• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WestWing

White Jerseys at Home

Rate this topic

I love it too , I hope they start doing it more often

I've seen this quite a bit lately with the home team wearing the whites.

And yeah, they need to switch it back, and going to the new jerseys next year is the perfect time to do this.

There are very few teams, the Wings among them, who look good with their darks at home.

Buccigross was saying in his column this week that he's hearing that the league will go back to home whites next season.

Yeah, I am fan of the dark jerseys at home.

They look sharp.

But does anyone know exactly the reason why we are switching up and wearing white at home?

Probably coincidence that we just did it twice in a short time span. Chicago and Boston both wore third jerseys, which is probably why the Wings wore white.

There are very few teams, the Wings among them, who look good with their darks at home.

Buccigross was saying in his column this week that he's hearing that the league will go back to home whites next season.

First of all...who cares about those other teams :P

Second, other teams have 3rd color jersies that they'd rather wear at home.

I say keep it they way it is. I remember the white at home and it was so tedious.

Boston was wearing the third jersey today--hence the home whites. As an earlier poster mentioned, some teams look better in their whites (e.g. Montreal, Toronto), but the Wings are definitely better in Red. Maybe the League should give each team the option of choosing which jersey to wear at home--although that would probably make life miserable for equipment managers.

They do look better in red. I like the white jersey a lot... but still, the red? It grabs you. Additionally it makes the Wings look 180% more kickass.

Besides, in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, who wore a white jersey? Wait, no one? Precisely. It was an old time red Gordie Howe on Cameron's back. It's proof right there. Red wins.

The dark jerseys are the official home jersey, just as in the NFL, and the NCAA. Back (maybe) in the 1970s the Montreal Canadiens petitioned the other five members of the "original six" to change to the "white" jerseys because their road jerseys have three colors and they wanted their fans in Montreal to be able to see those jerseys. This situation persisted for many years until about two or three years ago when the decision was made to go back to dark (home) jerseys and "white" (road) jerseys. That much I know for a fact. As far as what's going-on now, I haven't a clue!

I don't know if anyone caught Matlby today. He came out for the warm up and had pulled a Hudler. He was wearing the red helmet. Classic. I was trying to get a pic but somone had told him so he whent and switched helmets. It was pretty funny.

I love the whites. They are the nicest uniform i have seen.

I prefer the Wings white jerseys, but I hope the NHL stays with the dark jerseys at home.

Oh and BTW it Red WINGS, not red JERSEYS, lol, so it could either, but Red WINGS shows up better on white JERSEYS. lol