• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Pittsburgh, Overtime, y'know...

Rate this topic

Yeah, so Pittsburgh wins again in overtime. It seems to be a pretty decent trend lately. Now, I know a few wins have came in a shootout, but there have also been a good number before the shootout. I don't have any legit stats of Pittsburgh record in overtime, but it has to be good, they seem to always take it in clutch situations. Due to laziness, I refused to look up Pittsburgh's OT record, what is it?

But regardless, how will this play out in the playoffs? I think it will turn to Pittsburgh's advantage, seeing as alot of playoff games end in the extra minutes.

Due to this OT success, I see Pittsburgh succeeding in the playoffs. I think for the, making it to round 3 will be good, and I could see it happening. How do you see Pittsburgh doing? Will their seemingly good OT success carry on? You be the judge.

I see them at least making it to the second round. They have so much firepower with Sid, Malkin, Recchi, and a handful of others. The only real flaws I see it the defense and goaltending right now, because the defense doesn't have much depth and Fluery hasn't been playing very good lately. If he can't break out of his slump, the Pens won't last long. They should make it out of the first round though, considering the amount of offense they have. I'd say second round as of right now.

Guest Tunbo Batman

playoff OT is 5 on 5.

but yeah, they are never truly beaten :P

the rangers on the other hand are the Choking Machine 2099.

The Canucks are very good in OT as well

Canucks also haven't had a chance to play in the playoffs with an outstanding goalie. I don't see a high likelihood of them choking this year. Don't see them winning, but choking, nah.

Canucks also haven't had a chance to play in the playoffs with an outstanding goalie. I don't see a high likelihood of them choking this year. Don't see them winning, but choking, nah.

You mean Dan Cloutier isn't an outstanding goalie?

:hehe:

You know, many people assume I'd counteract that with a joke about him being outstanding, but in this case, it's Dan Cloutier. No, he sucks.

Guest Crymson

Yeah, so Pittsburgh wins again in overtime. It seems to be a pretty decent trend lately. Now, I know a few wins have came in a shootout, but there have also been a good number before the shootout. I don't have any legit stats of Pittsburgh record in overtime, but it has to be good, they seem to always take it in clutch situations. Due to laziness, I refused to look up Pittsburgh's OT record, what is it?

But regardless, how will this play out in the playoffs? I think it will turn to Pittsburgh's advantage, seeing as alot of playoff games end in the extra minutes.

Due to this OT success, I see Pittsburgh succeeding in the playoffs. I think for the, making it to round 3 will be good, and I could see it happening. How do you see Pittsburgh doing? Will their seemingly good OT success carry on? You be the judge.

Record inflation!!!!!

I do not see this helping Pittsburgs case AT ALL. Playoff OT is 5 on 5, and there is no Shootout.

In the playoffs, you dont score 4 goals game after game. It seems like if the Pens dont score AT LEAST 4 goals, they lose. Fleury has AT LEAST 8 wins this season when he has 4+ goals scored against.

Teams will shut down Pittsburg's offense and once that happens, its all over.