• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsownNHL

Bob Probert

Rate this topic

Make sure to check out the McSorley fight (an all time classic) and the first and second rounds with Domi when he played for the Rangers. Look for Domi holding up the championship "belt" after round 1 and Yzerman mocking him after he lost round 2 to Probie. Also, Probert's KD of Scott Parker when Probie was with the Hawks.

Detroit had the best one-two punch (pun intended) in the league at that time, with Probert and Kocur. And there were other guys willing to go besides them, too. Wow, have things changed.

Kocur and Probert are two of the best fighters of all-time, and to think they were together on the Wings just 15 years ago.

Probert was just all around great fighter, he could take a punch like no one's business and always got stronger as the fight went on.

Kocur had one of the best punches the NHL has ever seen...he could really unleash on somebody.

Make sure to check out the McSorley fight (an all time classic) and the first and second rounds with Domi when he played for the Rangers. Look for Domi holding up the championship "belt" after round 1 and Yzerman mocking him after he lost round 2 to Probie. Also, Probert's KD of Scott Parker when Probie was with the Hawks.

Detroit had the best one-two punch (pun intended) in the league at that time, with Probert and Kocur. And there were other guys willing to go besides them, too. Wow, have things changed.

There's one of Probie on youtube going at it with a young Scott Stevens, and STevens was mostly hanging on for dear life.

Someone as tough as Stevens just trying to survive the fight should put in perspective just how scary it was to fight Bob.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Probert has been on TSN a lot lately and I thought he had his life in order but it appears that may not be the case.

Windsor Star

Also, he was at the Juno Awards in Saskatoon last weekend and appears to be drinking again. Now Magazine Blog

There's one of Probie on youtube going at it with a young Scott Stevens, and STevens was mostly hanging on for dear life.

Someone as tough as Stevens just trying to survive the fight should put in perspective just how scary it was to fight Bob.

Edited by calgirl

What a stroll down memory lane; It really makes me miss those days.

As I have said before the only reason to go to the "Joe" in the 80's and early 90's wasn't just to see Stevie Y score it was to see Probie & Joey fight. Thank God I have some great Red Wings hockey fights on tape and yes I have the McSorley with Don Cherry commentary.

I barely remember Probie in a Wings jersey, the first hockey game I ever watched was when I was 8 and the Wings beat the Sharks that night but lost that series in 94.

Does anyone remember Fedorov going apes*** on somebody that series and getting suspended or something? I remember it was something really shocking and pretty dirty, at least to me at the time.

I think this may be it:

There is a great video of him fighting this guy Kisio too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elxPHJFkrQ0

Probert has been on TSN a lot lately and I thought he had his life in order but it appears that may not be the case.

Windsor Star

Also, he was at the Juno Awards in Saskatoon last weekend and appears to be drinking again. Now Magazine Blog

The Probert arrest for public intoxication and cocaine possession doesn't seem to be getting much attention outside Windsor. The Windsor Star had it as front page news but I haven't seen anything else about it. Maybe, Probert getting arrested is so commonplace that it doesn't even raise eyebrows anymore! I would have have thought talk radio and sports shows would be all over it.

I beleive those charges probie had were thrown out by the judge becuase the cops that charged him or whatever have a history of being a lil shady. But he seems on teh strait and narrow now and one of my favorite wings of all time. I had a probert jersey when i could get a wings jersey. I thought i was bad ass

Federov cross checked one of the Shark players in the head and ended up getting suspended the first few games of the next season. He was incredibly frustrated by the Shark's hooking and holding, and he just snapped, I guess.

It was Jamie Baker.

He was given an eight game suspension for the start of the 94-95 season, but due to the lockout it was reduced to four.