• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Salviaman

Game announcers for the Predators

Rate this topic

Don't complain, you have alot to look forward to if your Titan's fan, if you were a Lions fan like a lot of us are , wellll........ :unsure:

We just let Drew Bennett and Travis Henry walk. and there isn't much on the market left to sign that would help out. Plus the looming prospect that they might cut Pacman Jones just to be rid of his off-field problems. Maybe in 2-3 years we'll be better, but next season could actually be a slight dip for the Titans. Vince is great, but he can't win games by himself.

you just haven't seen as many games from them maybe. they've called out our own players for being stupid and dirty. And you're acting like they just berate the wings and make up lies about them for 60 minutes, grow up.

the thing is..i wish when i pay good money for the hockey pack that i would get to pick the announcers that i hear..then that would stop all the belly aching.=)

In the games I've heard Mickey do, I have never heard him refer to the players from any other team as dirty. Only the Oil announcers and Terry and Pete have I ever heard slamming players on the opposing team. Sure, all anouncers are homers to an extent, but it seems like most broadcasting teams at least have some respect for the team they're playing, and don't all but call the opponents cheaters. Hell, I've heard Mickey talking about how terrible our players are playing, or that someone just took a dumb penalty. Never heard him say "Paul Kariya is a dirty player, because he dives all the time" or anything like it.

Please someone inform me on who is a "Dirty" player on the Detroti Red Wigns roster. (Players that have played fo Detroit this year so far, not Bertuzzi).

Kronwall is working on that reputation. And that's been noted by several posters on this very site. He's a damn good hitter, but sometimes he can get a little carried away.

And don't act like Chelios and Maltby haven't had their fair share of "dirty" accusations from all across the league, not just nashville announcers.

We all like to think that our teams are squeaky clean, our Arena is the loudest, our fans the classiest and so on. But every team has a dirty player, stupid fans and other assorted black marks on their franchise that they're not proud of.

We just let Drew Bennett and Travis Henry walk. and there isn't much on the market left to sign that would help out. Plus the looming prospect that they might cut Pacman Jones just to be rid of his off-field problems. Maybe in 2-3 years we'll be better, but next season could actually be a slight dip for the Titans. Vince is great, but he can't win games by himself.

*cough* ROSEBOWL *cough* :P

Edited by Salviaman

You have to admit though, a LOT more promise than the Lions, and not to totally derail this thread, but with the Nashville market booming these days, why do you guys NOT have a baseball team? (MLB, that is..)

Every team's announcers display a certain level of homerism. Pete Weber and Terry Crisp are certainly no exception, nor are Eli Gold and Willy Daunic (radio announcers).

Now, anyone that says that Terry Crisp doesn't know his hockey just laid their ignorance before everyone else to see. As a play-by-play man, Pete does a good job of calling the game. He's accurate and keeps up with the speed of the game.

I will also admit that they tell too many stories, particularly when those spill over during the game. It's irritating, especially if the game isn't on TV and we are relying on their announcing. While their stories can be very funny, I don't want to hear them at the expense of the game.

Terry is also generally known for calling it like he sees it. Keep in mind that he sees from the perspective of a traditionalist and of a former Broadstreet Bully. If Nashville is awarded a power play from a bad call, he'll typically say that "he doesn't see it, but we'll take it I guess". Sometimes, he'll just say "OK" with an obvious tone of disagreement. He absolutely hates the "Delay of Game" call made when a puck is shot over the glass, regardless on which team the call is made.

When it comes to hitting, he will usually side with the hitter (again, his roots).

When they are calling/analyzing the game, they are very good. They can definitely tell too many stories, and be homers on occasion. I won't deny either.

David

Edited by drsingle

You honestly think Arnott drove his elbow into Lebda's head?

Anyway, I think Pete and Terry are awesome. They have fun calling games, they're funny guys and they really know their s***. They're homers of course, but every announcer is, Redmond is just as bad as the rest of the league. I've heard him make some ridiculous statements as well. Plus Pete and Terry are very nice guys to meet and talk with, Pete Weber posts on our message boards once in a while, and there aren't many guys in hockey who can tell a better story than Terry Crisp.

Yeah.

Actually last night, Mickey was complaining about a few calls aganist the Preds. As ridiculous as some of his statements are, he always gives credit where its due to other teams, and calls the Wings out when need be. He never tries to spew false crap about other teams so the fans can sit at home like "hur, hur hur!!, that's what I'm talkin bout!"

the thing is..i wish when i pay good money for the hockey pack that i would get to pick the announcers that i hear..then that would stop all the belly aching.=)

It's usually hard to find a good broadcast. Vancouver's guys are pretty good. But usually you'll either find very homerish calls, or if a guy is trying to be un-biased, it ends up being a bland and booring broadcast. I like Detroit, Nashville, Pittsburgh and Vancouver. I really couldn't comment on St. Louis and Chicago, I can't stand to listen to those feeds for more than 2 minutes, just the tone of voice and the way the pronounce words, draw them out and such, it's a very difficult listen.

I do like the Montreal broadcast... but I never know what they're saying :P

You have to admit though, a LOT more promise than the Lions, and not to totally derail this thread, but with the Nashville market booming these days, why do you guys NOT have a baseball team? (MLB, that is..)

