• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Salviaman

Game announcers for the Predators

Rate this topic

I live 2 hours from Nashville, and evreytime I go see them play the Red Wings the fans are so damn stupid and ignorant. I can always hear some people around me say "what is icing?" or "man Detroit's goalie is almost as good as Vokoun." And the worst part of it is when Nashville scores they play that god awful piece of crap country song "I like it, I love it, I want some more of it". There fanbase is filled with jackasses, they jsut need to stick to cheering on the Titans, at least the win some playoff games. :P

So I take it you're an Alabama Crimson Tide fan :P ??? Perhaps they should play some 'Skynyrd'? Sweet Home Alabama, perhaps. I'm not a country music fan; but I recognize the need to associate with a major billion dollar industry in its town. Tim McGraw is a major name in music that people all over the globe recognize. I don't follow NASCAR; but I know who Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon are.

Unfortunately, Detroit has a name in hockey that folks w/ a casual interest in hockey or want to see what it's all about, recognize and check out a game. There's a percentage that will be clueless. Wouldn't it be better to help them learn and help keep NHL hockey in the South and thrive, where you can see your beloved Wings once in a while? You had to learn hockey from somewhere and I'm sure you asked the same questions at one point in time. It's not that big of a deal and good way to meet people and make contacts from time to time.

As far as Pete and Terry go, I like them for the fact that they are goofballs and seem approachable. The kind of guys you could go out and have a beer with and feel like you would fit in just fine. Plus Terry has won Cups as a player and as a coach, so he know hockey as well as a bit of homerism to keep the fans going. Heck, there are a lot of times folks down here think he has a 'man crush' on the Red Wings the way he talks about them. They are way better than the Columbus guys. Those guys put me to sleep.

Listen to this moron. "simply retaliated for getting drilled into the net" :rolleyes:

Remember the days when dudes squared up and dropped the gloves?

Apparantly Spacek doesn't know anything about squaring up and dropping the gloves. Nichol shouldn't have hit him, that was a horrible act. BUT how does Spacek upend Nichol into the post like that, and then not even turn around? He has to know that someone is coming for him.

Heck, there are a lot of times folks down here think he has a 'man crush' on the Red Wings the way he talks about them.

It's true, there are a lot of times when Preds fans complain on the boards about Crispy being in love with the Wings and being Biased for them. I never see it, but some people apparantly think so. It was bad enough a few weeks ago that Pete Weber actually had to come onto the message boards to defend Terry Crisp and let everyone know that the Wings are not Crispy's favorite team.

I can't stand Terry Crisp, I wish someone would lock him in a room and make him say Detroit over and over again until her gets it right, Detroyat is what comes out of his mouth.

Funny because everyone in Detroit pronounces it wrong anyway if you want to be technical. Founded by the French and pronounced Deh-Twa

Edited by Legionnaire11

I agree, he should have expected Nichol to take issue.

plus, not that it justifies Nichol at all. But he had that happen to him before, and ended up going head first into the end boards, he was lucky not to have broken his back. So, he took even more exception to the hit than most players would. Still should have taken an extra step and got in front of Spacek to confront him.

one thing i can't stand worse then a reg nashville fan is a smart one..damnit!!!

we pronounce our towns wrong down here too though. I mean, it's spelled Nashville... Nash... Ville. Pretty easy. But it always ends up Nayashuhville. And I can't ever seem to grasp when to pronounce a town with a Ville or a Vulle. Nashville is pronounced with a Ville. But Knoxville is pronounced with a Vulle. And Louisville... wow. Loovull. How does that happen?

Yzerman is Canadian and I've never heard him say it.

Crispy drinks a lot more than Yzerman :blush:

we pronounce our towns wrong down here too though. I mean, it's spelled Nashville... Nash... Ville. Pretty easy. But it always ends up Nayashuhville. And I can't ever seem to grasp when to pronounce a town with a Ville or a Vulle. Nashville is pronounced with a Ville. But Knoxville is pronounced with a Vulle. And Louisville... wow. Loovull. How does that happen?

Crispy drinks a lot more than Yzerman :blush:

hahaha oh man i know what you mean...i heard those all the time. Louisville is the best=) and my parents always went to Knoxvulle to see the vols play..hahaha

I mean these guys are usually ok and know hockey pretty well, but last night when I was watching the game they were calling Detroit players "dirty players" and "dirty hitters" and bulls*** like that. Who the hell is a "dirty player" on Detroit anyways? But when Arnott elbowed Lebda in the head they just said "Lebda is a short player and got elbowed in the head because Arnott is a tall guy", that doesn't excuse the piece of s*** for lifting his elbow and driving it into the head of Lebda like he did. And when Webber threw down Calder in his own zone after missing the check on him they just said something like "well if they dont call penalty's on Detroit then they shouldn't call them on us for that" which the Refs didnt call anything on it. All in all I guess they are TRYING to make it a rivalry, but it's Nashville...

