• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jason

Why are the Wings ranked #4?

Rate this topic

Guest Jason

Can anyone explain why the Wings are ranked #4 in the western conference and not second.

Guest LivingtheDream

For once can't we be happy to not be #1 or even close? I say give it a try this year. After all it didn't hurt the Oilers last season or the Ducks under Babcock!Being number 1 only helped us one year.

Nashville's record is so overly-inflated by beating up the weak division this year :)

Yes i kind of hope Nashville takes the presidents trophy so this comment can go to them this time around.

Nashville's record is so overly-inflated by beating up the weak division this year :)

Yes i kind of hope Nashville takes the presidents trophy so this comment can go to them this time around.

:clap: I couldn't agree more. As long as we have home ice for Round One, I'm secretly happy that we don't have that moniker of "Best in the NHL during the regular season"

I've always thought it was silly that the division leaders should be ranked 1-3 and then by points after that, rather than just ranking the entire conference by points.

However, I think there is some logic to it in that if you have 2 strong teams in a division with 3 very weak teams, you could argue that their points would be inflated and the #2 team in that division "maybe" has more points than they would have if they played in a different division.

I know that's a difficult argument to make, but I'm looking for some logic to it. I guess the other logic is that you could theoretically have a divsion winner finish with less points than the top 8 in the conference and therefore miss the playoffs, which would basically mean that divisions are pointless and in that case, you should just get rid of the divisions.