• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
My GF Wishes I Was Hank

Just thought of a fun game

Rate this topic

I dunno if anyone done this before, but i figured i would try to make a game of this.

Being a huge tigers fane and wings fan,, ive been thinking lately of what tigers player remind me of wings players. And i thought it would be fun to see how other people campared tigers players to wings players. I consider their style of play and place on the team and i have drawn the following tyep of comparisions.

Pudge - backbone of team, brings expereince and skill to team, willing to teach youngsters - Tigers version of Lidstrom

Guillen - Getting slower, but still can hit the ball and play the field like a rookie - Tigers version of Chelios

Inge - Steller on defense, can offer a bit of offense when needed, fast - Tigers version of Draper

Sheffield - Brought in as missing link of tigers - Tigers version of Bertuzzi

Polanco - Clutch hitter, steller defense, gives it his all SHOWS UP IN PLAYOFFS - Tigers version of Zetterberg

Those are the ones that i came up with. What do you guys think?

Um, didn't Polanco go oh-fer in the World Series?

Ill give you that, he didnt show up in the WS but then again noone else in a tigers jersey did either. He was named MVP of the ALCS and without him they would ahve never made it to the Series, so it could go either way.

Curtis Granderson, upcoming young star with lots of potential = Lebda

Good one. I think thats a pretty good comparison. Some of the people may fight you on this saying that Kronwall is the upcoming star with lots of potential, but he hasnt really shown a whole lot yet, where as ledba was kind of a sleeper and has impressed the hell out of me with his speed and ability.

Magglio: maybe a shade past his prime but can put up good numbers and performs in the post-season= Tigers version of Lang

Bonderman: All Star youngster who will ba a force for years to come= Tigers version of Pavel

Robertson: Not the most skilled, but knows what to do to get the job done, up-and-coming youngster who is just coming into his own= Tigers version of Franzen

Magglio: maybe a shade past his prime but can put up good numbers and performs in the post-season= Tigers version of Lang

Bonderman: All Star youngster who will ba a force for years to come= Tigers version of Pavel

Robertson: Not the most skilled, but knows what to do to get the job done, up-and-coming youngster who is just coming into his own= Tigers version of Franzen

Two really goods ones, i was trying to think of someone like dats, but couldnt, bonderman must of slipped my mind because hes perfcet, you could also say verlander is the same thing, both pretty good for dats. I like robertson being the version of the Mule. Kind of fits nicely.

Casey: Not the flashiest player, but knows how to dig down and get the job done= Tigers version of Homer

lol heres a good one:

Leyland: Back from retirement to lead Detroit to the promised land= Tigers version of Hasek :P

Wilson: quality back-up with virtually no drop off when he takes over for the #1 backstop= Tigers version of Ozzie

Thames: Not going to be an all-star, but can put up good numbers when called upon= Tigers version of Sammy

Santiago: a young veteran who performs admirably when put in the game= Tigers version of Cleary

Monroe: Youngster who is really going to be good= Tigers Version of Flipper or Kronner

Edited by rwfan007

Casey: Not the flashiest player, but knows how to dig down and get the job done= Tigers version of Homer

lol heres a good one:

Leyland: Back from retirement to lead Detroit to the promised land= Tigers version of Hasek :P

Wilson: quality back-up with virtually no drop off when he takes over for the #1 backstop= Tigers version of Ozzie

Thames: Not going to be an all-star, but can put up good numbers when called upon= Tigers version of Sammy

Santiago: a young veteran who performed admirably when put in the game= Tigers version of Cleary

Monroe: Youngster who is really going to be good= Tigers Version of Flipper or Kronner

HAHAHA i love the leyland hasek one, thats great. The only one i dont really like is santiago and cleary. Santiago bugs me, whenever he gets to plate all he does is try and bunt. cant really hit.

HAHAHA i love the leyland hasek one, thats great. The only one i dont really like is santiago and cleary. Santiago bugs me, whenever he gets to plate all he does is try and bunt. cant really hit.

but he is great on defense

Shelton: One hit wonder, but better players came in and took his job away= Tigers version of Willy

= All of the Red Wings last year! (Except for Yzerman)

Zetterberg brought his game too.

But i posted a thread on this but it got relocated and i dont know where, but does anyone know any good tiger forums? Something kind of like this letsgowings.com forums but for the tigers? Seasons right around the corner and just looking for somewhere to post.

But i posted a thread on this but it got relocated and i dont know where, but does anyone know any good tiger forums? Something kind of like this letsgowings.com forums but for the tigers? Seasons right around the corner and just looking for somewhere to post.

the only semi-forum i know of is on freep.com... its not good at all, but I don't know of any others

Chris Osgood = Todd "Roller Coaster" Jones

Well it seems that way to many here considering the recent bashing threads :P

Haha a ver good comparison. Both of them get crap. Jones for not getting strikeouts (all though one of the best ground ball pitchers out there) and ozzie for giving up soft goals (but coming through many times in the clutch situations. i like it.

there was a reply earlier comparing santiago to cleary, but i think the more that i think about it that Infante is a good comparison for cleary. Good utility player, can play whereever you need him, and a good all around athlete. Great shape, and great heart.

Have a look at tigerscentral.com. It reminds me a lot of LGW.

Curtis Granderson, upcoming young star with lots of potential = Lebda

Lebda?? Lebda's playing right about at his potential right now. Granderson's more like Hudler. Could be a star but needs to work on a big part of his game. Hudler needs to play better defense, Granderson needs to not strike out so much.