• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

NHL on NBC, Sun 3/11, 12:30et

Rate this topic

Yeah. I bet half of the guys didn't even get up until noon last Sunday, so they better have some caffeine this time around.

Well we all know what happend last weekend when we played at this time, im sure babs won't let that happen again

anyone else agree that this is way too early for a hockey game?

I do. On the flipside I'm vaguely attracted to the idea just to do breakfast + hockey for one and one time only (seriously, that's a one-two punch like someone being hot and having the personality of your dreams is nearly perfection, you just gotta combine them if you can hit JLA that early)

.. but yeah, honestly the game ends and by the time the evening comes around you're like, "What? There was a game today? ...Oh, yeah." It'd be smart if someone interviewed part of the team about the early noon start. I still think that 3p is too early a start for hockey, let alone noon-time... people usually are trying to do other things, -then- sit on their butts to watch later.

Wings rule the airwaves! And yes, that is waayyy too early for a hockey game. I hate day games, perry-odd, since I expect the players to be out of sorts and sleepy.

On the other hand, to quote Babs: "They (referring to the other team) were ready, so why weren't we?" Good point. It's early for both teams.

:cool:

Guh...looks like I'm going to the CI feed. No HD for me...stupid Rangers. :P

I got to see a Wings game (replay) on my friend's HD TV home theatre set up a few weeks ago. OMG. What a difference... :blink: it was awesome.

No. such. thing.

It depends. I think someone can have both of what they want, but it's rare and gets more difficult per how picky they are. Way to go, life.

And besides... have you forgotten so soon? J Dub is only five hours away now, Bobby, he's not gone. Don't be bitter! ;)

Hey gang, I'm gonna BE at that game, so don't tell me it's too early! It means I'm getting up around 6AM Sunday morning. But let me tell you, for the chance to see Pasha and the guys, I'd stay up all night if I had to!

It depends. I think someone can have both of what they want, but it's rare and gets more difficult per how picky they are. Way to go, life.

And besides... have you forgotten so soon? J Dub is only five hours away now, Bobby, he's not gone. Don't be bitter! ;)

Don...you're evil.

Hey gang, I'm gonna BE at that game, so don't tell me it's too early! It means I'm getting up around 6AM Sunday morning. But let me tell you, for the chance to see Pasha and the guys, I'd stay up all night if I had to!

You're going to have a BLAST Pat! I'm so excited for you.

nice. have fun!

12:30pm is a great time for a Hockey game on tv. Sucks for the players but for the fans it's great. Plus its on a Sunday and no one does anything but be lazy on a Sunday.

Guest Crymson

anyone else agree that this is way too early for a hockey game?

Hey, you don't have it that bad-- it comes on at 10:30AM where I live.

Well we all know what happend last weekend when we played at this time, im sure babs won't let that happen again

I hear Lang throws wild parties, though he never gets up from the couch during them.

I live in North Carolina and the satellite guide is showing... drum roll please.... you guessed it, college basketball. ACC Tourney.

At least I know they are SUPPOSED to be showing Carolina so the Red Wings will not be blacked out of Center Ice.

This sport is never going to grow in the south if they don't show it. Oh well, I know which team I'd be watching anyway...

I live in North Carolina and the satellite guide is showing... drum roll please.... you guessed it, college basketball. ACC Tourney.

At least I know they are SUPPOSED to be showing Carolina so the Red Wings will not be blacked out of Center Ice.

This sport is never going to grow in the south if they don't show it. Oh well, I know which team I'd be watching anyway...

haahah youre from wilmington, rooting for unc wilmington last tourney? Gw here :P

Last playoffs Detroit lost both weekend afternoon games against Edmonton in the 1st Round, not that I'm complaining.

What I've always wondered is why do American teams or television stations love to schedule weekend afternoon games?

For the true fans, hockey should be played in the evening. I'm sure if you poll the players they would prefer night games instead of afternoons. At times it was weird having no hockey on a Saturday night during the playoffs.

Is it because Americans are accustomed to watching NBA and NFL in the afternoon?