• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Bootland recalled from Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

Wasn't there someone better we could have called up than Bootland?? I mean, he's a total waste of space. "Tough guy?" Yeah, right. We might as well just spot Nashville three power plays before the game even starts.

And how can TSN.ca say Homer's out indefinitely? Everything else I've been reading says he's only going to be out a couple of games.

BOOTER!!

I gotta be one of the few on here that likes the guy. He can't skate, but he sure as hell knows how to mix it up! He'll bring lots of energy to the team tomorrow and it's great he's in time for it being against the Preds. I'm all for Booter! :thumbup: About damn time he's been called up.

Flip - Datsyuk - Rex

Calder - Lang - Mule

Maltby - Drapes - Booter

Langfeld - Ellis - Hussey

Hope Huds gets a shot with Pavs and Flip... show his worth when playing big minutes on the number one line.

Considering half of our team is hurt... those arn't terrible lines.

All these injuries are gettin kinda fishy hopefully we can get our whole lineup healthy and playing together at mid/end of march so they can get some chemistry and gel together instead of trying to do that in the playoffs ...

Wasn't there someone better we could have called up than Bootland?? I mean, he's a total waste of space. "Tough guy?" Yeah, right. We might as well just spot Nashville three power plays before the game even starts.

At least he will defend his teammates, something that noone else on this roster does right now. And this is the best game to have him for, IMO. We all hate Tootoo running around taking cheapshots, so at least now there will be someone who will step in and do something about it. I could care less about if he wins the fight or not, the important thing is that he will defend the rest of the guys.

At least he will defend his teammates, something that noone else on this roster does right now. And this is the best game to have him for, IMO. We all hate Tootoo running around taking cheapshots, so at least now there will be someone who will step in and do something about it. I could care less about if he wins the fight or not, the important thing is that he will defend the rest of the guys.

Exactly. Just having Booter in the line up for the sole reason of sticking up for his mates, and fighting is good enough for me.

Bootland will have Hordi chasing him all over the ice and taking penalties, thats where Bootland is at his best, he is a s*** disturber who backs it up. Don't be surprised if he does go after Hordi, he definately has the heart and the balls, i just hope he has a hard enough head if he does.

Here is an interesting fact for everyone, Bootland and Ellis played on the same line together in Junior, they then went onto play with Toledo where again they played on the same line, next stop was the Griffins where they have also played on the same line. Tomorrow night they will probably play on the same line again in the Nhl. Does anyone know of any other players that have played for the same team since junior all the way up to the Nhl?

Agree. This move hurts no one and lets key guys rest and heal. Also, it gives Booter the opportunity to show something instead of dropping off the map like everyone's predicting. If Booter doesn't get KO'd by Hordichuk I would consider it a huge boost for the Wings. Personally, I think he could take TooToo and Weber.

Cheers!

esteef

Agree. This move hurts no one and lets key guys rest and heal. Also, it gives Booter the opportunity to show something instead of dropping off the map like everyone's predicting. If Booter doesn't get KO'd by Hordichuk I would consider it a huge boost for the Wings. Personally, I think he could take TooToo and Weber.

Cheers!

esteef

*rolls eyes* Sorry, I'm not convinced. I have seen nothing from this guy that makes me believe he belongs on an NHL roster, even for a game or two as a fill in. All he's good for is taking stupid, ill-timed penalties.

However, I'd love for him to prove me wrong, come in here and have a couple of fantastic games.

I'm not too upset by this since there wasn't much else down there. I personally don't think that he is NHL caliber and is not a good enough skater to survive. BUT if he proves me wrong I won't be upset.

I like Bootland, I just don't think he is good enough...

Forgive me for now going over every post in this thread I only read the first page and a bit, I saw a lot of people saying that Tootoo would be a mismatch for Bootland? I remember in the 04-05 season, Bootland gave it to Tootoo pretty good as the refs had to come in and get him off Tootoo, Bootland challenged him quite a few times after that whenever they played Milwaukee but Tootoo wasn't interested... I know that was a few years ago, but I wouldn't say anyone is outta anyone's league..

and Lou_Siffer... get over Bootland buddy... do you even watch the Wings ever? the 4th line is doing great considering their limited ice time

Forgive me for now going over every post in this thread I only read the first page and a bit, I saw a lot of people saying that Tootoo would be a mismatch for Bootland? I remember in the 04-05 season, Bootland gave it to Tootoo pretty good as the refs had to come in and get him off Tootoo, Bootland challenged him quite a few times after that whenever they played Milwaukee but Tootoo wasn't interested... I know that was a few years ago, but I wouldn't say anyone is outta anyone's league..

and Lou_Siffer... get over Bootland buddy... do you even watch the Wings ever? the 4th line is doing great considering their limited ice time

Get over Bootland? Do you even read my posts or do you just skim and see the name Bootland and assume im some gung ho fan of his? He could fight 3 times tomorrow and get his ass whooped in each and it still wouldnt change the fact that him being in the lineup makes considerable more sense than say, Matt Hussey. What im in support of is a physical player being inserted into the lineup, and with Bootland being basically it down in GR other than Norton that makes him the guy. It cant hurt at all to give him another shot. If you dont like him, blame management for not having other alternatives.

Yeah Hussey, Ellis, and Langfeld are great...are they scoring any? No. Are they hitting? No. So theyve had a few scoring chances. Im impressed, where are the results again?