I remember the same thing happening when we played chicago a little while back. The announcers were all over the wings for there dirty hits, etc. Oh well.....As long as we keep embarrassing them like we did that night I'll be fine.

Legionnaire, IMHO is one of the most intelligent posters here in LGW, ( he simply roots for the wrong team, that's all.. :lol: )

I agree.. :clap: Leave poor Legionnaire alone, he's a good guy. He can't help that the GM took a huge gamble on Forsberg and he's already hurt again. :P JK..

I know.. I know, Bertuzzi hasn't exactly lit up the scoreboard yet either. :D

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Ridiculous. The only dirty players on the wings are Bertuzzi and Chelios and Chelios isn't even that bad anymore.

the Titans... who have been one of the worst teams in football over the last 4 years. :zzz:

Quit bitching we have the lions lol.

Just because they pronounce it that way doesn't make it correct.

Via my friend with a degree in linguistics, words are defined geographically and culturally.

So, since the culture in the Detroit area pronounces it one way, that is the way it should be pronounced, whether the original French way was different or not.

Words and their meanings change with culture.

Just because they pronounce it that way doesn't make it correct.

So what? Let's all go to Canada and educate those mispronouncin' motherf***ers? Gimme a break. There's nothing wrong with "Detroy-it" (or Detroooooyit, if you're Bob Cole). You're really reaching for things to dislike if that's what you're on about.

Dude, I don't really care, but it seemed like you were justifying it by saying they do it because they are Canadian. I was just pointing out that it doesn't justify it, but yeah, I don't really care how they say it.

Funny because everyone in Detroit pronounces it wrong anyway if you want to be technical. Founded by the French and pronounced Deh-Twa

hahaha i never knew that

Guest GordieSid&Ted

You honestly think Arnott drove his elbow into Lebda's head?

Anyway, I think Pete and Terry are awesome. They have fun calling games, they're funny guys and they really know their s***. They're homers of course, but every announcer is, Redmond is just as bad as the rest of the league. I've heard him make some ridiculous statements as well. Plus Pete and Terry are very nice guys to meet and talk with, Pete Weber posts on our message boards once in a while, and there aren't many guys in hockey who can tell a better story than Terry Crisp.

Is this the same Mickey Redmond who was calling out what should have been penalties on Detroit that weren't called? Is this the same Mickey Redmond that was complaining about the ticky tack hooking call on Hamhuis I think in the 1st period?

Sorry my friend, Redmond is not near the level of homer of the 2 Nashville guys. One Preds game I watched, i can't remember who they played, I actually had to come in here and make a comment on how that was the worst case of homerism i've seen. They were pretty terrible. I'm not saying they're always like that but they were god awful that game.

By the way, I'd love to for the Nashville announcers, fans, whatever to actually point out Detroit's dirty players.

They think Chelios is dirty because of the way he played in the 80's and 90's. They have no concept that Chelly is nowhere near the nasty player he was 10 years ago. Seriously, has Chelly ever been mixed up in any dirty plays? You never see Chelly on the highlights two-handing somebody or cross-checking them in the head.

They think Maltby is a dirty player because he hits people. How many boarding, charging and elbowing calls has Malts had against him? This from the announcers of a team who love Jordin Tootoo who basically could be called for charging on every single hit he delivers. Look it up in the rulebook and watch the guy carefully. Sometimes he takes 10 strides to deliver a hit. But they just love him in Nashville cause he's not dirty, he just plays hard. Not too mention he's one of the league notorious divers.

So who else could be dirty on the Wings? Markov? Let's see, he's laid like one notable hit on anybody all year and other than that hasn't been involved in anything controversial to my knowledge.

Franzen? Please, the guy plays hard and shoves people when they shove him.

Maybe the Nashville base thinks Lang and Hudler are dirty players? Wait, maybe its Datsyuk and Zetterberg? Oh, I know, perhaps its Lidstrom and Hussey. Yes, it must be that brute Hussey.

Maybe they are so deluded they think its Holmstrom. The guy that has to wear extra padding because he takes more illegal abuse than any other player in the league.

