• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Inultus

Forsberg out tonight

Rate this topic

When I read what the Preds gave up for Forsberg I was pretty surprised and I was glad that we had not done to same in order to get him.

Preds fans denied that the price was too high, but now he will be out due to an undisclosed upper-body injury after he has played all of what, 2 games?

I wonder if now they are realizing that the price really was too high?

Anyway, both teams have injuries to star players going into tonight's game (although the Preds get Arnott and Legwand back), so I hope that our depth and experience can pull us through and get us tied up for 1st in the West.

Edited by Inultus

Preds fans are going to love seeing a Wings fan talking about how their star trade deadline acquisition is out with an injury after only three games. How many has Bertuzzi played again?

I think the Preds did overpay, but all the Preds are worried about is whether he's ready for the playoffs. He has plenty of time to make them very happy they got him.

May as well rest him, the Wings are doing the same with their guys. Why take a chance that someone like Booter will take a run at him, a la Hartnell? There are 3 more match ups after tonight and plenty of time for statement-making on both sides.

Exactly. This is a stupid thread.

Or perhaps you are just stupid.

Regardless of whether or not they brought him in for the playoffs, this injury illustrates his frailty as a player.

The injury was not the direct result of any specific action, so we know that this does not bode well for his longevity chances for the rest of the season, or the playoffs.

Regardless of whether or not they brought him in for the playoffs, this injury illustrates his frailty as a player.

The injury was not the direct result of any specific action, so we know that this does not bode well for his longevity chances for the rest of the season, or the playoffs.

if it's a mostly minor injury he might be sitting out b/c it's the reg. season, if this were the PO's who's to say he wouldn't be playing?

Preds fans denied that the price was too high, but now he will be out due to an undisclosed upper-body injury after he has played all of what, 2 games?

The price was too high for the Wings, but it made sense for the Preds since they had the assets.

Honestly, judging any deadline deal, until the dust from the Stanley Cup playoffs settle, doesn't make much sense. In most cases, the deal is dependant on the team making a long playoff run to be successfull.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Airborn

6 points in 7 games. and as mentioned, it was a pickup for the playoffs. If tonight were a playoff game, he WOULD be playing. In fact, no one knows, he still could play tonight.

This is like saying that the Wings are dumb for bringing in Hasek because he's hurt right now. Makes about as much sense as drunk driving.

This is like saying that the Wings are dumb for bringing in Hasek because he's hurt right now. Makes about as much sense as drunk driving.

Actually it's quite different. The Wings paid $500K for Hasek. How much did you give up for Forsberg? I never said the Preds were dumb to get him, I just said I think they overpaid.

We barely gave up anything for Hasek or Bertuzzi, so I don't have an issue with them not playing right now.

Edited by Inultus

Forsberg wasn't brought in to score some goals at the end of the regular season. He's a beast in the playoffs and as long as he's healthy by then, thats all that matters.

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

if forsbergs healthy come april, he'll be a beast

You guys are missing the point.

Holland himself said that for the amount of risk we took for Bertuzzi, there is a chance for great reward.

I think that the Preds have a chance for great reward in Forsberg, but they also took great risk. Hence I think they overpaid, because even if he gets healthy in the playoffs, I think the risk they took was too great.

Whatever though, if Nashville is convinced that giving up 2 picks and 2 players for a rental is a smart move, so be it.

Don't see the big deal with this, Forsberg proved last game what will happen in the playoffs... Anyhow, the whole Kaberle thing has made teams a bit paranoid.

Edited by Toothless

No. This thread is stupid.

Hasn't Forsberg had chronic wrist problems? Or am I confused?

Ankle and foot problems have been persistent.

if forsbergs healthy come april, he'll be a beast

This is exactly why Peter was acquired... the playoffs.

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

if my memory serves me floppas played 3 games, so thats 3 more than bertuzzi. and the games he played he dominated.