• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

NHL goes pink again

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=199380&hubname=nhl

All for a good cause

After the sticks are used, they will be autographed by the players and auctioned on eBay. Last year's effort raised over $176,000.

The NHL could definitely use some good press these days. And I love the idea of big tough hockey players skating around with pink sticks. :D

For a second I thought this was about pink jersies and I was going to flip a switch. But thank God...it's not :) I thought it was pretty cool when they did it last year and I'm pumped that they're doing it again. Very classy.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=199380&hubname=nhl

All for a good cause

The NHL could definitely use some good press these days. And I love the idea of big tough hockey players skating around with pink sticks. :D

My best friend has a pink shirt that says "Tough guys wear pink". Hahahaha

Sounds like a great charity event for both parties. Cancer research can always use more press and money and it's good for the NHL's image to get involved in a visible social cause.

the article says that some of these sticks will be sold in stores...anyone know what stores? I'd love to have one, we lost my aunt to breast cancer a year ago on christmas :( It would be great to have one...

I'm sorry dude. Cancer is a s***ty s***ty thing. All you can do is remember her and help those around you.

I'd love to bid on some as well -- I know they'll quickly elevate above my price range, but I like to do what I can to support breast cancer research. My grandmother lost both of her breasts, but that was about ten years ago now and she's still kicking ass and taking names.

Not every woman (or man, for that matter) who gets breast cancer is so lucky and pulls through as wonderfully as she has. They need all the help they can get.

Guest Don Corleone

Good to see them doing something good especially with all the bad stuff with Simon.

Guest DougBrown17

You've gotta love the NHL for doing things like this. It just shows how classy the NHL really is. You don't see the NFL wearig pink gloves or the NBA wearing pink shoes. :clap:

rad idea. glad to see them doing it again. i got a "replica" so to speak.

they are all made by tps as far i know. i got a wooden pink stick about a year ago. still supports the cause. it was like 25 bucks and some of the proceeds go to the american breast cancer society.

nice curve too. hasn't broken yet. look at hockey giant every once in a while for them...

The first thing that gelled in my head after reading this: Bert + Pink = AWESOMENESS

But he won't be back by the 18th. So my next pick is Cheli. I believe he would be easily the most qualified player on the team to lift the renowned "pink stick."

Edited by Flip-check

And if somebody says that using pink sticks shouldn't be done because it's not 'manly' enough (or ***) for hockey, I will jump through my computer and strangle that person. ;)

AHAHaha... I remember that debate last year when the NHL did this.

Seriously. Raising money for a worthy cause is never a bad thing. I hope it turns out to be even more successful than last year!

The first thing that gelled in my head after reading this: Bert + Pink = AWESOMENESS

But he won't be back by the 18th. So my next pick is Cheli. I believe he would be easily the most qualified player on the team to lift the renowned "pink stick."

In an interview with Cheli on Red Wings Weekly he said that he had lost his sister to cancer. but i dont remember what kind. it very well could have been breast cancer.

i think that the NHL players are setting a good example for present, and future athletes.

Edited by mooose kiiisses