About the only guy on Detroit's roster that could even be considered dirty, and its a stretch, is Schneider. Schneider has been known to get the elbow and his arms and stick up on people. I won't argue that. But when Matt Schneider is the dirtiest player on the Wings, its hard to call the Wings a dirty team.

Tootoo and the crease, crashing, intentional goalie injuring Hartnell alone are 5 times dirtier than the entire Wings roster.

One of the usual Nashville commentators isn't bad, but the other guy with him, "Bubba" or something...is a complete f***in hick who generally seems to have no idea who the players are outside of the Predators and is easily confused by the course of the game.

It's usually hard to find a good broadcast. Vancouver's guys are pretty good. But usually you'll either find very homerish calls, or if a guy is trying to be un-biased, it ends up being a bland and booring broadcast. I like Detroit, Nashville, Pittsburgh and Vancouver. I really couldn't comment on St. Louis and Chicago, I can't stand to listen to those feeds for more than 2 minutes, just the tone of voice and the way the pronounce words, draw them out and such, it's a very difficult listen.

I do like the Montreal broadcast... but I never know what they're saying :P

I dont know what some of the other Texans on this forum think, but I happen to think Dallas' Ralph Strangis and Darryl Razor Reaugh are top-notch. They love the Stars no doubt, but they always tell it like it is. If the Stars make a mistake, Strangis will say so. Razor can be a bit over the top with his vocabulary and comparisons, but he adds alot of style to the broadcast. I loathe the Stars, but I think these guys are great...

On the other hand, the Carolina Hurricanes announcers are the ABSOULTE WORST I've heard in sports...

things I've heard them say before:

"that the refs were biased towards montreal because of their great history in the playoffs" - last year's playoffs

"the Canes have done a great job never giving up today" - down 5-1 to Atlanta in the 3rd

"That shouldn't be a goal, as soon as the puck touches a goalie in a SO, its a save"- after Mike Modano's GW Shootout goal hit the knob of Martin Gerber's stick...

and the obnoxious sayings...I dont want to hear "everybody loves raymond" or the "wizard does it again" everytime Ray Whitney scores....the wizard???? wtf.

oh yeah...Hey Hey What Do You Say its _________________!!!!!!!!! (insert goal scorer here)

absolute tools.

Edited by WingFanInStarLand

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I agree.. :clap: Leave poor Legionnaire alone, he's a good guy. He can't help that the GM took a huge gamble on Forsberg and he's already hurt again. :P JK..

I know.. I know, Bertuzzi hasn't exactly lit up the scoreboard yet either. :D

I like Legionairre, he's a good poster. I hadn't read all of the posts when I made my initial one so I thought it was funny that he mentioned Maltby and Chelios as being dirty.

I love how they (maybe not Legionairre) that the Wings are a dirty team when Schneider and Lebda lead the team in PIM's at 54 and 51, respectively.

Lang 48

homer 46

Draper 46

Kronner 44

Lids 42

Markov 41

Maltby 36

Chelios 24 PIMS in 58 games....he's a killer

Whereas Nashville has 8 players with more PIM's than Schneider's 54. Obviously PIM's don't necessarily mean rough stuff or dirty play but there's a definite correlation in there. You look at Detroit's roster. Our guys don't pick up majors, they don't pick up game misconducts or instigators, we hardly ever get called for elbowing or boarding. If 'dirty' play was equated with being lazy and getting called for hooking, then yes the Wings would by far be the dirtiest team in the league.

To even mention that Detroit is a dirty team or has dirty players is outright ridiculous. The Wings are arguably the most docile team in the league. We don't and can't fight. We don't start fights. We don't start scrums. We hardly lay a hand on anybody who jabs at or runs our goalies. We don't stick up for each other when our guys get leveled. It goes on and on. Detroit dirty? Please, that's the biggest load of bulls*** i've ever heard and to think somebody of Crisp's intelligence and knowlege would even begin to think that with the freaking murderer's row of not so clean guy's on his own roster is just baffling to me.

Pete Weber is a novice play-by-play man...he's a wannabe Rick Jeanneret, plain and simple. Terry Crisp sucks, too...he's way too wacky to be an analyst. IMO there are two kinds of analysts, the kind of people who are objective and realistic, and those that exaggerate and are unrealistic. Crisp is definitely the latter.

As bad as the Nashville and Detroit broadcasts are, nothing tops the blatant homerism of the Avs announcers. The play-by-play guy actually says, "Thank you thank you thank you insert Avs goal scorer here. They are the NHL version of those two jackasses that took over for Ernie Harwell and George Kell on the Tiger broadcasts.

Edited by Wingsfan31