23 replies to this topic

#21 WhiteCloud

WhiteCloud

Rookie

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ March 7, 2007 - 04:40PM) View Post

That what I'm sayin'. If he and Mike Emrick teamed up for a game, just one game, the entire TV audience and everybody within ten blocks of the arena would be deaf before the first intermission.

I like Doc Emrick. Living in NJ I watch a lot of Rangers and Devils games and he calls a lot of them.

#22 Sentonial Debut

Sentonial Debut

WE ARE THE D

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:14 PM

Larry Murphy was a great hockey player but everytime he announces a game that's all we hear about is his career. plus he just was never meant for television or radio. he stutters and his voice changes volume

#23 scotzman

scotzman

Ramblin' Scotzman

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:22 PM

How can you not love Mickey? The fact the only guys they have in the hopper right now are Murphy and Verbeek is scarey... they need to pull in someone like Hull, a character, because that is what is amazing about Mickey. He breaks up the vanilla of play by play and gives you an inside look into what being a player is all about.

By the way, Murphy, as stated by a few people already, is horrible. He has the personality of a wet paper bag.

Red Wing Fan since 1976

#24 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:38 PM

Larry Murphy could put a man reading law books to sleep. Nothing against him or anything, but he is not a good commentator. He's boring, and really has no chemistry with Ken Daniels like Mickey does.

Verbeek... no. Mickey is much better than Verbeek.

Ken Daniels is a little overexitable, but he's still a good commentator. I know we can say things like "Let's have Chris Cuthbert do games", but that is almost impossible to actually happen. He's a great broadcaster, and I love him, but why would he come to the Wings? Do you think he would walk away from TSN, being that he's one of the lead announcers? No, I don't.

Same thing with Mike Emerik. He does everything. He's on NBC, VS., and he's the head commentator for the New Jersey Devils. What makes you think he would all of a sudden walk up and come here?

I remember watching Dave Strader when I was a kid, and he was always cool. I still watch him when Center Ice has a Panthers game on.