• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyb1413

Red Wings song

Rate this topic

I was looking for the song that they play at the Joe after the wings win. Some of the lyrics are "Red Wings, Red Wings, c'mon Wings, let's rock"

I was wondering if anyone knows what it is called and where I can find it.

Thanks.

I was looking for the song that they play at the Joe after the wings win. Some of the lyrics are "Red Wings, Red Wings, c'mon Wings, let's rock"

I was wondering if anyone knows what it is called and where I can find it.

Thanks.

It's "Red Wings, my Red Wings c'mon Wings, let's fly". It was the WJR radio spot back in the 80s at least, maybe the 70s, I don't recall. I don't know if you can find it anywhere, I do know that both WDFN and WXYT have it as drops, maybe if you e-mail them, they'd be kind enough to shoot you a copy. I think the irony of them playing it after the Wings win is it harkens back to the days when the Wings were absolutely brutal.

It's "Red Wings, my Red Wings c'mon Wings, let's fly". It was the WJR radio spot back in the 80s at least, maybe the 70s, I don't recall. I don't know if you can find it anywhere, I do know that both WDFN and WXYT have it as drops, maybe if you e-mail them, they'd be kind enough to shoot you a copy. I think the irony of them playing it after the Wings win is it harkens back to the days when the Wings were absolutely brutal.

Thank you for the correction.

Yeah, if you are old enough to remember the late 70's early 80's children's show "Hot Fudge" that was prodcued in Detroit, the guy who sings the Red Wings song--Larry Santos-- was on that show. He was the dude with the beard that hung out with Seymour the green monster muppet thingy (I dont know what he was). This if for anyone who gives a flyin $3%*. Man, I am old.

i would love to hear this song, if anyone gets a hold of it let me know, ive never been to a game at the JLA

Same here.... I would love to hear it :cool: