• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

3/11 GDT: Bruins @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

Man is Draper useless offensively. This guy lost whatever hands he might have had during his 24 goal season.

I love the guy as he still works extremely hard, kills penalties with the best of them and I'm sure he's a great leader. But Draps should be on the 4th line and only given extra time on the PK. He should be centering Bootland and Ellis not a 3rd line.

And boy does Hudler impress me more and more each game. I actually think they should put Hudler with Lang and Bertuzzi when Big Bert comes back.

Maltby is worse imho. Draper seems to at least do some work, Maltby, what does he even do anymore? He used to be a great instigator, now though... bleh, whatever.

Edited by Gaisgeil

Maltby is worse imho. Draper seems to at least do some work, Maltby, what does he even do anymore? He used to be a great instigator, now though... bleh, whatever.

I think Maltby can still agitate at times but I think it's safe to say both players are on the decline. And it's a very steep hill.

Maltby will be gone after this year and Draper will be gone after the 08 season has wrapped up.

This is why I wish Babcock would give more time to Flip and Hudler. Both those guys deserve to be on the 3rd line at the very worst. Leave Drapes and Maltby on the 4th line with PK time added in. In the playoffs you need your 3rd line to produce to win cups or even win series'. You won't win any games with Draper and Maltby on the 3rd line. They simpy can't score those big goals or make those big plays they used to. And it's not their fault. They're not spring chickens anymore and they were amazing during our Cup winning years. But it's time to pass the torch.

We need more new guys like you.

And then we need some enforcers to take out those who have hit the panic button way too many times. Marcus, Rabia, HC, Heroes of Hockeytown, harold, Crymson.... it's time to get to work. :lol:

Sir, yes sir! *salutes*

Draper has, and has always had, terrible hands. But at least he works hard out there and fights for the puck in the corners or uses his speed. Maltby looks lost most of the time. And he doesn't play with an edge anymore. Without McCarty to back him up, he plays much softer.

Draper has, and has always had, terrible hands. But at least he works hard out there and fights for the puck in the corners or uses his speed. Maltby looks lost most of the time. And he doesn't play with an edge anymore. Without McCarty to back him up, he plays much softer.

Why are you so anti-Maltby anyways? While I admit Maltby isn't the same player he used to be, he isn't a pile of garbage either. He plays with more edge than people like Josh Langfeld do now or Williams when he still played here.

hey, maltby leads the team in =/-, well..., -

agreed.

Why are you so anti-Maltby anyways? While I admit Maltby isn't the same player he used to be, he isn't a pile of garbage either. He plays with more edge than people like Josh Langfeld do now or Williams when he still played here.

maltby doesn't play with much of an edge at all anymore, imo.

Guest Crymson

Man is Draper useless offensively. This guy lost whatever hands he might have had during his 24 goal season.

I love the guy as he still works extremely hard, kills penalties with the best of them and I'm sure he's a great leader. But Draps should be on the 4th line and only given extra time on the PK. He should be centering Bootland and Ellis not a 3rd line.

And boy does Hudler impress me more and more each game. I actually think they should put Hudler with Lang and Bertuzzi when Big Bert comes back.

I do agree that Draper has begun to frustrate me on offense; the guy often wastes good scoring opportunities on bad-angle slapshots right into the goalie. It has been a problem his entire career, and I don't know why.

However, he has myriad other uses. He's great defensively, he's one of the best face-off men in the league (top-ten), he's one of the best penalty-killers in the league, and he's got incredible speed. He CAN produce on offense if he plays on a decent line; he's best around the net.

What a shock.

Oh, SNAP! Will you date me? Please?

There's this guy...in the water cooler who can answer any question.

Maybe we should ask him what will hapen in the playoffs ;)

You keep him in your water cooler? How cruel.

We need more new guys like you.

And then we need some enforcers to take out those who have hit the panic button way too many times. Marcus, Rabia, HC, Heroes of Hockeytown, harold, Crymson.... it's time to get to work. :lol:

Rabia present and accounted for at your service SIR! :boxing:

There's this guy...in the water cooler who can answer any question.

Maybe we should ask him what will hapen in the playoffs ;)

What's going to happen in the playoffs?

Somebody will win, somebody will lose. Somebody will score, somebody won't.

There's my answer to the question. :P

But there will never be any doom-and-gloom posts from me. ;)