• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ultrapail

Goalie

Rate this topic

I'm a goalie too!

Actually I'm not and never have been one I've just been drinking to try and forget about how bad today was and thought this would be funny.... I'll be on my way now :D

God I need help...

I've played goal for 15 years- I would have played juniors except for some heart trouble I had a fews years back. I took and still take the position very seriously- any questions let me know.

It is one of the most under rated positions in sports and I am not saying that to be self serving whatsoever.

I'm a center in my beer league but I'm not above putting on the pads for drop-in. I think the fewest goals I ever allowed was 10. Earlier this season our regular goalie was out and I couldn't find a replacement. I called 9 guys before I said screw it and decided to do it myself. I showed up at the rink on game day and a couple of players asked who I found for goal. I told them they were looking at him. The locker room went silent for a few seconds, then a couple of guys scrambled for their phones and started calling real goalies.

Well last night at drop in I experienced my first goalie injury. I took a slap shot right in the throat. Somehow it got underneath my protector. Hurt like hell.

Try tucking your chin into your chest when facing high shots. You can still keep an eye on the puck, especially at your feet, and it will help deflect pucks away from your throat.

Well last night at drop in I experienced my first goalie injury. I took a slap shot right in the throat. Somehow it got underneath my protector. Hurt like hell.

I wear a throat guard when I play and have for about 15 years now. It is a clear plastic piece that I have tied at the base of my helmet. I hang it just below the lip of my helmet to prevent shots or deflections from raising up and hitting me in the throat. In 15 years I have never been hit in the throat, but have been hit plenty of times in the head and throat guard area.

The throat guards are not expensive and you can tie it on with used laces. (see the link below $26 and includes laces to tie it on)

http://www.goaliemonkey.com/vaughn-goalie-...vtg5500xxd.html