• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

3/6 GDT: Predators @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

Let's go boys, we need the 2 points tonight, in regulation with any luck. Should be an interesting one for sure, can't wait to see Booters out there and see how him and the rest of the kids do. Let's go Griffs, err, Wings. :D

Wings take it in a balls-to-the-wall, tooth-crunching effort:

4-2 Wings (Dats, Calderx2 one is an empty netter, Lids) (Toot-Toot the Train boy, Arnie)

Edit:

I had to change it- I originally said Dats had the EN, but he'd pass it to Calder.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Lang wakes up half way through the game and realizes he's a hockey player and gets a hat trick.

The Force is strong with this one. :thumbup:

Bad news, though... *throws Idiom Switch*

FADE IN:

INT. AMAZONIAN TEMPLE

HEROES: I really don't think this is a good idea!

BOB: Relax, would you? I've seen this done a hundred times before, it's very simple. You just take the golden idol off the pedestal...

BOB slowly lifts the diminutive, glowing statue off it its resting place. He reaches into his utility pouch and reveals a small bag of sand.

BOB: ... And then you put this on here in its place. Voila! Couldn't be easier. Now, we can get out of he--

The temple begins to shake beneath their feet. The ceiling starts to crumble as the whole structure sounds as if it could fall apart at any moment.

HEROES: Bob... Bob?!

BOB [already in the distance]: RUN!

The two companions flee the temple into the jungles outside. They are quickly met by the NATIVES, who are very displeased with BOB'S tampering. Behind them, the temple collapses with a tremendous thud.

NATIVES: OFF WITH HIS HEAD! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

BOB: Now wait just a moment, here!

BOB offers them the return of their idol, but the bloodlust has already set in.

NATIVES: OFF WITH HIS HEAD! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Sensing their doom, BOB knows what he must do to save his companion. He rushes the column of natives, tackling many to ground, but is quickly enveloped by their superior numbers.

BOB: Hurry! Run!

HEROES: But--

BOB: GO!!!

HEROES turns to escape, but not before witnessing the horrible fate rendered unto his life long friend. True to their word, BOB meets his most gruesome demise.

HEROES: NOOOOO!

Not making BOB'S herioic sacrifice in vain, HEROES leaves the Amazon unscathed, narrowly avoiding the NATIVE'S wrath.

INT. THE NEXT DAY, ANSAR KHAN'S WEBLOG

ANSAR KHAN: Robert Lang is expected to be out 2-3 weeks with a lower body injury, the team reported today. Eric Himelfarb has been recalled from Grand Rapids.

I'm steering as clear of this GDT tonight but here's to hoping for a fantastic hockey game - one where the Wings come up on top of the scoreboard and standings.

Edited by JeeSpot82

Detroit should lose this game. They're depleted, and though I like Pavel and Flip playing together, with Homer & Cleary out, Calder still not 100% clicking with Lazy Langer, and Franzen needing to be cloned because he's playing well on both the 2nd and Grind Line, there's too many reasons Nashville wins this one.

That being said: Go Booter!!!

I know everyone is saying our position in the conference comes down to the last 4 games against Nashville. Honestly, I think tonight's game will be the determining factor. I know we have a lot of guys out, but I think after the ugly loss to the Avs, our guys need to fight through and pull out a win tonight.

Well this game is over before it starts. It's not bad enough that half the team just came up from the Griffins, but we have to rely on Osgood. Preds get at least 5 goals on him, I think the Wings might get 1 if that. Prove me wrong Ozzie.

Well this game is over before it starts. It's not bad enough that half the team just came up from the Griffins, but we have to rely on Osgood. Preds get at least 5 goals on him, I think the Wings might get 1 if that. Prove me wrong Ozzie.

I think you are selling your team short. The Preds have some serious injuries as well, we have three 20 goal scorers and Fberg out of the lineup. The way the wings play, you are almost never out of a game.

That being said...I hope it's a good game but I do hope you lose. :)

Guest Crymson

Forsberg will not play tonight.

Gee, you've got a lot of faith. I bet that pessimism makes you really happy, huh?

I admit that Osgood is my question mark for this game, but that doesn't mean that I will sell him short before the thing even starts.

Good reply Crymson... I, like you, have little faith in Mr. Oz... but hell, give him a damned minute to TRY!! :P

Basically, no matter the lineups.. you have GOT to take care of biz in your own barn. I still like our defensemen corps over the Preds, and that will let us prevail in the end. :siren:

Forsberg will not play tonight.

Gee, you've got a lot of faith. I bet that pessimism makes you really happy, huh?

I admit that Osgood is my question mark for this game, but that doesn't mean that I will sell him short before the thing even starts.

Well the glass is always half empty. I just know this is a really important game and I have no faith at all in Osgood. My only hope is to believe the Wings can out score the Preds. And that is hard to believe in when we're missing too many key guys. At least Booter gets a shot, go Booter! At least Forsberg is showing why I didn't want him on our team, we have enough injuries.

Do you guys really think Bert was a good pick up? I mean, sure the conditional aspect of the trade was brilliant, so you really didn't give up anything if he tanks. But do you think the back will hold up. And he's not expected to play till late March, do you think there will be a long adjustment period before he can make an impact? Do you think he might mess up the chemistry at a crucial time?

Guest Crymson

Well the glass is always half empty. I just know this is a really important game and I have no faith at all in Osgood. My only hope is to believe the Wings can out score the Preds. And that is hard to believe in when we're missing too many key guys. At least Booter gets a shot, go Booter! At least Forsberg is showing why I didn't want him on our team, we have enough injuries.

Use of that philosophy is really your loss, but then again I bet you know that already.

Do you guys really think Bert was a good pick up? I mean, sure the conditional aspect of the trade was brilliant, so you really didn't give up anything if he tanks. But do you think the back will hold up. And he's not expected to play till late March, do you think there will be a long adjustment period before he can make an impact? Do you think he might mess up the chemistry at a crucial time?

Who cares? It'll either work or it won't.