• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Peace and Love During the Sens/Sabres Brawl

Rate this topic

These comments highlight the striking intolerance and judgmentality which pervades this nation. Why was this strange? What if they were showing affection? Is there something wrong with men showing friendly affection? Why judge? Why not let people be?

Honesty, I feel that some of the comments in this thread border on insanity. They make me feel rather ill.

Seriously dude, shut the hell up. I simply said that I would personally feel strange doing that. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, nor did I judge anyone.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

These comments highlight the striking intolerance and judgmentality which pervades this nation. Why was this strange? What if they were showing affection? Is there something wrong with men showing friendly affection? Why judge? Why not let people be?

Honesty, I feel that some of the comments in this thread border on insanity. They make me feel rather ill.

Hold your horses there PC police.

It's not strange because it's two men embracing. It's strange because its two hockey players embracing during a game, during a fight/partial melee on the ice.

I tried to explain myself but I guess I didn't do it clearly. So let me spell it out. I don't give a rat's ass if two guys or gals hug, kiss, do unspeakables to each other or whatever. I'm a diehard, far, far lefty, liberal and think people ought to be allowed to do as they please. I'm all for *** marriage and blah, blah, blah. N

I only thought this was strange because I don't go putting my arms around my opponents during fights in that manner. In hindsight it was obviously a joke. I still think its weird. I remember once in Columbus they were playing this kissing song on the jumbo tron and showing couples kissing and then they showed the Wings bench and I think Stevie leaned over and kissed Lapointe or Shanny. That was funny. Obviously it was a joke and they were just goofing off. I didn't find that strange at all. I found the Priessing/Campell embrace weird simply because, like I said, it isn't common that guys are joking around while there's a fight going on in a heated rivalry, especially one that was boiling over like the Ottawa/Buffalo one. Funny stuff by Campell but I wouldn't have thought to do it myself. Hence, to me, as a hockey player, I thought it was strange.

Now, had it not been a joke I don't have a problem with the idea of 2 men showing affection. However, I do have a problem with them showing affection on the field of play. I don't want to see players hugging, holding, embracing or doing anything "romantic" with one another. I'm there to see guys compete and play hockey. I don't care if they are straight or *** but it doesn't have any business on the field of play. So in that sense I would have a problem with it.

Now put your PC guns back in your holster.

Guest Crymson

Gordie and Inultus:

Very well. I myself am not homosexual, but I hear junk such as what I thought I heard here all over the place in society on this kind of stuff. The YouTube page on which I found this video was flooded with anti-*** comments. I apologize for overreacting; however, know that political correctness had nothing to do with this. Nay, it was simply a distaste for certain aspects of this society which I find obscene.

Thank you for your explanations.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Gordie and Inultus:

Very well. I myself am not homosexual, but I hear junk such as what I thought I heard here all over the place in society on this kind of stuff. The YouTube page on which I found this video was flooded with anti-*** comments. I apologize for overreacting; however, know that political correctness had nothing to do with this. Nay, it was simply a distaste for certain aspects of this society which I find obscene.

No sweat, sorry for not being clear earlier. I knew when I was posting originally that it might be miscontrued.

it was simply a distaste for certain aspects of this society which I find obscene.

Interesting, because I find homosexuality obscene, however I understand why you would be upset if there were anti-*** comments on the you tube page. However, what I said was not anti-*** at all.

Although I personally think that it is morally wrong and it also has no place on the ice (or in the locker room, for that matter), I would never jump to conclusions on this sort of thing which was obviously a joke between two players.

Guest Crymson

Interesting, because I find homosexuality obscene, however I understand why you would be upset if there were anti-*** comments on the you tube page. However, what I said was not anti-*** at all.

Although I personally think that it is morally wrong and it also has no place on the ice (or in the locker room, for that matter), I would never jump to conclusions on this sort of thing which was obviously a joke between two players.

I personally object to judgment on an issue that affects you not at all. However, this is not the place for such a discussion.

Edited by Crymson

I personally object to judgment on an issue that affects you not at all. However, this is not the place for such a discussion.

Actually it affects us all (and myself personally in a few specific ways). Also, I'm not making a personal judgment on it, I believe in God and He said it is wrong, but you are correct, this is not the place to discuss that.

Thats awesome. What it kinda reminds me of is a few weeks back when the TSN guys were interviewing Weight before the game and Cheli was stretching off to the side and started jokingly jabbing his stick at Weight. You could see Weight grinning. Just goes to show that even though guys are on different teams, you can still be friends and have a little fun.