• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingschamps

Simon pulls a McSorley

Rate this topic

ouch...

Hollweg is no saint, but what Simon did was horrible. the guy deserves a big suspension and with such organization as Rangers against him he may as well expect one.

reckless and utterly missing brains. what the * did he think? chopping like that is fine if you're lumberjack, but not in the NHL.

thank you, *******, for making sports highlights in entire US. sure as hell it helps the NHL pave its way to Joe Average... :(

just saw it on sportscenter and melrose says he should be suspended the rest of the season which is only 15 games. i think bettman needs to make an example out of him and he should be suspended for 50 games. if he hit him hard enough with that stick and in the neck, who knows how bad it could of been

definitely. the league oficials needs to show some balls and send a message that such crap is not gonna be tolerated. they left

Bertuzzi and Crawford in the league even when it was a blatant case of reckless behavior and a perfect example of players

(and coaches) having no respect against each other (which is among the NHL biggest problems nowadays). now they got their chance to

do something.

am I the only person that thinks NHL will hand him some 5 games and leave it? :(

Edited by akustyk

The rest of this season, and half of next. Anything less is soft. This makes Bert look like a sweetheart. As was already said, Bert at least used his fists, from behind or not, at least he didn't try to decapitate anybody.

I was just reading about this on ESPN. This is what Simon had to say about it:"I feel bad for taking a penalty that led to us losing the game," said Simon, who cut his remarks short. "I think I'll wait until I talk to the league office, and then I'll answer all questions afterward. I've always been known as a team guy, and I feel real bad about letting the team down." I found it interesting that he only apologized for letting his team down, not for a base-ball style swing at some guys head. :blink:

Good God. That was vile. He will be done for the rest of the season. Not to mention that the league is wide awake in light of what happened to Kaberle.

I think last night was the 3 year anniversary if we can call it that of Bertuzzi and Moore.

Guest nutz2u

This is awful and should be at least the balance of the season suspension. The hit from behind that put Simon facefirst into the glass should have been a penalty. Had it been called then the slash probably would never have happened.The officiating in the league is so inconsistent it makes ya wanna slap em up side the head and say WAKE UP!

Wow, while I don't think Checking a player from behind is all that safe.... Taking a 2 hander to the chin is horrible. This makes the McSorley hit on Brashere (sp?) look like a love tap. I can see the lawyers getting an early start this morning.

If Simon wouldn't of Cut his hair, he could have used is super strength to defeat his enemy as opposed to his rather larger stick.

I don't know what's worse, the McSorley incident or this?

This is worse than the McSorley incident. McSorley's slash wasn't nearly as forceful, and made contact with the helmet only.

That said, Bertuzzi, even though he didn't use his stick, was still worse. Simon and McSorley were 'heat of the moment' actions, while Bertuzzi's was a premeditated assault. That alone makes Bertuzzi's actions worse.

This is awful and should be at least the balance of the season suspension. The hit from behind that put Simon facefirst into the glass should have been a penalty. Had it been called then the slash probably would never have happened.The officiating in the league is so inconsistent it makes ya wanna slap em up side the head and say WAKE UP!

As a fan of hard hitting hockey, I have to disagree that the hit from behind was penalty worthy. It was a clean hit. Both Hollweg and Simon are known for following through with their hits... obviously Simon also follows through with the lumber. Simon has a history of being suspended for cross-checking, kneeing, and an assortment of other bad play. On the ice officiating in this game was/is not the problem. The LEAGUE must throw the book at this goon-ish behavior if we want to see an end to it.

As an Isles fan, the biggest problem that I have is that Simon is a presence we'll probably lose for the season.

Maybe the entire post-season.

He scored the goal early in the game, is a fiesty presence... but doesn't have the mind to keep the lumber down??

He got mad because he took a solid hit... and did something STUPID in retailiation.

In post game rap-up he talked about being a team player... letting the team down... etc.

No apology to Hollweg. WEAK apology to the team. Whatever.

Fine him. Suspend him for the remainder of the season... and the post-season.

Lets put an end to this crap in the league.

well, that was ill-advised, to say the least. Fortunately for Simon, Hollweg seems to be OK, and not disabled (though I haven't checked his status today). Even some of the Isles fanbase think Simon should be gone for the season and playoffs.

He had intent to injure, I would say, since he apologized for letting down the team but not for the attack on Hollweg. Not to say Hollweg is an angel, either, but Simon's rash action led to his team losing the game. I am sure he is sorry about that. <_<

Ah, well... if someone had put that sort of smackdown on a Red Wing, we would be calling for at least a season-ending suspension.

This morning was the 1st time I got to see it absolutely $%^&*$#@ ridiculous! He DEFINITELY needs to be gone the remainder of the season, and playoffs at the very least! Anything less is a joke. The only thing I'm hoping for is that they don't start one of these circuses where the state of NY decides to press assault charges, etc. That is the LAST thing the NHL needs right now... :crazy:

Edited by Winged Scooter

This is worse than the McSorley incident. McSorley's slash wasn't nearly as forceful, and made contact with the helmet only.

That said, Bertuzzi, even though he didn't use his stick, was still worse. Simon and McSorley were 'heat of the moment' actions, while Bertuzzi's was a premeditated assault. That alone makes Bertuzzi's actions worse.

That and Steve Moore's injuries. A large part of the anger against Bertuzzi is because of how badly he hurt Moore. If he had gotten up off the ice, instead of going off in a stretcher, we likely wouldn't still be talking about the incident several years later.

That and Steve Moore's injuries. A large part of the anger against Bertuzzi is because of how badly he hurt Moore. If he had gotten up off the ice, instead of going off in a stretcher, we likely wouldn't still be talking about the incident several years later.

You might not even have talked about it a few days later.

Guest Don Corleone

Whatever suspension is handed out, I hope it's as strict, if not more strict than Bertuzzi's punishment. I would honestly be happy to see him banned forever

If they didn't suspend BertuSHE the rest of his life they won't do it to Simon. Moore won't play the rest of his life. Hollweg got a few stitches.

What a perfect gift to news media everywhere on the anniversary of the Moore incident. A nice video clip they can show over and over to prove hockey is a goon sport and has learned nothing in three years.

This suspension better be a biggie. On ESPN they said Simon has been suspended 5 times before. It's gotta be the rest of the season and all of the playoffs. At least. This guy is a serious repeat offender.

Simon is a tough guy? why the hell didn't he drop the gloves?

I'm not sure I follow you.

There were 7 minutes left in the game. I thought the most serious part of the instigator rule kicks in at 5 minutes.

No, you're right. Simon has no excuse for this one.