• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwinger4747

Next Year's Roster

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

This looks like a great team. Landing Drury will be a task for the ages though.

Also, I'd rather see Sarich than Witt.

As with Bert, it remains to be seen how Drury's injury--in this case, his massive concussion--affects his play.

Samuelsson has to be traded. His salary is just too much for what he brings.

The goalie is going to be the main target for Kenny once Datsyuk is re-signed or gone.

Informed post. However, please explain to me how a player who is paid only $1.2m can possibly be called overpaid in the first place, especially one who scores at a rate of about .7ppg.

Hartnell is a dick.

Agreed on the goalie. The chances of Osgood starting next year are about the same as the odds that I'll be mauled to death by a unicorn. I doubt Hasek will return. I love the guy, but he was a gamble and he knows it, and he wouldn't take backup minutes. If he'd agree to be a backup, I'd make Osgood 3rd string; Hasek as a backup would be simply too good to pass up.

Edited by Crymson

SERGEI SAMSONOV is who we should trade for.This is why, ok in boston He played with THORNTON Who is like Bert and put thm together and He can scored 60 points.

Flip Datsyuk Zetterburg

Hudler Bert Samsonov

Calder Draper Homer

Frazen Clery Samulelson

SERGEI SAMSONOV is who we should trade for.This is why, ok in boston He played with THORNTON Who is like Bert and put thm together and He can scored 60 points.

Flip Datsyuk Zetterburg

Hudler Bert Samsonov

Calder Draper Homer

Frazen Clery Samulelson

I'd suggest waiting for Montreal to buy out Samsonov, then signing him for nothing.

If that happened, I'd be thrilled. Even though Samsonov is not playing well this year, I think a fresh start would be good for him.

Guest Crymson

Flip Datsyuk Zetterburg

Hudler Bert Samsonov

Calder Draper Homer

Frazen Clery Samulelson

I don't think Thornton, one of the best set up men in the league, bears any real similarity to power-forward Bert. Cheechoo did not produce last year until paired with Thornton. Bert cannot set up at nearly the same level as Thornton.

FYI--Bert is not a center, and he can't take faceoffs.

Informed post. However, please explain to me how a player who is paid only $1.2m can possibly be called overpaid in the first place, especially one who scores at a rate of about .7ppg.

Hartnell is a dick.

On Samuelsson: $1.2M for a guy who brings a tangible that we already have is too much. Soft guy who doesnt go to the corners, doesnt go to the net, and constantly takes these wristers from atleast 25 feet out. We saw in the series with Edmonton last year that a perimeter game does not cut it against teams in the playoffs anymore, especially when they have a good D and goalie. I'd like to replace Samuelsson with a player like Calder. Now you're going to say "Calder makers twice as much as Samuelsson, how can you say he isnt overpaid?" Well because Calder brings twice as much of the things this team needs.

On Hartnell: I think this guy is a great player. Premier power forward. Just bad luck that he got hurt this year. Put him on a line with Zetterberg or Filppula centering him and I think he could be a great player. Goes into the corners, plays nasty playoff type hockey, always gets under the skin of his opponent and is young. He has a great shot as well. Replace Samuelsson with Hartnell and you get a guy who has just as good of a shot, but also brings the grit, size, and mean streak that we need more of. You're right, though. He is a dick. So was Kocur. So was Chelios. As was Bertuzzi, though the jury is still out as whether or not that one will work out or not, I'm optimistic though.