• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KOCUR

The bigest problem the wings will have to solve

Rate this topic

I know that the redwings are a puck possession team but the biggest problem the wings face is that the wings always try and make short passes and drop passes while still in their own zone. Sometimes you just got to get the puck to center ice when in trouble. I wouldnt even mind them icing the puck some. Other teams rarely score on the rush on Detroit it is almost always because the wings try and get to cute in their own zone. Is it just me or did the wings not play that way when scotty was coach?

I think that the Wings tried be cute more offten when Scotty was on the bench. Maybe that had to be because we had so many skilled hall of famers on the team back then.

IMO i don't think that this is the problem. I have always thought that are problem is a lack of grit. I like Calder and think that he has allready added a little bit of grit and has good size to him. I hope that when we get Bert out there he will add even more grit and toughness to this team. I also hope that it will keep teams from taking runs at are skill players. I'm also looking forward, and i guess hoping a lot, that Bert will drop the gloves when needed and stick up for our guys.

Now that the team that ices the puck is not able to change lines, icing it just to relieve pressure isn't a very viable strategy in the NHL. The Wings could stand to dump and chase a little more but you need the horses to do it, and the Wings really don't have a ton of those players.