• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
viking58

Only in Detroit

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Ha, that's pretty cool. It's just like the custom arenas back in the old "NHL Hitz" series. :P

:lol:

It definitely isn't playing hockey in a backyard flooded out rink on your pa's farm somewhere in Canada, that's for sure. Even though the idea of having a bunch of pillars in the way is just agitating as hell.. I'd be down with giving that a try.

Talk about suddenly having the force of Todd Bertuzzi on your side if you spin past one of 'em and your buddy isn't wise to his surroundings for an instant. Only this version of Bert doesn't even need to move to take the other guy out.

Nice link man. :beerbuddy:

Reminds me of the parking garage roller hockey games at WMU.

The parking meeters were always looking for the big hit.

one of my roller hockey teams used to practice in this church parking lot that had a big island in the middle of it... really limited your space at center ice lol. Funny too because the minister told us we could practice out there(one guy on the team went to his church) and we were fine for a month, and then one day he decided to call the cops and say that he never gave us permission.

Edited by Legionnaire11

I saw this link yesterday and had just assumed they were playing roller hockey. Very cool it was on ice.

one of my roller hockey teams used to practice in this church parking lot that had a big island in the middle of it... really limited your space at center ice lol. Funny too because the minister told us we could practice out there(one guy on the team went to his church) and we were fine for a month, and then one day he decided to call the cops and say that he never gave us permission.

hahaha awesome..in my younger,skinnier days (body by dell) we use to play in a roller rink and the floor wasn't flat..it had humps all in it..it was crazy skating on it.=)

Talk about an awsome story. That would be so much fun to be able to play in that game.

ONLY IN DETROIT!!!!!

hahaha awesome..in my younger,skinnier days (body by dell) we use to play in a roller rink and the floor wasn't flat..it had humps all in it..it was crazy skating on it.=)

Where abouts are you, I'm in AO1

Can you imagine the beating those guys' blades took skating on that ice surface??? :crazy:

Whats wrong with that ice surface?

Somewhere in those pictures there's a caption that says the ice is 36" deep! Can you imagine if that's true?!? :crazy:

Whats wrong with that ice surface?

I would imagine that it is akin to skating on a lake, which can be brutal on your skates, unless they reflooded and scraped it very well....

Cool story and cool pics. I really doubt that people playing in an abandoned building gave a crap whether it dulled their blades.

What I read was: "Hockeytown Hockeytown Hockeytown Hockeytown Hockeytown Hockeytown"

Actually, it does look pretty fun, but that article was beyond amateur.