• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

Photos from DET vs. NSH 3/6

Rate this topic

When the tickets for 2006-07 were released, I had the luck to snag two tickets in row three of section 128. I'm a semi-pro sports photographer and decided to take along a camera that meets JLA's camera policy. My weapon of choice was my back-up digital SLR, a Nikon D70, with an 18-70 lens. Here's some of what I got:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Calder... Homer understudy

IPB Image

Is it a goal?!?!? We don't know, Vokoun's sitting on the evidence!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Seconds before Nashville goal #3.

IPB Image

Nashville SO goal

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Frazenstein about the tie the bow on the game.

IPB Image

I liked the contrast with Vokoun in the background on this one.

Edited by Gizmo

I love both the pics of Pasha...you took some great shots.

I'm going to the game Sunday and I hope I get as lucky with pics as you did.

What do you mean, your camera meets JLA policy? I thought all photography was not permitted?
Cameras are permitted as long as the lens is not over 80mm and you don't use the flash. Edited by Gizmo

Gizmo, some of these are great shots! Man, I'm curious about the stuff that wasn't "the best" of the shots that you picked to post up, they all look interesting. And that long-ice shot of Oz and Vokoun way down on the other end... is pretty cool, head aside.

That shot of Dats in warm-ups I like too. But I'm afraid this is my fav:

IPB Image

Ozzie looks so damn sad! The saddest goaltender in the world ever to hold a martini.

I'm curious about the stuff that wasn't "the best" of the shots that you picked to post up, they all look interesting.
The rejects were due to any combination of: out of focus, motion blue, bad composition, the guy in front of me stood up, etc.

BTW, thanks for the comments. I figured the chances of me getting those seats, or ones like them, are pretty slim unless I want to pay $$$ on the secondary market. I've been shooting my son's Pee-Wee games this season http://community.webshots.com/user/Gizmologist and thought I'd give the Wings a shot!

I agree that Ozzie looks "sad", but I interpreted that it looked more like "deep thought". Why I took it, my son said "Nice, Dad! You got him pulling his pants up!"

Edited by Gizmo