• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Systemfel

Anton Axelsson

Rate this topic

Anton Axelsson surprisingly didn't want to remain with Frölunda for 2007/08 and has now decided to leave his hometown team.

Now, Anton and his agent, former Frölunda defenseman Patrik Aronsson, have made some sort of offer to Detroit and are expecting a decision out of Motown in the next few days. Source is Aftonbladet, but there are direct quotes in there.

From the agent:

"Anton would really like to cross the pond and he wouldn't mind playing in Grand Rapids. We've contacted Detroit and expect to hear from them soon."

Edited by Systemfel

Here is what Hockey Futures has to say:

Talent Analysis

Axelsson is a small winger has strong skating ability and is an intense forchecker. He works hard all over the ice and isn’t afraid of using his body. Axelsson is also a good stick handler who has soft hands in tight and can make plays on the offense. He has a well developed hockey sense and is a good playmaker. He can be used in all situations and has good attitude both on and of the ice. On the down side he needs to add some upper body strength and shoot more.

Axelsson is a smart hockey player who knows what he needs to work on in order to get better.

When asked by affiliate Eliteprospects.com what his strengths and weaknesses are, Axelsson said, “I think that my hockey sense and my skating are some of my strengths and also that I have the physique to work hard all the time. Looking at the weaknesses then I would say that my shot and my passing accuracy could be better, and I could be stronger as well.â€Â

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/anton_axelsson

If its Aftonbladet, wouldn't put too much into it...
No, put lots into it. ;) I don't think they would make up fake quotes.

Btw, Anton is being rumored to Timrå now.

Edited by Systemfel