• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

Homer out a few games, Hasek back this weekend

Rate this topic

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The Wings are not going to get drawn into a dogfight for the division that costs them in the playoffs. Maybe Nashville is playing it smart too.

I assume both teams will have good fight in those 4 games this month. but other than that I think both will insure to run head to head to eventually be able to swap places if #5 spot and #8 spot will suit different tastes :) if Sharks get to #5 though, I'm pretty sure Wings will be crazy to steal the #1 spot :)

Did anyone really think that when they said "Hasek out 2 games to rest" it didn't mean "Hasek out 4-8-who knows? games with an injury"? I just don't understand why they don't just say he's on the shelf indefinitely rather than "2 games" when it's obviously a lie.

...ironic how all these "upper" and "lower" body injuries are coming near the end of the season? I don't think the Wings are throwing the race to the #1 spot away, but I do believe that these "injuries" are just pre-cautions. These players who would normally play through these "aches" are being given the time off to, both, gets out some kinks and REST for the playoffs! We ALL know, as well as the coaches, that home ice means notta in the NHL. Better to rest the elite players of your team now, and have them 100% for the playoffs, then to expend all your players to the very end fighting for the #1 (useless) spot. It's not like they are fighting for a playoff spot. They will make the playoffs and probably feel very comfortable being the #4 seed. Let Nashville fight tooth and nail to get that #1 spot, let them get some end of year injuries (like we usually do.) I wouldn't doubt, once Zetterberg comes back, Datsyuk comes up with an "injury" of some kind...

...smart...

Did anyone really think that when they said "Hasek out 2 games to rest" it didn't mean "Hasek out 4-8-who knows? games with an injury"? I just don't understand why they don't just say he's on the shelf indefinitely rather than "2 games" when it's obviously a lie.

you think? They're saying he'll be back "this weekend" as in Sunday vs. the Bruins? But you could also be correct. I also wouldn't be too surprised that this is a precaution and rest period for more than one Wing, as has been suggested by others here. Some of the guys probably could play, but it's better if they don't right now.

Get well, Wings!! :)

Fine with me just as long as everyone's back and healthy for the playoffs!!! Plus, it's a good thing that some of the Griffs are in the line up just in case they are needed later on.

It's funny how everyone is having injuries now. Suuuure. Everyone needs to rest though. Maybe they didn't THIS enough last year. Anyways, good to see Booter called up. I like that he brings energy to the team, and will stick up for his mates.

Also, it's great that Dom will be back this weekend, but I am so damn excited that Oz is going to get in more games!!!

Fine with me just as long as everyone's back and healthy for the playoffs!!! Plus, it's a good thing that some of the Griffs are in the line up just in case they are needed later on.

It's funny how everyone is having injuries now. Suuuure. Everyone needs to rest though. Maybe they didn't THIS enough last year. Anyways, good to see Booter called up. I like that he brings energy to the team, and will stick up for his mates.

Also, it's great that Dom will be back this weekend, but I am so damn excited that Oz is going to get in more games!!!

See resting players can be good and bad. It can bee good because players are rested for play-off time. It is bad because players could be rusty or not battle hardened come play-off time. **Fingers crossed** it goes in are favour.

If thats not the case, Get Well Soon Wings :thumbup:

^^^ Yes I just saw that during the Isles/Rangers game and now I am worried. :(

i dont know i think i trust mlive more than versus. and what are they gonna say? "holmstrom out a few games"? i guess a few games can be looked at as indefinitely?

Yipers. Crazy injuries abound. Probably just pre-cautionary measures though as stated.

Personally, I'm not all that concerned where the Wings seed. I don't want them to tank the rest of the regular season obviously, you want them to win, but first/foremost I want everybody healthy and the team having decent momentum and some kind of winning streak going to the playoffs.

It's all but determined that they will probably finish etiher #1, #2, or #4 in the conference. I highly doubt Colorado or St Louis will catch up, but the #5 to #8 seeds are ridiculously tight right now. In terms of a first round matchup, I just don't see any kind of advantage being either 1, 2, or 4, when who the hell knows what teams will be seeded #5 - #8, that probably won't be determined until the last week of the season.

I don't really care as long as they are healthy for the playoffs...or at least the majority are healthy...or at least they are mostly healthy...or whatever.

Whatever other factors go into winning a Cup, I don't think we've ever won with a lot of serious injuries.

As far as resting the players go...if that's the plan, well cool. It's early enough that they can all be rolling for April!

I think it'll be an interesting game, at least.

Interesting is a good way to put it. Something like this happened a few years back where there were sooo many Red Wings regulars out of the lineup. I believe, if I remember right, the top of this website where it says Lets Go Wings was changed to Lets go Griffins with a bandaid over the word Wings. Pretty funny--until game time comes and we are missing 4 or 5 guys.

We pretty much have 4th spot locked up, just as long as everyone is ready to go for the playoffs.

Some of these injuries will give our core guys a rest. We'll be fine.

considering they dont become rusty

Interesting is a good way to put it. Something like this happened a few years back where there were sooo many Red Wings regulars out of the lineup. I believe, if I remember right, the top of this website where it says Lets Go Wings was changed to Lets go Griffins with a bandaid over the word Wings. Pretty funny--until game time comes and we are missing 4 or 5 guys.

December'03 if I recall correctly. and the funniest thing about it was we started losing

when regulars returned to the lineup.

then in January we moved Cujo to Griffins..