• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
My GF Wishes I Was Hank

Getting Anxious

Rate this topic

I dont think thats what viper meant, he just eant that bertuzzi isnt affraid to stick up for his team.

And that was my original point. I think he would be happy to leave that up to others. He may do some pushing and shoving, but he's just not going to concern himself with making that a big part of his game.

And that was my original point. I think he would be happy to leave that up to others. He may do some pushing and shoving, but he's just not going to concern himself with making that a big part of his game.

Exactly, well its never been a huge part of his game, but hes never been affraid to do so,which is what i liked about him.

Exactly! Nailed it. Were you canuck fans upset when he left or good ridence?

I felt it was time for a change all around. Both Bert and Crow. Bertuzzi carried too much baggage in a Canucks jersey and I felt it was affecting the dressing room. Last year kind of proved that. Maybe Vigneault could've made Bertuzzi a presence again, but I'm just as glad for the change, and let's face it, we got Luongo so there's no one unhappy with the way the trade worked out.

I will always miss Bert's style of play, his battles with Chelios and Willie Mitchell and others, and I have a lot of great memories of watching him play. No hard feelings on my part, and from what I see, most Canucker's feel the same. I'm sure there'll be some boos in GM Place when he returns though, more-so if he's playing well like we wanted him to. That would be a bit of kick in the nuts.

the thing with Bert is that everyone knows how tough he can be, everyone knows what he brings to the table. With that said, he doesnt really have to display that because noone really calls him on it. His presence alone makes the other teams aware of it and because of that, he can play the skillful game that he plays. With that said, if someone were to call him out on it, you can sure as hell bet he would go out there and show them whose boss!

I felt it was time for a change all around. Both Bert and Crow. Bertuzzi carried too much baggage in a Canucks jersey and I felt it was affecting the dressing room. Last year kind of proved that. Maybe Vigneault could've made Bertuzzi a presence again, but I'm just as glad for the change, and let's face it, we got Luongo so there's no one unhappy with the way the trade worked out.

I will always miss Bert's style of play, his battles with Chelios and Willie Mitchell and others, and I have a lot of great memories of watching him play. No hard feelings on my part, and from what I see, most Canucker's feel the same. I'm sure there'll be some boos in GM Place when he returns though, more-so if he's playing well like we wanted him to. That would be a bit of kick in the nuts.

Yeah i guess you couldnt be to upset with the fact that you guys got luongo out of it. There were some rumors that we might of gotten him, but we didnt have anything to give up. I think florida wanted to much for him from the wings, and had we given them one of our key players to pick up a goalie we would have skill in the crease but no chemistry in the front lines, so i think we made out pretty well with signing hasek cheap. Although luongo would have been nice....

Yeah i didnt mean enforcer as someone whos automatically gonna drop the gloves to backup his team, but he can stand up for his team in other ways, laying legal ice hits, bumping a few guys around, and yes I am WELL aware of his scoring ability, thats why I was so excited, as said, hes 2 in 1.

But then again i dont think Holland picked him up for just goal scoring either, cause well, we have good players for that already. Detroit needs grit, thats what all the trade rumors and trade news said, and we knew that, so we picked up calder, whos been fantastic, and then bert. We have yet to see what bert can do but in my opinion in no way was his grit and force ignored when he was picked up.

I've been waiting anxiously for this type of post, from Redbrock: "i hope bert steps on Forsberg's 'FOOT' during the second round of the playoffs and Forsberg 'when we play nashville in the second round' and Forsberg sits the rest of the playoffs and detroit goes on to the West Finals vs. '*insert team*' and we win and go to the Cup Finals Vs. Buffalo. then ..........'read sig'"

What have I been waiting for? A fresh crop of "roosters," awarding the Stanley Cup to the Wings before they've even played a single playoff game; last year's "roosters" had to eat crow in the end! Patience Redbrock, and good luck with your high school studies!

Yeah i didnt mean enforcer as someone whos automatically gonna drop the gloves to backup his team, but he can stand up for his team in other ways, laying legal ice hits, bumping a few guys around, and yes I am WELL aware of his scoring ability, thats why I was so excited, as said, hes 2 in 1.

But then again i dont think Holland picked him up for just goal scoring either, cause well, we have good players for that already. Detroit needs grit, thats what all the trade rumors and trade news said, and we knew that, so we picked up calder, whos been fantastic, and then bert. We have yet to see what bert can do but in my opinion in no way was his grit and force ignored when he was picked up.

I think calder has been superb so far. I thought that he was ganna be 2007's Corey cross, but man was i wrong. He didnt seem to be to great in philly, but its obvious that was just because there was noone around him with skill. I think he already has more points in a detroit jersey than he did in a philly's haha. Great pick up. With addition of a healthy bert i think we are in great shape. I would throw him on a line with calder and lang, make it our number 2 line, but thats just me.

Bertuzzi has fought people before, but he's not a full time enforcer. If he does drop the gloves, it will be for a reason. He's not going to be one of these guys that go out and fight for their own enjoyment.

I hope he does well for you and proves a lot of people who I have argued with wrong. I just hope he doesn't play too well against us.

But I have to admit, I'm interested to see Matt Cooke take a run at him. And Bert would take it all in stride. He'd smile as he's getting up off his ass.