Ellis im not as against as i am Hussey and Langfeld. He's not as bad. Langfeld, in particular, has played 25 some odd games and done crap. He needs to be the first one out of the 4 when someone comes back.

Get over Bootland? Do you even read my posts or do you just skim and see the name Bootland and assume im some gung ho fan of his? He could fight 3 times tomorrow and get his ass whooped in each and it still wouldnt change the fact that him being in the lineup makes considerable more sense than say, Matt Hussey. What im in support of is a physical player being inserted into the lineup, and with Bootland being basically it down in GR other than Norton that makes him the guy. It cant hurt at all to give him another shot. If you dont like him, blame management for not having other alternatives.

Yeah Hussey, Ellis, and Langfeld are great...are they scoring any? No. Are they hitting? No. So theyve had a few scoring chances. Im impressed, where are the results again?

Ellis im not as against as i am Hussey and Langfeld. He's not as bad. Langfeld, in particular, has played 25 some odd games and done crap. He needs to be the first one out of the 4 when someone comes back.

You may or may not be a "fan" of Bootland, personally I would consider myself a fan of Booter, I have had the privilege of watching Bootland and Ellis since their St.Mikes days.. I like a scrap just as much, probably more, than most hockey fans, and it kills me to not have someone in the line up who will stand up for themselves and team mates, but I can't stand how you treat the OTHER call ups who, whether the stats show it or not, are doing a great job replacing our current roster players.. calling these guys "useless scrubs" is what gets under my skin, not the fact that you prefer Booter in the line up over Langfeld, Ellis, & Hussey, because at times I would rather him on the ice too.. everyone on this board is a supporter of the same organization, and we all have our opinions and preferences, we shouldn't have to disrespect other players in the organization just to get our point across

You may or may not be a "fan" of Bootland, personally I would consider myself a fan of Booter, I have had the privilege of watching Bootland and Ellis since their St.Mikes days.. I like a scrap just as much, probably more, than most hockey fans, and it kills me to not have someone in the line up who will stand up for themselves and team mates, but I can't stand how you treat the OTHER call ups who, whether the stats show it or not, are doing a great job replacing our current roster players.. calling these guys "useless scrubs" is what gets under my skin, not the fact that you prefer Booter in the line up over Langfeld, Ellis, & Hussey, because at times I would rather him on the ice too.. everyone on this board is a supporter of the same organization, and we all have our opinions and preferences, we shouldn't have to disrespect other players in the organization just to get our point across

Ok, i see your point on that. Its all out of frustration...frustration for not having a player like Bootland on the 4th line, and frustration for seeing other posters criticize him for not being able to skate and not being good enough. So what if Langfeld can skate better! Whats he doing with that extra speed? Nothing! You know? At least Bootland can provide something in an area thats lacking. I'll leave Ellis alone for the time being, but the other two i cant see being contributors in any fashion...hence the phrase "useless scrubs". I guess "non - contributors" would be a nicer way to put it..

Lou, honestly. Langfeld is a lot worse than Hussey. Hussey may not be great, but he doesn't miss clear cut goals like Langfeld does. Langfeld has had so many chances to score, and hasn't. And I have seen Hussey have a few takeaways this year, something I don't think Langfeld has to his credit.

I guess when you look at the situation Bootland is the best the solution. Bran Norton is horrible in all aspects, and he hasn't played much lately either. So really, Bootland is the only option. We'll just wait and see how he does.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Oh boy, cue excessive celebrating from fight/toughness guys. :lol:

Cue excessive Bootland bashing from all the guys that wear pink panties :lol:

(he's too slow, he can't win a fight, he's not an NHL player, he takes stupid penalties)

He hasn't been called up in 3 years... If he sucks that bad he won't play another game, and all the bashers will say "I told you so" if he can take care of his own end first and foremost, keep up with the play, and not take stupid penalties then I am all for bumping Langfeld back down and leaving Booter up. He put up good numbers last year in GR and if I recall scored some timely goals in the playoffs(GWG in Game 7 after HUGE 3rd period comeback)

Im not saying he is awesome or anything because I don't know how he will compare to NHL players, but he hasn't been called up in 3 years and I think it is only fair for him to get another shot as opposed to someone else in their first year in the DRW organization.Like I said if he sucks then send him back down after the game, but lets cut him a little slack and give him a fair shot first.

Ok, i see your point on that. Its all out of frustration...frustration for not having a player like Bootland on the 4th line, and frustration for seeing other posters criticize him for not being able to skate and not being good enough. So what if Langfeld can skate better! Whats he doing with that extra speed? Nothing! You know? At least Bootland can provide something in an area thats lacking. I'll leave Ellis alone for the time being, but the other two i cant see being contributors in any fashion...hence the phrase "useless scrubs". I guess "non - contributors" would be a nicer way to put it..

It's knowing what you're going to get out of players, the Ellis - Langfeld - Hussey line brings energy and they have been pretty damn good at cycling the puck and keeping it in the oppositions zone. There are no results because Babcock isn't expecting results. He's just expecting them to go out there and kill some time in the oppositions zone. A guy like Bootland is a wild card, he's not as good of a skater as the other players and while he may fight, Babcock seems to like the other 3 players better and I can't really blame him.

Bootland's 4 minutes isn't going to bring anything more than Langfelds 4 minutes. Bootland will probably fight someone, but so what? Sure it'll be fun to see, but it won't change anything like some fighters can.