MLB will put a team in Las Vegas before they ever put one in Nashville. Plus Nashville wont ever get a MLB team, no one will support them, everyone around the South are gung-ho balls out Atlanta Braves fans. They are better off getting a NBA team from some city like Memphis.

MLB will put a team in Las Vegas before they ever put one in Nashville. Plus Nashville wont ever get a MLB team, no one will support them, everyone around the South are gung-ho balls out Atlanta Braves fans. They are better off getting a NBA team from some city like Memphis.

yeah when i lived there that all you seen were the braves this braves that...i hate hate hate the braves.

i did love going to see the sounds play...now that im in texas..i always go see the express play when the sounds come into town.

Edited by Lint123

it could happen if the Preds ever moved. But we're not big enough at the moment to support 3 teams. Plus fans are really fickle around here, there are even a lot of empty seats when the titans are doing poorly. I couldn't imagine trying to fill a 30,000 seat baseball stadium for 81 games a season in this town.

We like our minor league team, Nashville Sounds. They draw a pretty decent crowd, I think 7,500 per game or something around that. We're supposed to be getting a new stadium built for them on the riverfront down town, but it's been delayed so much, now there are questions about funding.

I really think that if we ever got a baseball team, it would be almost the same situation as the Preds are in right now. There are so many Braves fans in the area, they'd struggle for attendance and then sell out every braves game. And the true nashville fans would end up hating the one who root for nashville all season until the braves show up.

but overall, it's not really ever on the table for discussion until the Preds are gone. Which is hopefully NEVER.

Take my word for it because i live 30 minutes out of memphis. Memphis doesnt really support the grizzlies. Most of the games come no where close to selling out, even when they made the playoffs.

no doubt about that one. And I like the Grizzlies. I don't get into that whole Nashville vs Memphis thing, I like both cities and I hope both do well for the sake of Tennessee. I hoped that Jerry West would turn that franchise around, but it doesn't seem to be so, his player moves are questionable at best.

But for anyone who thinks the Preds have trouble in non-traditional Nashville, check out the Grizzlies in Memphis, and that OUGHT to be a good basketball town.

Memphis really pushed for the grizz. Then turn around and the FedEx Forum isn't even half full, and the ticket prices are relatively cheap for a professional sporting event. Most of the time when i hear advertisments for the grizz they are advertising the other team that is coming in to play. I guess most of it has to do with how bad downtown memphis is, except for beale street downtown is nasty

Edited by Redwings-40-5

You honestly think Arnott drove his elbow into Lebda's head?

You just lost a lot of credibility with me. I have no idea how you can think that elbow was not intentional. When you hit someone cleanly you keep your elbows to yourself. When you raise your elbom that's because you want to hurt someone. Have you ever played?

I don't think the Predators play-by-play and their color-commentator on FSN South are that bad. I missed the hit on Lebda, but I still think that dangerous hits like that can happen because of a mismatch in height. Sure he's still accountable for it - but it may not be intentional as most would think.

Did the FSN South announcers actually bluntly say "dirty" or "cheap?" It's not like Ken and Mick don't ever claim a hit was iffy. The bottom line is though, is that they are just trying to do their job and call the game - and sure, there probably is gonna be a bit of 'biasness' (but that is to be expected of most regional sport commentators). Really though - before you start trashing the Nashville announcers, maybe some of you should listen to Ken "Hawk" Harrelson of the Chicago White Sox. :D

Edited by aflac9262

"So, I have to ask you? If you were a hotdog, and were starving to death, would you eat yourself? I know I would. I'd slather myself with mustard. I'd be delicious!"

I have the Center Ice package. When the Wings aren't playing I look for Nashville's game to see how they are doing. Terry is cool but the other guy, gheesh. Even though I like TC I could do without so many Bubbas.

Bottom line: Wings crew = homers, Preds crew = homers. They are supposed to be.

One thing that really killed me was the Nichol sucker punch. Both of the TV guys defended and indefensible act. Saw it with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears. I'm going to look for it on you tube. You will lose respect for "bubba".

Edit: Found it.

Listen to this moron. "simply retaliated for getting drilled into the net" :rolleyes:

Remember the days when dudes squared up and dropped the gloves?

Edited by cincywingfan

You just lost a lot of credibility with me. I have no idea how you can think that elbow was not intentional. When you hit someone cleanly you keep your elbows to yourself. When you raise your elbom that's because you want to hurt someone. Have you ever played?

You put your arm out there to keep a guy from slipping out of the check. You people act like he actually went elbow first into Lebdas head and drove it into the glass. In reality, he came in for the check, tried to get his arm in front of Lebda to make sure he was able to finish the check, and it came up and got Lebda in the head while he was falling down. It could have easily been a no call, so stop acting like Jason Arnott is scum of the earth for head hunting. :thumbdown:

Edited by Legionnaire11

I can't stand Terry Crisp, I wish someone would lock him in a room and make him say Detroit over and over again until her gets it right, Detroyat is what comes out of his mouth. He also adds a Y to every players name. When he gets excited its hard as hell to understand the bable coming out of his mouth.