I think calder has been superb so far. I thought that he was ganna be 2007's Corey cross, but man was i wrong. He didnt seem to be to great in philly, but its obvious that was just because there was noone around him with skill. I think he already has more points in a detroit jersey than he did in a philly's haha. Great pick up. With addition of a healthy bert i think we are in great shape. I would throw him on a line with calder and lang, make it our number 2 line, but thats just me.

I wouldnt say calder wasnt surrounded by skill in philly, there are plenty of skilled players in philly, the team jsut isnt clicking in my opinion

Agreed i guess i should have worded that differently.

yeah no i got the point though, hes def around a team that clicks now :D

As far of the argument at hand, i think we all have differing concepts of an enforcer, but when I think of someone whos gonna drop the gloves no matter what to fight etc... i call them a fighter, enforcers can go about playing great hockey, legally, and are presence enough to make people think twice about hitting our smaller goal scoring snipers

yeah no i got the point though, hes def around a team that clicks now :D

As far of the argument at hand, i think we all have differing concepts of an enforcer, but when I think of someone whos gonna drop the gloves no matter what to fight etc... i call them a fighter, enforcers can go about playing great hockey, legally, and are presence enough to make people think twice about hitting our smaller goal scoring snipers

Exactly i think we are all right on this concept, things just get lost in translation because everyone has their own thoughts about enforcers and fighters, but in reality we are all really saying the same things.

hahahahaha

OFFTOPIC: yo did you realize we have the same bday? haahha i was being creepy and loooking at your profile, i thought i had clicked mine for a second but it was yours hahahaha :siren:

As much as I don't like Bertuzzi that much personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do on the ice.

It'll be interesting to see if he just goes all out, or if he plays really cautious due to his bad back. Those damn injuries seem to be nagging unfortunately so I wouldn't be surprised if it slows him down a bit.

I am cautiously optimistic though and hope I am wrong. ;)

As much as I don't like Bertuzzi that much personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do on the ice.

It'll be interesting to see if he just goes all out, or if he plays really cautious due to his bad back. Those damn injuries seem to be nagging unfortunately so I wouldn't be surprised if it slows him down a bit.

I am cautiously optimistic though and hope I am wrong. ;)

I dunno it could go either way. He said in an interview that the back is feeling great, but he wasnt going to rush his return. He wants to be ready fully so he can get back into the same style of play that he has always played. With as much time off as he has had im sure the back is going to be ok, but like you said they can be tricky. It will be interesting to see, but i for one can not wait!

I think having Chelios on the team is going to be huge in bringing back Bertuzzi's old game.

In the words of A2Y's IwoCPO:

I’ve got a hunch. I’ve got a hunch that this move is going to be huge. Bertuzzi, had he stayed in Florida, may have been playing by now. That was the chatter leading up to the deadline. Remember? He was supposed to play last Thursday. The Wings are going to stretch out his rehab as far as they can, but I’m betting he’s pretty damn close to healthy. And, he’s going to be a bull in a china shop when he’s finally allowed to suit up.

I’ve got a hunch that Chris Chelios is already in his ear, telling Bertuzzi that the player the Wings need is the abrasive, violent, ass-kicking, immovable force that we saw in Vancouver in ‘02.

And if we get that kind of player?

“He was unreal when he was here in Vancouver,” Naslund said. “He might be the most exciting player they’ve seen here, even more so than Pavel Bure and Alexander Mogilny. He brings so much more than scoring, because he can hit and make plays.”

Somehow, somebody’s gotta let this guy loose. If there’s baggage up there, someone’s gotta shake it and convince Bertuzzi that the most fun he ever had were the years he struck fear into all six opposing players, each for different reasons.

The Wings need Bertuzzi to be reckless and hungry. Violent and tenacious. Healthy first, of course, but after that? Let Dr. Chelios handle it from there.

I think having Chelios on the team is going to be huge in bringing back Bertuzzi's old game.

You know what, i agree with that statement. I think that having Cheli with him that it is going to bring back bertuzzi's old game, and hopefully vice versa. Maybe having Bertuzzi out there will help cheli get back the step he lost. Im not saying that hes not a good player, but hes not what he used to be either (and trust me this is hard for me to say seeing as im a huge chelios fan) but maybe they will feed off eachother and make them both better.

You know what, i agree with that statement. I think that having Cheli with him that it is going to bring back bertuzzi's old game, and hopefully vice versa. Maybe having Bertuzzi out there will help cheli get back the step he lost. Im not saying that hes not a good player, but hes not what he used to be either (and trust me this is hard for me to say seeing as im a huge chelios fan) but maybe they will feed off eachother and make them both better.

That's something I hadn't considered. With the battles between Bert and Chelios in the past, Bertuzzi could see this as an opportunity to impress a fellow competitor who is now a friend and a team-mate. Any little bit of motivation helps with Bertuzzi.

That's something I hadn't considered. With the battles between Bert and Chelios in the past, Bertuzzi could see this as an opportunity to impress a fellow competitor who is now a friend and a team-mate. Any little bit of motivation helps with Bertuzzi.

yeah i agree

that fact of the matter is, since that hit, he's been called a washed up player, doing nothing for florida in that trade, and hes got a lot to prove. If i knew my career was on the line and had to prove something, sure id be cautious, but id sure as hell go out there and show them what i am made of

he only played seven games, what can anyone do in 7 games during the start of a regular season with a new team?