used to be in the same conferece for sports as Tulane University here in New Orleans when I was still going to college in Texas...we play a football game that season back here in the Superdome. I just go with my family so nobody was really riled up (I rarely tailgate or drink heavily at sports events anyway), and it's Tulane, they usually aren't good anyways so the 'Dome rarely gets crowded. Well, Tulane actually played a solid game and steamrolled TCU by about 25 points. Tulane slowly/surely pulled away throughout the game, but there was this one jackass fan who kept shouting and complaining and bitching about EVERYTHING, even when Tulane was well ahead. We were sitting next to a few contingent of more friendlier Tulane alums who unfortunately warned us of him. The Tulane alums told us one time he brought his kid to a game and was holding him over the railing (we were in the middle tier of the 'Dome) and nearly dropped him a few stories.

As stated, I rarely blow my top at games so I was pretty quiet and even-tempered even though my school was getting destroyed that game. I eventually confronted the fan who was ruining watching the game for everybody else calmly, and told him to please settle down, your team is actually doing good and will win this game, be happy. After being absolutely stunned, he eventually shut up.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

At a Sens game the play was exciting and everyone was on the edge of their seat. Then some old fart behind me told me to sit back. I said screw that and still leaned forward. The guy was talking the whole game too about life and buisness yet he tells me to move cause hes watching the game ????

At the last wings home game, I was in the upper bowl and some taller dude was leaning forward in his seat. Me being short couldn't see. But what pissed me off more was the fact that he had an illegal camera, so he was only leaning forward to take pictures (not too sure how he got that in). I don't mind someone leaning forward to see better, but doing so to take pictures with a camera that is illegal in Joe Louis, angered me.

Good thinking. :thumbup: Here in Finland we aren't even allowed to go to the seats until play is stopped. And of course, if you're a bit late, they always play like five minutes without a stoppage and make you stand and wait for a permission to take your seat. <_<:lol: