• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YzermanZetterberg

Mickey Redmond

Rate this topic

Guest LivingtheDream

You wonder if he just thought that up or if he worked on it! Either way, it's a great line and it explains it all. On so many Datsyuk videos you see guys completely bewildered, often moving in one direction for an imaginary puck when Dats is going the other way. It's like he is playing basketball with those moves. Or maybe Barry Saunders-esque? I just hope we keep the guy after he shows up big in the playoffs this year. He makes a lot of goals happen, not just with his insane moves. He is the real play maker out there and he makes everyone around him better.

You wonder if he just thought that up or if he worked on it! Either way, it's a great line and it explains it all. On so many Datsyuk videos you see guys completely bewildered, often moving in one direction for an imaginary puck when Dats is going the other way. It's like he is playing basketball with those moves. Or maybe Barry Saunders-esque? I just hope we keep the guy after he shows up big in the playoffs this year. He makes a lot of goals happen, not just with his insane moves. He is the real play maker out there and he makes everyone around him better.

agreed, lets just hope he doesn't want to be the highest paid player in the league

Guest LivingtheDream

agreed, lets just hope he doesn't want to be the highest paid player in the league

Double agreed! :) Let's hope he realizes that playing for a great team is also worth something. I hope he has nightmares of rooming with Federov in Columbus and wakes up in a cold sweat screaming, "Okay, I'll sign with the Wings!"

He also said something about one of the Nashville players getting it to the effect of, "It was like he got hit with one of those African big game hunting guns". It was worded slightly different than that, but that's the gist of it. You booze you loose Mickey.

You booze you loose Mickey.

I love Mickey Redmond, and always have -- but I was thinking the same thing last night. Ocassionally, there are games where he's slurring and giggly. Last night was one of those nights, I felt.

Am I alone in thinking that? Haha

Whatever he's doing, he should keep doing - because it's HI-larious.

On the DSR after the game last night, Mickey's comment on Datsyuk's goal was priceless. It was something like:

"Pavel Datsyuk can undress guys in a phone booth and they aren't sure if their wallet is missing."

:lol::clap:

GO MICK!

:lol: that's priceless

ugh

He gets so annoying, though! Composite sticks this, composite sticks that. Players can't protect themselves, used to be able to "lay the lumber" into them, blah blah blah. Everytime someone misses a pass "OH MY GOD COMPOSITE STIX!!!!"

I love Mickey Redmond, and always have -- but I was thinking the same thing last night. Ocassionally, there are games where he's slurring and giggly. Last night was one of those nights, I felt.

Am I alone in thinking that? Haha

Whatever he's doing, he should keep doing - because it's HI-larious.

Actually, the Mick used to work where I do now and I've heard some stories. The same stomach problem that keeps him from making all the road trips also keeps him from drinking. He's just really that awesome!

Mick can drink, he jsut can't drink whiskey - that's what messes with his stomach. And I would be absolutely shocked if Mick didn't drink. He get's progressively goofier as games go on, this is no coincidence. I have no problem with Mickey boozing it up, it creates some great quotes and funny commentating which is nice to have when watching games. Mickey is still the man, booze or no booze.

I really don't care if he does drink as time goes on. It makes way for some great quotes! :P

I love Mickey. He's probably my favorite broadcaster. He sense of humor and cool quotes is what really sets him apart from the others.

Edited by Kp-Wings

On the DSR after the game last night, Mickey's comment on Datsyuk's goal was priceless. It was something like:

"Pavel Datsyuk can undress guys in a phone booth and they aren't sure if their wallet is missing."

:lol::clap:

GO MICK!

:lol: "He can undress you in a phone booth and you wouldn't even know your wallet is missing." :lol: I honestly laughed out loud when I heard that last night. And I planned on posting it here too but you beat me to it. Nonetheless...hilarious. As for if he drinks or not, my sister and I always said that he did b/c he does get progressively gigglier and slurred as the game goes on. Whatever...Mick rules.

I guess if you're a newer fan you find Mickey entertaining, but after 20 years of the same "Mickey-isms", recycled complaints about how much easier "today's players" have it, and his incessant defending of certain players (every goal on Osgood was tipped, according to Mickey), I've grown tired of his schtick. Add in Daniels and his over-excitement at any play involving a Red Wing, not to mention being a Red Wings slappy not matter how poorly the team is playing and I think they are one of the worst tandems in hockey.

If any of you were around when the Wings were on PASS and Dave Strader was doing the play-by-play and Mickey was kind of a novelty, then I think you know what I'm talking about. I'd love to see the Wings get ahold of Chris Cuthbert for play-by-play and have Beeker do the color.

I like Verbeek because he's not afraid to call out the team, or individuals, when they aren't playing up to par. Granted, he doesn't seem to understand the concept of amplified sound, but he's better than Larry "Snooze-fest" Murphy or any of the other guys they've tried. I know FOX2 used to use Johnny O in the studio, maybe the Wings could give him a try?

That what I'm sayin'. If he and Mike Emrick teamed up for a game, just one game, the entire TV audience and everybody within ten blocks of the arena would be deaf before the first intermission.

I like Doc Emrick. Living in NJ I watch a lot of Rangers and Devils games and he calls a lot of them.

How can you not love Mickey? The fact the only guys they have in the hopper right now are Murphy and Verbeek is scarey... they need to pull in someone like Hull, a character, because that is what is amazing about Mickey. He breaks up the vanilla of play by play and gives you an inside look into what being a player is all about.

By the way, Murphy, as stated by a few people already, is horrible. He has the personality of a wet paper bag.

Larry Murphy could put a man reading law books to sleep. Nothing against him or anything, but he is not a good commentator. He's boring, and really has no chemistry with Ken Daniels like Mickey does.

Verbeek... no. Mickey is much better than Verbeek.

Ken Daniels is a little overexitable, but he's still a good commentator. I know we can say things like "Let's have Chris Cuthbert do games", but that is almost impossible to actually happen. He's a great broadcaster, and I love him, but why would he come to the Wings? Do you think he would walk away from TSN, being that he's one of the lead announcers? No, I don't.

Same thing with Mike Emerik. He does everything. He's on NBC, VS., and he's the head commentator for the New Jersey Devils. What makes you think he would all of a sudden walk up and come here?

I remember watching Dave Strader when I was a kid, and he was always cool. I still watch him when Center Ice has a Panthers game on.